PERM Tracker - Chicago

PERM Process

My company does not want to spend money on going through a lawyer as it is a very small firm. They want me to pay for the expenses if we need to go through a lawyer. So, to help them out, I need to know the process of filing for PERM in Texas. I need details right from getting the PWD right to filing the application.

Congrats gc12gc,

My Perm was also filed on the same date.
Guys, has anyone seen/noticed a trend of approvals regarding the filing date? Do they approve a number of cases that are filed on the same date or is it totally random?

And, how much time can you wait before filing for I-140 after your labor has been approved?

Thanks

gc12gc said:
My PERM was filed on March 27th 2006

and

APPROVED on April 12th 2006 :)

congratulations!
did you just ask your attorney to check it, or he actually found out himself?

gc12gc said:
My PERM was filed on March 27th 2006

and

APPROVED on April 12th 2006 :)

pigger said:
congratulations!
did you just ask your attorney to check it, or he actually found out himself?

Thanks !!!

My Attorney is so good... I requested him to check very frequently ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Look on Rajiv's website - he has a pretty good explanation about the PERM process. Also read the 8 FAQs from DOL - they help clarify issues.
frostrated said:
My company does not want to spend money on going through a lawyer as it is a very small firm. They want me to pay for the expenses if we need to go through a lawyer. So, to help them out, I need to know the process of filing for PERM in Texas. I need details right from getting the PWD right to filing the application.

Please update the spreadsheet

Hello,

Finally got the datails from my attorney.

PD:4/10/2006
Category: EB2 (MS+2) (BSc + MCA from India equi to US MS with 2 years exp)
Job Title: Database Administrator

Many thanks

When Do you plan to file I-140

gc12gc said:
Thanks !!!

My Attorney is so good... I requested him to check very frequently ...

Congrats and all the best..

When do you plan to file you I-140 and can we file 485 too at the same time ?

ImmigUser said:
Congrats and all the best..

When do you plan to file you I-140 and can we file 485 too at the same time ?

I am waiting for LAbor Hard Copy from DOL to file I 140..

I think , if priority date is not current one can't file for I 485.
I am Indian !!

Labor certified
PD March 2nd, 2006
Certified Date April 14th, 2006
43 days
Category EB2 (Software Engg, Bachelor's + 5 years)
State TX

Guys,
Do you have any idea how long it takes now to get the prevailing wage determination? My attorney says it takes 2 months. Is this true? Can the advertisement phase be started before getting the prevailing wage.

Thanks,
abu2003

applied 04/11/06
approved 04/20/06.
under EB2.
I work for a large technology company in California, am not sure if this would have gone to Atlanta or Chicago

Thanks

Congrats mshmsh,

mine was also filed on 04/11/06 from california under EB2. I also work for a large technology company :)

Although, I haven't heard anything from from lawyer's office yet.

mshmsh said:
applied 04/11/06
approved 04/20/06.
under EB2.
I work for a large technology company in California, am not sure if this would have gone to Atlanta or Chicago

Thanks
:)

Please help me with my problem

I have an EB3 labor of PD 2/21/05 with dallas backlog center. Now i am promoted to a senior level. But my Job qualification remains the same ie: 4 year Bachelor degree + 4 yrs experience. My lawyer says that my experience can be easily changed to 5+ years as my job qualifies for that experience. But My HR is refusing to do so as it will reduce their hiring capability. As i belong to Rest of the world , i can file for EB2 perm if my HR is willing to increase my work experience by 1 year. IS there any way i could convice my HR to start the EB2 perm process ? is there anyone who had my situation and got it resolved???

Thanks
Gcgal

chanduv23 said:
any ideas if PERM applications filed under eb2 category thrown into eb3 at the i 140 stage

It happens if Box H-14 of PERM application says "Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable."

See attached I-140 denial notice that tells the petitioner to downgrade EB2 to EB3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor approved

My labor got approved which was for EB2 category.

Is there a 45 day rull which says that the I140 has to be filled within 45 days after Labor is approved?

Thanks and good luck to all waiting for labors.