PERM Tracker - Chicago

PERM approved

I have been a silent observer of this forum from few months. I have good news. My PERM is approved today. It still shows on the website that it is "Inprocess" but my lawfirm received the hardcopy of LC.

PERM Applied -- 7/29/2005
In process -- Sameday
Approved -- 10/27/2005
Approved fom -- Chicago
RIR still pending in Dallas BEC with no 45 day letter.

PERM Approved

Got my labor approved yesterday. It was applied on 10th August. (Chicago Center) The lawyer called to tell me this. How I wish this was approved 30 days earlier !

I talked to my lawyer and he said that even if we apply and get the I-140 approved, I won't be able to change company since I cannot file my I-485. Do any one of you know if the rules have changed regarded the portability of labor. I know that you can port it if your 140 is approved and 485 due for more than 6 months.

Another scenario I am considering is to apply for 140 now and if I get a pre-approved labor later on I will apply for the 140 / 485 again ! Is this ok to do ??

All the GURUS, I appreciate your help!

Congrats,

the portability rules haven't changed (yet). There's a proposal in the senate but it will take a while to get through (if at all). File I-140 and once that is approved you can retain its PD for later cases if you switch.

MarkOrelius said:
Got my labor approved yesterday. It was applied on 10th August. (Chicago Center) The lawyer called to tell me this. How I wish this was approved 30 days earlier !

I talked to my lawyer and he said that even if we apply and get the I-140 approved, I won't be able to change company since I cannot file my I-485. Do any one of you know if the rules have changed regarded the portability of labor. I know that you can port it if your 140 is approved and 485 due for more than 6 months.

Another scenario I am considering is to apply for 140 now and if I get a pre-approved labor later on I will apply for the 140 / 485 again ! Is this ok to do ??

All the GURUS, I appreciate your help!

How to use 140 portability ?

I am confused as to how I can use the I-140 approval for my future portability ?? I thought 485 has to be applied for the portability to happen right ??

It has nothing to do with portability. All you do is secure a priority date (PD) so that you can use it for a later application.

When (and of) new legislation is approved you then might be able to file I-485 along with I-140 even if your category is retrogressed. However this is not law yet and might take a while (spring next year?)

MarkOrelius said:
I am confused as to how I can use the I-140 approval for my future portability ?? I thought 485 has to be applied for the portability to happen right ??

Add my Case: Filed Oct. 26 2005

Software Engineer,
EB2:
MS + 1 year
CA

New petition, first time, no pending case.

Can we track the case status with Case number only?

I don't have a sub account for my case, is it possible to track case status by using case number only?

Thanks for any reply.

PERMforGC said:
What does that mean by
AR ---AUDIT REVIEW OR APPLICATION RECEIVED (Not Sure)
FR ---FINAL REVIEW
IP ---IN PROCESS
in your tracking excel sheet? Thanks for instructions.

Filed on 7/5, still no news

My PERM was filed on 7/5. Still In Process.
Almost same case for someone else in the same company was submitted in September and approved yesterday.
I think my lawyer emailed DOL at the beginning of October, no response. I am asking them to email again although I don't think it helps.
Is there anything that can help? Can my HR do anything?

Thanks!

congras!
mine is inprocess since 7/5. Did your lawyer or HR sent anything to DOL after 60 days? Thanks!

GentleGC said:
I have been a silent observer of this forum from few months. I have good news. My PERM is approved today. It still shows on the website that it is "Inprocess" but my lawfirm received the hardcopy of LC.

PERM Applied -- 7/29/2005
In process -- Sameday
Approved -- 10/27/2005
Approved fom -- Chicago
RIR still pending in Dallas BEC with no 45 day letter.

The current law says that once you have your LC and 140 is approved and if you choose to change job, the new company should still apply for your LC and 140 again but you can retain your old case's PD which is like saving years of wait. In case your company usffers with layoffs or downfall this law will come handy.

MarkOrelius said:

Hello everyone,

Finally my LC is certified. My attorney's asst sent an email today saying that they received the certification in mail today and the date on the letter is 26th October. Applied on June14th for Technical Lead position with MS + 2 years. EB3 from BEC withdrawn and one Eb2 without 45day letter.

I can't say I am happy, but atleast I don't have to go through this LC stage again, thats good news to me.

Thanks to everyone, this forum has been my friend in worrying times. I think all May June filers will be hearing in the next couple of weeks maximum. I think just Chicago DOL wanted to make sure that they don't approve until dates retrogress back.

Lets hope for both the houses to approve the judiciary approved bills soon enough and presidents signs.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey knowDOL it's good to hear that congrats...yes I believe they weren't too eager to certify all the backlogged cases before Oct 1st, but now looks they're willing to elimininate it...

Hopefully by end of November they should be done...

My friend received too

Hi,
One of my friend from a different company got his labor approved today.
EB3 chicago - Software engineer. He applied last week of May.

abu