Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

mithya said:
I received an email from my lawyer that my LC has been certified. Ironically my contract with the employer ends Sept 05. Will appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed for next steps (if my employer agrees). The details are:

PD: June 03 (state Pennsylvania)
Received Regional office (phili): Sept 03
45 day letter received and replied: Feb 28/Mar 1 2005
Case type: EB2/Non RIR
Congrats mithya!
Looks like PBEC is approving cases at a very slow pace and only cases that had moved to regional.

congrats!

mithya said:
I received an email from my lawyer that my LC has been certified. Ironically my contract with the employer ends Sept 05. Will appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed for next steps (if my employer agrees). The details are:

Congratulations, Mrithya. Good news!

This shows there is no FIFO but F***** order

mithya said:

They are not even looking at RIR cases even for April 2001 !? :mad:

Congrats Mithya !!

Go ahead with ur 140 & 485..........

Way to go...

Guys,
I don't think ne one can predict PBEC !! I doubt whether they can do it on their own.

Can ne body explain / guess where it's leading upto? Imean are they (PBEC) processing only those received in Regional at that time?

Wat happened to the regular Monday updates???

God bless DOL !!!

Thanks,
Immidude74

mithya said:

Congratulations, Mrithya. Good news!

Originally Posted by mithya

Don't wait, Go for I140 and I485. Infuture who knows it may be clear before sept 05..

Wish u good luck..
jdk98

I too have same PD of june 2003

Congrats Mithya.

I too have same PD of June 2003 from Pennsylvania.
I too replied my 45 day letter in Feb 2005. But only difference is my LC was received in regional (DOL) in Feb 2004. Could you please let me know your new ETA number, so that I can see where my application stands.

Thanks.

--------------------------------
Received Regional office (phili): Feb 2004
45 day letter received and replied: Feb 2005

mithya said:

My new case number was PA-04261-XXXXX

M

srinivas_o said:
Congrats Mithya.

I too replied my 45 day letter in Feb 2005. But only difference is my LC was received in regional (DOL) in Feb 2004. Could you please let me know your new ETA number, so that I can see where my application stands.

Thanks.

Just a modification - My case is RIR, not NON RIR

srinivas_o said:
Congrats Mithya.

Thanks.

Case type: EB2/RIR

Good News

Hi Mritya
Good news, congrats, atleast finally some approvals, My case went to regional in Aug03 and i got 45 days letter in feb/march 05 and they replied to it in mar/apr i guess.
But still no response, i think if they have cleared you then they should have started workin on RIR/Aug 03 cases also.

I hope and i will just wait and see what will happen, but for my case they had querries to give my employers registration documents becuase my employer moved to new place.
Let me call my lawyer and ask him...........wait........

By looking at the tracker I would say that you should receive yours in a couple weeks or so ... your tracking # are only 11 working days apart. On the other hand your PDs are 23 days apart so it might take another month.

All this is based on the assumption that Mithya case was approved and the approval notice was sent immediately ... and we know this is never the case.

So who knows .... be patient and you will be rewarded :D

srinivas_o said:
Congrats Mithya.

MDwatch said:
By looking at the tracker I would say that you should receive yours in a couple weeks or so ... your tracking # are only 11 working days apart. On the other hand your PDs are 23 days apart so it might take another month.

All this is based on the assumption that Mithya case was approved and the approval notice was sent immediately ... and we know this is never the case.

So who knows .... be patient and you will be rewarded :D

My case went to regional Aug2003 and i got 45 days letter in the month of feb and they replied in march.
My case is RIR/EB3.
If they have approved sep2003 case they might even approve my case soon..........................

Who gets the approval notice?

Mithya or all of yall,
Who gets the approval notice? Is it both the employer and lawyer or just the lawyer. Asking since my employer and lawyer are not getting along right now, and all I am interested in is knowing about approval notice.
Please provide comments.
frog

It seems from what people say that the lawyer receive the approval notice with the original of form 750. The employee also receive a copy of the letter at home. I am not sure about the employer ....

But again in some cases people haven't receive the letter at home, just the lawyer.

eefrog said:
Mithya or all of yall,
Who gets the approval notice? Is it both the employer and lawyer or just the lawyer. Asking since my employer and lawyer are not getting along right now, and all I am interested in is knowing about approval notice.
Please provide comments.
frog

srinivas_o said:
Congrats Mithya.

Thanks.

I think what is going on is. They are processing non RIR cases with later PD's than RIR but and I think this is a big but.... not like the ones on some people but like the one in English :D -- once within the range of PD's they will process, it matters when you responded to 45 day letter.

So... my case is non RIR. PD is Apr 2002 and we responded to 45 day letter on March 8th 2005. If there is any sense to be made here and I am hoping I will be right this time, I should hear something in a weeks time.

