Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

kosu said:
Long time back, I requested a proof from Philly backlog center for my 7th year extention. Today, I received an email from Phily Backlog center. They have given a case number as T-0515x-xxxxx. And also they have mentioned that my case was received by them on June 08th 2005. My PD is Oct 30 2003.

Does any one know what does T on the new case number stands for?

T-0515x-xxxxx

Kosu,
T is temporary
05 for 2005
15* means 158 th day of year.(You said June 8)

If you donot mind please provide the first digit of your rest of the number after the dash. That would be helpful in telling how many cases were data entried upto Jun 8, 2005. Thank you....

When the whole data entry is done your numer would change to P-whatever..
The T indicates that only brief data entry is done....

As there is a lot of data to be entried...they are making abbriviated entries for all applications so that they can give a case number for the 7 th year extensions and better for FIFO....
Everybody with T number is an abbriviated entry...

Last edited by a moderator:
USCISisMockery said:
No, thats suicidal. What if your boss left the company before signing your 140 and 485 ? And also once you get GC, you have to come back to old company.

Thats the delimma many of us face, better career and prospect or GC. Choice is yours.

I thought that when you got your green card yu can work for whoever you want ... USCIS said

'# To live permanently in the United States provided you do not commit any actions that would make you removable (deportable) under the immigration law (section 237, Immigration and Nationality Act).
# To be employed in the United States at any legal work of your qualification and choosing.
# To be protected by all of the laws of the United States, your state of residence and local jurisdictions.
# To vote in local elections where United States Citizenship is not required. Click here for more details on voting.'

You are not alone in being frustrated

cpallapothula said:
All,
Looking @ Dallas BEC, I am feeling really frustrated as my PD(Mar , 2002 from CA) is much much before than tha approvals coming out from Dallas BEC. Just because mine has gone to Philly BEC, I am stuck there for ever(looks like).
When the BPC made a plan, aren't they responsible for the equal distribution of cases and addressing the cases from a common database.
I am thinking to file a case against the BPC. I am not sure whether my point is valid and stands. Also, Is there any one wants to join me in this. If so we can talk Rajeev and decide whether this is going to stand or not.

Your opinions please...

There are approvals for much later months coming out of Dallas BEC - in fact there was one posted for Jan 2003 whereas a bulk of the earlier half cases of 2002 have been almost untouched - plus we keep hearing about the sufferings of TR cases - so if you getyour LC approval - you are plain lucky and if you don't (irrespective of your date) - you're one of the many (who are frustrated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCISisMockery
No, thats suicidal. What if your boss left the company before signing your 140 and 485 ? And also once you get GC, you have to come back to old company.

Thats the delimma many of us face, better career and prospect or GC. Choice is yours.

I thought that when you got your green card yu can work for whoever you want ... USCIS said

'# To live permanently in the United States provided you do not commit any actions that would make you removable (deportable) under the immigration law (section 237, Immigration and Nationality Act).
# To be employed in the United States at any legal work of your qualification and choosing.
# To be protected by all of the laws of the United States, your state of residence and local jurisdictions.
# To vote in local elections where United States Citizenship is not required. Click here for more details on voting.'

I think you need to be with the company who applied for 140 during 485 interview. If thats not the case, then whats purpose of 140.

Regarding Dallas BEC approving, I still don't get it why people are reacting so strongly. It was easily predicted that regional case (of PD 2005) will be given higher priority than state (of PD 1999). Whats new about it ? And I think its quite fair for someone who started dreaming about LC (because his/her file went to regional from state) and suddenly it was moved to BEC.

What not fair is when SWA application is approved in random order.

USCISisMockery said:
I think you need to be with the company who applied for 140 during 485 interview. If thats not the case, then whats purpose of 140.

Regarding Dallas BEC approving, I still don't get it why people are reacting so strongly. It was easily predicted that regional case (of PD 2005) will be given higher priority than state (of PD 1999). Whats new about it ? And I think its quite fair for someone who started dreaming about LC (because his/her file went to regional from state) and suddenly it was moved to BEC.

What not fair is when SWA application is approved in random order.

That s assuming yu need 485 once yu get your LC approved.

But once you got your green card, yu can effectively work for whoever yu want.

May be I read it wrong. My apologies

rollingstone said:
I am actually asking that question here. nk01 reported seeing Apr 03 approvals. I haven't seen or heard any such thing, and personally I don't think it's true.

msp1976 said:
T-0515x-xxxxx

Kosu,
T is temporary
05 for 2005
15* means 158 th day of year.(You said June 8)

If you donot mind please provide the first digit of your rest of the number after the dash. That would be helpful in telling how many cases were data entried upto Jun 8, 2005. Thank you....

When the whole data entry is done your numer would change to P-whatever..
The T indicates that only brief data entry is done....

