Petition for I-140 Backlog for CSC. Please join

All,

As per input from everybody, I have modified my existing petition. Please take this petition to Town hall meeting of Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren. I have created a generic petition that we are planning to post to www.immigration.com.
Feel free to give your comments if you want to modify the contents or if I miss anything.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Department of Justice
BCIS- Vermont Service Center
Attn: Director, I-140 Adjudication Unit
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Subject: Backlog in the I-140 application processing

Dear Director:

As you are probably aware,CSC has a backlog of more than one (1) year for I-140 Eb1, EB2 and EB3 filers. As per new law for concurrent filing for I-140 and I-485, the cases will be adjaculated concurrently. Even if I-140 is filed non-concurrently, it will take the same time as adjaculating I-140 and I-485 concurrently. Since I-485 is taking anywhere between 24 - 36 months to process in California Service Center, not adjaculating I-140 before hand will not allow candidates to use AC 21 to change job or to file for next stage i.e. adjustment of status. If for some reason, the candidate loses the job during this period, which in the current economic situation is quite likely, his/her green card processing stops, leaving no option to fallback on AC-21 provisions. This defeats the very purpose of AC-21, which provides relief to candidates in similar situations. The caveat there though is that candidates could change jobs as long as their I-140 petition is approved and I-485 petition is pending for over 180 days. The candidate should be allowed to use AC 21 i.e. change jobs after 180 days has passed by after filing I-140 and I-1485 concurrently, whether I-140 has been approved or not.

We, as immigrationportal community request you to please expedite I-140 processing so that it will give required relief to I-140 filers as well as I-140 and I-485 concurrent filers. It will provide a required relief to a lot of people who has been waiting so long for their approval.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Thanks & Regards,
( Name )
( Signature )
Case No : WAC XXXXXX

Kashmir,

Since our petition for I-140 backlog in CSC looks complete and we have couple of people ready for signatures, can you help us in coordinating with Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna to post this petition on www.immigration.com. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

All,

I have posted wrong address on petition letter by mistake. Here is the correct address with petition letter.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

------------------------------------------------------------------
USCIS-California Service Center
ATTN: Director of I-140 Adjudications
24000 Avila Road, 2nd Flr, Room 2306
Laguna Niguel, CA 92656

Dear Director:

As you are probably aware,CSC has a backlog of more than one (1) year for I-140 Eb1, EB2 and EB3 filers. As per new law for concurrent filing for I-140 and I-485, the cases will be adjaculated concurrently. Even if I-140 is filed non-concurrently, it will take the same time as adjaculating I-140 and I-485 concurrently. Since I-485 is taking anywhere between 24 - 36 months to process in California Service Center, not adjaculating I-140 before hand will not allow candidates to use AC 21 to change job or to file for next stage i.e. adjustment of status. If for some reason, the candidate loses the job during this period, which in the current economic situation is quite likely, his/her green card processing stops, leaving no option to fallback on AC-21 provisions. This defeats the very purpose of AC-21, which provides relief to candidates in similar situations. The caveat there though is that candidates could change jobs as long as their I-140 petition is approved and I-485 petition is pending for over 180 days. The candidate should be allowed to use AC 21 i.e. change jobs after 180 days has passed by after filing I-140 and I-1485 concurrently, whether I-140 has been approved or not.

We, as immigrationportal community request you to please expedite I-140 processing so that it will give required relief to I-140 filers as well as I-140 and I-485 concurrent filers. It will provide a required relief to a lot of people who has been waiting so long for their approval.

Thanks & Regards,
( Name )
( Signature )

How about this one?

honeybee said:
All,

I have posted wrong address on petition letter by mistake. Here is the correct address with petition letter.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

------------------------------------------------------------------
USCIS-California Service Center
ATTN: Director of I-140 Adjudications
24000 Avila Road, 2nd Flr, Room 2306
Laguna Niguel, CA 92656

Dear Director:

Thanks & Regards,
( Name )
( Signature )
Hi Honeybee,

Sorry for not posting earlier, I was busy with work.
I thought I would post one letter addressed to
congress woman herself as the one you posted was
addressed to the Director of CSC and as I have seen
different letters when we approached the Senator /
Congress person for I 485 delays along with Kashmir.

