PERM Tracker - Chicago

some still in process.
36587+23305+1950<80272
36587+23305+24960+1950>80272

gc12gc said:
DOL Report of Status of PERM and Backlog Applications Processing as of 03/17/2006

DOL has reported the following statistics to the AILA:
PERM:
Total Received: 80,272
Certified: 36,587
Denied: 23,305
Audit: 24,960
Withdrawn: 1,950

So, Who who filed before 03/17/2006 should in this category ...

So why we are in Still in Process :confused:

Are Employer 's / Attorney 's are not telling TRUE, about our applications ???

OR DOL report should be wrong :mad:

How can one qualify for EB2 for Computer Systems Analyst Level III? My attorney says its not possible for me to qualify for EB2. He says CSA is in Job Zone 4 and thus it has to be EB3 even though I have MS degree. Can you please help me out...

loma said:
Got the good news from my lawyer. My PERM LC has been certified.

PERM EB2
MS +0
Job Title: Computer Systems Analyst Level III
Applied: 02/23/2006
In Process: 02/24/2006
Certified: 04/06/2006

Waiting for the hard Copy certificate yet. Hoping for a faster end to retrogression.

Thanks
Amol

spaul123 said:
How can one qualify for EB2 for Computer Systems Analyst Level III? My attorney says its not possible for me to qualify for EB2. He says CSA is in Job Zone 4 and thus it has to be EB3 even though I have MS degree. Can you please help me out...

If you set the min. job requirement as MS+0, you will qualify for EB2.

MS+0 = 4 yrs of SVP (Level 7) which is still "normal" according to O*NET for job zone 4.

Good luck!

Thank you mvinays

Thank you for your response. Does it mean that irrespective what position one chooses, if one has a MS degree+0 yrs experience, one can qualify for EB2 even though it is in Job Zone 4?

mvinays said:
If you set the min. job requirement as MS+0, you will qualify for EB2.

MS+0 = 4 yrs of SVP (Level 7) which is still "normal" according to O*NET for job zone 4.

Good luck!

spaul,
To qualify for EB2 at the I-140 stage (processed by USCIS), job should require a min. of either MS+0 OR BS+5. In you case, simply go with MS+0 and don't worry abou BS+5. MS+0 will get you through EB2 at I-140 stage.

Qualifying for EB2 has nothing to do with job zone 4. One qualifies for EB2 at I-140 stage and job zone issue does not arise at that stage.

Job zone is assigned by O*NET for a given occpuation (Example: Computer Systems Analyst). It is used at the PERM Labor Certification stage by the DOL to determine whether the job's minimum requirements as set by your employer are "normal". (Question H-12 on ETA 9089 form asks: Are these job requiremnts "normal"? If "yes", business necessity letter is not requied. If "no", then your employer must be ready with a business necessity letter justifying the min. job requirements that are not normal (as per O*NET and DOL)).

Last edited by a moderator:
does anybody know if DOL will send email to the attorney when the case is certified or denied, or the attorney can only get the info by checking the status online?
thank you.

pigger said:
does anybody know if DOL will send email to the attorney when the case is certified or denied, or the attorney can only get the info by checking the status online?
thank you.

I have the same question. Can anybody kindly answer? Thanks!

DOL sends a letter by mail to the attorney informaing about the denial and the reason behind it.
When the case is certified, DOL sends the certificate to the attroney and a copy of the cover letter to the HR contact

but it seems the attorney will know it before the paperwork comes. Do you think they are notified by emails or they just find out online themselves?

creative10 said:
DOL sends a letter by mail to the attorney informaing about the denial and the reason behind it.
When the case is certified, DOL sends the certificate to the attroney and a copy of the cover letter to the HR contact

PERM approved

My PERM got approved:

EB3, California, System Analyst, BS + 2

Dated filed: February 27, 2006
Date approved: April 6, 2006
Attorney received the hard copy: April 10, 2006

Perm Approval

My PERM got approved:

EB2, Washington, CS Manager, MS + 1

Dated filed: March 9, 2006
Date approved: April 10, 2006
Waiting for hard copy.

They just find out themselves. In my case I infirmed my attorney when it was approved
pigger said:
but it seems the attorney will know it before the paperwork comes. Do you think they are notified by emails or they just find out online themselves?

How does one find the status of a PERM Application? I see so many people posting here that their status is in Processing or Review.

PERM Letter not received.

creative10 said:

Creative10,

My Perm online status said "Certified" on March 20th. Within the next week HR received the Cover letter but I checked with my Lawyer today and he has still NOT received the formal Certified Letter.
It's been over 20 days now that my case got certified and I am worried about the Letter now.
Can you tell me if this is normal and how long should I wait?
What can be done if my Lawyer still doesn't receive the letter in next one week?
I would also like to know, if there's a Law that says, "One needs to apply for I-140 within 45 days of Labor approval or else they will have to re apply for Labor". I know something like this was about to become a law in April but am not sure if this law is put into practise or not.

Thanks for all your contributon to the form.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my case, I just asked my attorney. They have the account number and can check online, I think.

end_the_wait said:
How does one find the status of a PERM Application? I see so many people posting here that their status is in Processing or Review.

DOL guarantees the delivery of te Certified letter within 15 business days. So you need to wait for 15 business days. Post that you should file for the I140 even if you have not received the certificate following the 8th PERM FAQ guidelines posted by DOL recently. Per these guidelines you can file for I140 without getting the approved labor certitifacte. But please take a printout of the screenshot showing your status as certified cuz that will need to be attached to the I140 app. When USCIS gets this, they just contact DOL directly for the labor certificate.
rainbow0929 said:
Creative10,

My Perm online status said "Certified" on March 20th. Within the next week HR received the Cover letter but I checked with my Lawyer today and he has still NOT received the formal Certified Letter.
It's been over 20 days now that my case got certified and I am worried about the Letter now.
Can you tell me if this is normal and how long should I wait?
What can be done if my Lawyer still doesn't receive the letter in next one week?
I would also like to know, if there's a Law that says, "One needs to apply for I-140 within 45 days of Labor approval or else they will have to re apply for Labor". I know something like this was about to become a law in April but am not sure if this law is put into practise or not.

Thanks for all your contributon to the form.

pigger said:
In my case, I just asked my attorney. They have the account number and can check online, I think.

Thanks pigger. My company's attorney acts as if he is doing me a big favor if he even picks my call. I am not sure whether he will be willing to do this for me.

I don't like my company's attorney either.
I usually email or call the paralegal who is taking care of my case. She's nice. :)
Did you contact the attorney directly or the paralegal?

end_the_wait said:
Thanks pigger. My company's attorney acts as if he is doing me a big favor if he even picks my call. I am not sure whether he will be willing to do this for me.

Time to File PERM once all Docs in place

Hello Gurus,

I am a New comer in this immigration world.

Around 3.5 months back my company started for my PERM and now they claim to have all the documents ready and sent out to the attorney.

My question is: typically how long does it take for an attorney to take it from there and file the actual PERM application?

As I have company sponsored GC I dont have any control on either the company or the attorney.

Any help is greatly appreciated.