As there is a lot of data to be entried...they are making abbriviated entries for all applications so that they can give a case number for the 7 th year extensions and better for FIFO....
Everybody with T number is an abbriviated entry...

I sent the email to H1B7YR@phi.dflc.com. Here is the Case number T-05159-59xxx. On the email there is a column for Case Received Date, and it is 06/08/2005. But the letter was dated July 11th 2005.

I hope this helps...

Could you tell when you sent the email?

kosu said:
I sent the email to H1B7YR@phi.dflc.com. Here is the Case number T-05159-59xxx. On the email there is a column for Case Received Date, and it is 06/08/2005. But the letter was dated July 11th 2005.

I hope this helps...

kosu said:

I hope this helps...

1-so ur case never made it to regional?
2-is it RIR?
3-from which state u originally filed?
4-which letter is dated july 11 2005, u sent an email right or what?

labor proof from PBEC!

This message is for KOSU!
When did you send email to PBEC to get Temp case number?
From which state did you file?? Is it a SWA case or regional??
Actyually My case is a SWA case with PD = July'2003 and I sent an email to PBEC on jun22' 2005 to request a proof of RIR filing for H1B ext? I did not get response and still waiting?
Can you please respond.
Thanks in advance.

NY 45 days letter

I was in an attorney's office today and he showed me one of his client's 45 days letter - of course he hide the client's name. This guy's PD is Nov., 22, 2002 and filed in NYS. 45 days letter was replied on 5/18/2005.

Just wondering how many people out there have already got their letters?

rirlaborCT said:
This message is for KOSU!
When did you send email to PBEC to get Temp case number?
From which state did you file?? Is it a SWA case or regional??
Actyually My case is a SWA case with PD = July'2003 and I sent an email to PBEC on jun22' 2005 to request a proof of RIR filing for H1B ext? I did not get response and still waiting?
Can you please respond.
Thanks in advance.

I dont remember the exact date, may be a month back. I filed from VA and my case did not make it to the regional. My PD is Oct 30 2003. I hope this helps you

antonioa77 said:
1-so ur case never made it to regional?
2-is it RIR?
3-from which state u originally filed?
4-which letter is dated july 11 2005, u sent an email right or what?

Yes, My case did not make it to the regional. It is a RIR Case and I filed from VA. The email they sent me, had an attachment for the proof for my 7th extention.

How many days did they take to reply back to you. I sent them an email over a week back and have not received a reply.

kosu said:
Long time back, I requested a proof from Philly backlog center for my 7th year extention. Today, I received an email from Phily Backlog center. They have given a case number as T-0515x-xxxxx. And also they have mentioned that my case was received by them on June 08th 2005. My PD is Oct 30 2003.

Does any one know what does T on the new case number stands for?

Suggestion for switch over

Guys,
My company filed GC (TR) in May 2003 from NJ . Never heard since then. H1 expires Nov 2006. Current project is stable and will last for at least two more years. Current company won't go for PERM, anyway we are golden hen for them, aren't we?
Just got a very good offer from another company, they are willing to file in PERM before this Nov. I have 15 years of exp and bachelor degree.
I did search in the forums, PERM seems risky move.
What do you Gurus suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Wait4LaborNJ :confused:

Have patience...

It takes anywhere between 2-3 weeks to get a response from PBEC. I too got a similar mail with the ETA Case No. T-05140-3**** for my 7th year H1 extension. It is a matter of time before they send your case no.

dcmetro22042 said:
How many days did they take to reply back to you. I sent them an email over a week back and have not received a reply.

Certified

I received an email from my lawyer that my LC has been certified. Ironically my contract with the employer ends Sept 05. Will appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed for next steps (if my employer agrees). The details are:

PD: June 03 (state Pennsylvania)
Received Regional office (phili): Sept 03
45 day letter received and replied: Feb 28/Mar 1 2005
Case type: EB2/Non RIR

Wait4LaborNJ said:
Guys,
My company filed GC (TR) in May 2003 from NJ . Never heard since then. H1 expires Nov 2006. Current project is stable and will last for at least two more years. Current company won't go for PERM, anyway we are golden hen for them, aren't we?
Just got a very good offer from another company, they are willing to file in PERM before this Nov. I have 15 years of exp and bachelor degree.
I did search in the forums, PERM seems risky move.
What do you Gurus suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Wait4LaborNJ :confused:

If GC is objective, I would stick with current process because of visa numbers retrogression. A new PERM application means a new and later priority date.
If new job is better and objective is career advancement, I would take the new offer.

At this point, you have enough time on H1B to afford this change. In 4 months, come November you will lose that ability.

Certified

I received an email from my lawyer that my LC has been certified. Ironically my contract with the employer ends Sept 05. Will appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed for next steps (if my employer agrees). The details are:

Certified