Please let me know your idea /suggestions on this one.
-----------------------------------------------------------
ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA 22205

Dear Congress Woman Zoe Lofgren,
We are writing to you regarding the unreasonable delays in adjudication of the Employment-Based I-140.cases at the California Service Center (CSC) of the USCIS. According to CSC’s progress report, adjudication for I-140 cases has not shown any progress since August 2003. Congress has expressed repeatedly that the reasonable adjudication period is 6 months for immigration cases.
As per new USCIS memo of concurrent filing for I-140 and I-485, the cases will be adjudicated concurrently. Even if I-140 is filed concurrently, it will take the same time as adjudicating I-140 and I-485 filed non-concurrently. Since I-485 is taking anywhere between 24 - 36 months to process in CSC, not adjudicating I-140 before hand will not allow candidates to use AC 21. This defeats the purpose of the AC-21 law. If for some reason, the candidate loses the job during this period, which in the current economic situation is quite likely, his/her green card processing stops, leaving no option to fallback on AC-21 provisions. The caveat here is that candidates could change jobs only if their I-140 petition is approved and I-485 petition is pending for over 180 days. Ideally the candidate should be allowed to use AC 21 i.e. change jobs after 180 days has passed by after filing I-140 and I-1485 concurrently, whether I-140 has been approved or not.

We, as immigration portal community request you to please expedite I-140 processing so that it will give required relief to I-140 filers as well as I-140 and I-485 concurrent filers. It will provide a required relief to a lot of people who has been waiting so long for their approval. Even though the USCIS is a government agency, it should never be above the law. Thus, we urge you to enforce legislations passed by members of the Congress and hold the USCIS to higher standards of service. As a member of the Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims, we believe you will take appropriate actions to rein the USCIS.

In summary, we would like to request your help to 1) contact the CSC of the USCIS and express frustrations with the I-140 processing delays; and 2) hold Don Neufeld to provide specific plans for adjudication of the I-140 cases.
Regards,

<Name>
<Address>
E-Mail: - <E-Mail ID>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

People attending the town hall meeting on 8/8/04

1.) kashmir
2.) askgc
3.) ny178
4.) bluegcsep
5.) dingdingdo
6.) want140processe
7.) ycning
8.) mrm1989
9.) irisyue

Here are the people planned to attend the meeting so far.
If somebody has posted here and I missed to note please let
me know. In spirit HoneyBee, willbemyturn ...
kashmir do yout think we should go as a group and if so
where do you want to meet? and at what time?

Meeting

ycning said:
I'm thinking to go too. Should we gather first and attend the meeting as a group instead of showing up individually?

I can make it to the meeting also.

See you there at 12:30.

askgc,

The letter prepared for congress woman is pretty good. I think you can use the letter as is.

Thanks,
-Honeybee
:)

Let us send e-mail / fax to our representatives

Please know your district, representative by going
to the www.house.gov and entering you zip code
(5 + 4). Let us start sending e-mail / fax to our
representatives.

askgc,

I believe we need to include I-140 Case Number at bottom of the letter. I have seen this case number in a lot of petitions that people submit individually to make a point, and also to show that request is geniune.
Its everybody's personal decision and level of comfort.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Case #?

honeybee said:
askgc,

I believe we need to include I-140 Case Number at bottom of the letter. I have seen this case number in a lot of petitions that people submit individually to make a point, and also to show that request is geniune.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Is this everybody who is submitting the petition?

honeybee said:
askgc,

Thanks,
-Honeybee
I agree but I removed it as I want the text to fit in a page :)
I guess we should still have the case number.

People attending the town hall meeting on 8/8/04

1.) kashmir
2.) askgc
3.) ny178
4.) bluegcsep
5.) dingdingdo
6.) want140processe
7.) ycning
8.) mrm1989
9.) irisyue
10.) vidsampath

Here are the people planning to attend the meeting so far.
If somebody has posted here and I missed to note please let
me know. In spirit HoneyBee, willbemyturn ...