Hey Congrats Mithya. And I would definitely go ahead with the 140 / 485 filing right away. Negotiate your terms with the employer for next 6 months for thats all you will need. Remember to keep your pay at same level as on LC otherwise you will have trouble during 485 adjudication.... Then find another job AS SOON AS 140 is approved and BEFORE 485 is adjudicated. This is the only way to take advantage of AC 21. After 485 is approved you are advised to stay with current employer for some time to avoid fraud charges.

But your lawyer is the best source for this kind of information.... not me.

change of employer

hello spidey,

"Remember to keep your pay at same level as on LC otherwise you will have trouble during 485 adjudication.... "

if the salary changes happens how it effects.

"Then find another job AS SOON AS 140 is approved and BEFORE 485 is adjudicated. This is the only way to take advantage of AC 21. After 485 is approved you are advised to stay with current employer for some time to avoid fraud charges."

can you please explain the change of employer at that time how it can effect if we do it after or before. how long we need to stay with current employer before the change.

Last edited by a moderator:
manju1968 said:
hello spidey,

"Remember to keep your pay at same level as on LC otherwise you will have trouble during 485 adjudication.... "

if the salary changes happens how it effects.

"Then find another job AS SOON AS 140 is approved and BEFORE 485 is adjudicated. This is the only way to take advantage of AC 21. After 485 is approved you are advised to stay with current employer for some time to avoid fraud charges."

can you please explain the change of employer at that time how it can effect if we do it after or before. how long we need to stay with current employer before the change.

What if there is a Job Change?
©MurthyDotCom
As regular readers of MurthyDotCom and the MurthyBulletin know, under AC21 it is possible in certain circumstances to obtain approval of the employment-based I-485 through a job offer other than the one stated in the labor certification. This ability is based on the I-140 having been approved and the I-485 pending for at least 180 days. Many people coordinated departures from their jobs with the length of time they thought it would take to process their I-485 cases. That is, the intent was to leave but they might have waited, leisurely searching for a new job based on an expectation of lengthy processing times. This is no longer prudent since the I-485 approval times have become so unpredictable.
©MurthyDotCom
If one is eligible to obtain approval via a new job offer and wishes to make a change, it is important to act quickly. At The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, we are getting inquiries from people who have been considering changing jobs, even interviewing, who then are surprised to receive an I-485 approval in the mail. This could cause problems and be perceived as fraud if the USCIS approves the I-485 based on an existing job offer and the person soon leaves the sponsoring employer to join a new employer. The I-485 approval is based upon the underlying initial job offer that was made in the labor certification and I-140 petition. It is a future job offer to take effect upon approval of the green card. One is expected to work for the company offering the job for a reasonable period of time after the green card is approved. Thus, changing jobs and trying to assert AC21 after case approval is a risky venture, fraught with uncertainties.
©MurthyDotCom
If a job change is desired, it is far better to make the change after becoming eligible to do so under AC21 but in advance of the case approval. With shorter processing times and the USCIS's position that a person is not eligible to use AC21 until the I-140 petition is approved, it should not be assumed that AC21 is going to be a valid option.

Source:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_man485.html

As far as pay is concerned, as far as I know, adjudicating officer can challenge if pay is lesser although the correct interpretation is that your employer will pay the LC wages after GC and this argument can be made but we all know such situations can be risky.

Pls note I am not a lawyer or expert. So get professional advise and do not rely on my amateur opinions stated above.

Called BEC Philly

Last week the Labor Certification wait got better of me and I called the Philly BEC. A nice lady answered the phone and here are her responses.

Q 1: When will you start certifying the cases.
Certifying cases is currently underway.

Q 2: I heard Dallas started approving the cases.
They understand the problem if one BEC goes faster than the other. Philly and Dallas BECs will be in sync.

Q 3: When will we start seeing approved labor
Soon. I was very persistent to get a ball park estimate. She understood it and said within next 2-3 months.

Q 4: Are you working on cases based on PD?
Yes. Currently 2001 cases are in process. She did not give which month they are working on.

For some reason after talking to her I felt a little better. Thought if I share this info with you, you will also feel better.

what's the phone number you called?

NO_GC_TILL_NOW said:
Last week the Labor Certification wait got better of me and I called the Philly BEC. A nice lady answered the phone and here are her responses.

Q 1: When will you start certifying the cases.
Certifying cases is currently underway.

Q 2: I heard Dallas started approving the cases.
They understand the problem if one BEC goes faster than the other. Philly and Dallas BECs will be in sync.

Q 3: When will we start seeing approved labor
Soon. I was very persistent to get a ball park estimate. She understood it and said within next 2-3 months.

Q 4: Are you working on cases based on PD?
Yes. Currently 2001 cases are in process. She did not give which month they are working on.

For some reason after talking to her I felt a little better. Thought if I share this info with you, you will also feel better.