Petition for I-140 Backlog for CSC. Please join

honeybee

Registered Users (C)
All,

As per the new dates available on AILA's website, the date for I-140 EB Category has not moved a day. It has been backlogged for more than a year. As per news on www.murthy.com, USCIS is considering to adjaculate I-140 and I-485 concurrently. i.e. they are waiting for I-485 date to become current. I-485 date will take approximately 2 years to be current. If we just wait and do nothing, some of us will lose our jobs and we will lose the Green Card Process as we won't be able to use AC21.

Please join me in our fight against USCIS injustice. I have prepared a petition letter which I am planning to post it on www.immigration.com with help of Mr. Rajiv Khanna and Moderators. Here is the sample letter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Director,
US Citizenship and Immigration Services,
USA

Subject: I-140 backlogged in CSC

Sir,

With respect I state that the processing of I-140 has been backlogged in CSC for more than 1 year for EB2 and EB3 filers. As per new law for concurrent filing for I-140 and I-485, the cases will be adjaculated concurrently. Since I-485 is taking anywhere between 24 - 36 months to process, not adjaculating I-140 before hand will not allow candidates to use AC 21. If for some reason, the candidate loses his job, he lost his whole green card process.

We, as immigrationportal community request you to please expedite I-140 processing so that it will give required relief to I-140, I-485 concurrent filers so that they can change their jobs while waiting for I-485 approval.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Thanks & Regards,
( Name )
( Signature )
Case No : WAC XXXXXX

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In this thread, if you think you want to join me in this fight, just say that
you are with me. I am planning to have the following steps:-

a) Have this petition online on www.immigration.com
b) After everybody signs it, send it to USCIS.
c) Start Email campaign for all Senators and Congressman in California and Director of USCIS.

WE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. WE NEED TO FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS. IF WE DON'T, NOBODY ELSE WILL FIGHT FOR US.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Just a suggestion,

Along with expediting 140 processing, you might (should) also ask for AC21 to be applicable to people whose 140 is pending (if x months pass after applying for 140 it should be ok to swtich jobs), just like we have it for I-485.

Good Luck.

Count me in!

Thanks for the initiative Honeybee. Requesting other participants/users of this forum to join the fight to reduce I-140 backlog reduction.

I've made a few changes to Honeybee's original letter.

The Director,
USA

Subject: I-140 backlogged in CSC

The Director,
USA

Subject: I-140 backlog at CSC

Sir,

As you are probably aware, CSC has a backlog of more than 1 year for I-140 EB2 and EB3 filers. As per the new law for concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485, such cases will be adjudicated concurrently. Since I-485 is taking anywhere between 24-36 months to process, not adjudicating I-140 beforehand will impede candidates from using AC 21 option. If for some reason the candidate loses the job during this period, which in the current economic situation is quite likely, his/her green card processing stops, leaving no option to fallback on AC-21 provisions. This defeats the very purpose of AC-21, which provides relief to candidates in similar situations. The caveat there though is that candidates could change jobs as long as their I-140 petition is approved and I-485 petition is pending for over 180 days.

We, at the immigrationportal community request you to please expedite I-140 processing so that it will give required relief to I-140, I-485 concurrent filers by allowing them to change jobs while waiting for I-485 approval.

Thanking you in anticipation.

With regards,
( Name )
( Signature )
Case No : WAC XXXXXX

I-140 backlog at CSC

I suggest to include EB1 cases as well. I am under that category. And I don't think we should mention 140/485 cocurrent since I don't think the information provided by murthy.com ( couldn't remeber the site name) is reliable

I am with you. I want to join any initiative that speeds up i-140. It is dead right now for eb3 at june-26-03.

i-140 rd :- Dec-22-03
i-485-rd :- May-17-04

honeybee,
I am with you. In fact I see lot of people started this kind of action, but it never goes anywhere. I remember seeing some yahoo group created recently by someone. but no news afterwards. Let's do something concrete this time.
I am in bay area, if we have more people in bay area, we can arrange some kind of meeting, and can arrange meeting with senator's office??
I know that the senator is holding meeting in San Jose on aug 8th, which is sunday. Maybe some of us should represent our case there. unfortunately, I am going on vacation this weekend, so won't be able to attend.

140 RD - 8/8/03
485 RD - 12/17/03
EB2

What Happens with Non concurrent havine I-140 Only

If CSC will not adjaculate I-140 till I-485 processing is complete. So what happens for those who have filed only I-140 recently. Any Idea on this? Or is it going to be endless wait..What happens for EB3 Non Concurrent?

anand36,

I am going to modify the petition so that it will cover both I-140 filers as well as I-140 and I-485 concurrent filing.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Thanks, honeybee.

Are you going to include EB1 140 filers as well?

honeybee said:
anand36,

I am going to modify the petition so that it will cover both I-140 filers as well as I-140 and I-485 concurrent filing.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Honeybee,

Thanks for your initiative. I live in the bay area. I am stuck myself having been denied I140 (ND May 03) and now awaiting appeal which I am told will take up to 1 yr with very remote chance of success.

Please count me in and let us know how we can use our group strength and assert pressure to our congressman/CIS. I have written to Senator Feinstein but reply was very disappointing..... "saying my reciept date is still way ahead of current adjudicating date...blah...blah...blah.."

Count me in too. You can realize how frustrating this is because my ND is right on the EB2 JIT date that refuses to budge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with you

Please make our plight known to them to understand the agony we are facing in this long wait of GC......

> Petition for I-140 Backlog for CSC. Please join

How about other service centers ?
If I-140 processing delay is not only at the CSC but also at VSC, TSC, and NSC,
the petiton letter had better cover all service centers because your petition would get more signatures and endorsements.
Then, each one may go to one's own service center or one's Congressperson with the whole list of signatures.