Include case number

askgc said:
I agree but I removed it as I want the text to fit in a page :)
I guess we should still have the case number.
I am including my case number in the copy I am taking.
I am also planning to take printouts without name, address
and other details. If somebody wants to fill in their details
and hand it over to Zoe that should be fine.

askgc,

I could not attend this congress woman meeting as it is in San Jose and I am in Los Angeles area.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Here is my message at I-485 CSC forum posted a week ago.
kashmir said:
Hi, honeybee,
Can you commit yourself to drive I-140 backlog petition even after you get your own I-140 approved ?

CSC has limited resources.
I think CSC would have to move its resources from I-485 process to I-140 process in order to improve I-140 process.
If you could succeed on I-140 petition, you might get your I-140 approved soon, but I-485 process might slow down a little.

As I-485 process has been recently improved, most of I-485 applicants don't care about such a petition nor fax/e-mail campaigns.
I believe, if you can push I-140 backlog petition strongly now, you have a chance to get enough resources for I-140 process at the CSC in near future.
Good luck.
I think that you may more specifically request Congresswoman to make the CSC move some reasonable amount of resources from I-485 to I-140 even if I-485 process would a little bit slow down.
As the CSC has shown enough peformance for I-485 adjudication recently, most of I-485 applicants have lost their interest to participate in the campaigns for the community.
If you could push the petition and the fax/e-mail campaigns in a couple of weeks, I believe you have a chance to get some resources for I-140 at the CSC.

Updated as per kashmirs advice

kashmir said:
Here is my message at I-485 CSC forum posted a week ago.

I think that you may more specifically request Congresswoman to make the CSC move some reasonable amount of resources from I-485 to I-140 even if I-485 process would a little bit slow down.
As the CSC has shown enough peformance for I-485 adjudication recently, most of I-485 applicants have lost their interest to participate in the campaigns for the community.
If you could push the petition and the fax/e-mail campaigns in a couple of weeks, I believe you have a chance to get some resources for I-140 at the CSC.

Thanks a lot kashmir for your valuable suggestions.
==========================================================
ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA 22205

Dear Congress Woman Zoe Lofgren,

We are writing to you regarding the unreasonable delays in adjudication of the Employment-Based I-140 cases at the California Service Center (CSC) of the USCIS. According to CSC’s progress report, is adjudicating the I-140 cases filed before July 2003. Also USCIS has not shown any progress for most of the I-140 cases since August 2003. Congress has expressed repeatedly that the reasonable adjudication period is 6 months for immigration cases.

As per new USCIS memo of concurrent filing for I-140 and I-485, the cases will be adjudicated concurrently. Even if I-140 is filed concurrently, it will take the same time as adjudicating I-140 and I-485 filed non-concurrently. Since I-485 is taking anywhere between 24 - 36 months to process in CSC, not adjudicating I-140 before hand will not allow candidates to use AC 21. This defeats the purpose of the AC-21 law. If for some reason, the candidate loses the job during this period, which in the current economic situation is quite likely, his/her green card processing stops, leaving no option to fallback on AC-21 provisions. The caveat here is, USCIS interpretation, that candidates could change jobs only if their I-140 petition is approved and I-485 petition is pending for over 180 days. Ideally the candidate should be allowed to use AC 21 i.e. change jobs after 180 days has passed by after filing I-140 and I-1485 concurrently, irrespective of I-140 status.

We, as immigration portal community request you to please expedite I-140 processing so that it will give required relief to I-140 filers as well as I-140 and I-485 concurrent filers. It will provide a required relief to a lot of people who have been waiting so long for their approval. Even though the USCIS is a government agency, it should never be above the law. Thus, we urge you to enforce legislations passed by members of the Congress and hold the USCIS to higher standards of service. As a member of the Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims, we believe you will take appropriate actions.

In summary, we would like to request your help to 1) contact the CSC of the USCIS and express frustrations with the I-140 processing delays; 2) USCIS interpretation of AC 21; and 3) request Mr. Don Neufeld to move some reasonable number of adjudicators from I-485 unit to the I-140 unit.

Sincerely,

<Name>
<I-140 Case Details>
<Adress>
<E-Mail Id>
==========================================================