Petition Form I-130 through Mother & Brother

Pattal

Registered Users (C)
In July 2007 my U.S Citizen brother petitioned me by filing form I-130 and in the same time my mother a green card holder petitioned me too, in September 2008 my mother became a U.S citizen then she upgrade my petition from green card to U.S citizen petitions her unmarried daughter.
Last week I received an approval notice letter from National Benefits Center in Lee’s Summit, Missouri approving my petition through my brother and they say they’ll transfer my file to Department of State National Visa Center for further processing? How long it will take me to get my green card through my brother from now?
My question how came I was approved through my brother so fast and still I did not get approved through my mother petition? It should be the other way around, anybody went through this scenario?
Any explanation?

Thanks to all.

If you are not from Mexico or Philippines then you'll have to wait AT LEAST 5 more years for GC thru your mom or 9-10 years thru your brother. There is NO WAY to expedite the process - it's based on Priority Date only (which is 2007 in your case). CIS is not in hurry to approve I-130 that's why your mom's one is still pending. But again approval (would it be year ago or 2 years from now) will not do you any good anyway (well, there is a certain advantage in approval, but it won't speed up the process anyway).

For backlogged FB categories, it really makes no difference when the I-130 is approved. Both your FB4 and FB1 are still not current, assuming they were filed in 2007 itself.

My question how came I was approved through my brother so fast and still I did not get approved through my mother petition?

I’m looking at California Service Center processing time it says:-
U.S.Citizen filing for brother/sister now they are working on cases received on October 1999, The USCIS received my I-130 petition through my brother on July 2007 so how come they approved my I-130 so fast if they are working right now on cases or petition received in 1999?

Pay attention to the visa bulletin now.

U.S.Citizen filing for brother/sister now they are working on cases received on October 1999, The USCIS received my I-130 petition through my brother on July 2007 so how come they approved my I-130 so fast if they are working right now on cases or petition received in 1999?

Right now I have approval through my brother I-130 petition the approval notice came from National Visa Center in Lee’s Summit Missouri
It’s says approval notice section: brother or sister of U.S. Citizen, 203(a)(4) INA.
Also it says they sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center in Portsmouth, NH

My question now can I or will I be able to submit form I-485 and I-765 based on my brother I-130 Petition approval from the service center even though the visa for that category is not current and I should wait another 8-10 year for the visa to became current and the visa available from the Department of State?

My question now can I or will I be able to submit form I-485 and I-765 based on my brother I-130 Petition approval from the service center even though the visa for that category is not current and I should wait another 8-10 year for the visa to became current and the visa available from the Department of State?

You need to wait for the date to become current. You cannot file an I-485 yet based on the approved FB4 I-130.

Right now I have approval through my brother I-130 petition the approval notice came from National Visa Center in Lee’s Summit Missouri
It’s says approval notice section: brother or sister of U.S. Citizen, 203(a)(4) INA.
Also it says they sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center in Portsmouth, NH

Make a long story short...........YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECEIVE A GREENCARD THROUGH YOUR BROTHER ANYTIME SOON.......you have years to go according to visa bulletin. Your approval simply means that your file is forwarded to the NVC for a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long nap/sleep.

Best case scenario: Your mother petition is now F1 based and they are processing cases that were filed before May 15, 2003........so any way you look at it, its a long wait ahead.