Please update

filed : Aug 8, 2005 - EB2, In process since day 1,
Online certified : Jan 20, 2006
hard copy received : Jan 31, 2006
Position: System Software Engineer

Just a small step....

Good luck to all those who are waiting.

Status within PERM Process

Can some one clarify steps/stauts within PERM process. Ex Inprocess,Audit.
as well as is it that if you are application is inprocess it means audit and other steps are complete and will not go in audit stage.

After you submit, it should go to "In Process" immediately. From there it can go to either of the following states:
Audit Review
Certified
Denied

If it goies into Audit Review, once you send the necessary response, it can go to Certified or Denied. Hope that helps.

filed perm add

Filed on: 02/02/06
Replied Sponsorship:waiting
Category: EB2
------------------------------------------
pd:05/17/03
state: ohio
category:eb3
rd:06/09/04
45 days letter:no

Does anybody have similiar experience as my case?

My Perm was filed in May and it went to audit review right away, then in July, it went to denied, later lawyer called and they fixed the time problem, it went to in process until now. In Dec, lawyer got audit letter for proving business necessity for master degree plus 4 years experience as senior Electronics Engineer. After the needed docs submitted, nothing happens until now, so, waiting and waiting.

On ETA 9089, item H.12 was checked to Yes, which means, the job opportunity's requirement is normal for the occupation, since my lawyer proves that 4years plus master degree did not exceed job zone 5/4 threshold...

So, does anybody have the same experience? did you see anything wrong here? any suggestions?

Thanks,
nning

creative10 said:
After you submit, it should go to "In Process" immediately. From there it can go to either of the following states:
Audit Review
Certified
Denied

If it goies into Audit Review, once you send the necessary response, it can go to Certified or Denied. Hope that helps.

is my case the longest one which finally got certified?

My feeling is really complicated, do not know how to say.
The case was filed on May 21st 2005, experienced from sponsorship to audit review to denied to inprocess to certified, which is just happening today, Feb 2nd, 2006.

I checked the status online today and the status was changed to "Certified" hope it is not system mistake.

Do not even know how long it takes, you know, it is just a painful experience. I wish everybody will get your PERM done quicker, at least smoother than mine.

Thanks,
nning

nning said:
My Perm was filed in May and it went to audit review right away, then in July, it went to denied, later lawyer called and they fixed the time problem, it went to in process until now. In Dec, lawyer got audit letter for proving business necessity for master degree plus 4 years experience as senior Electronics Engineer. After the needed docs submitted, nothing happens until now, so, waiting and waiting.

On ETA 9089, item H.12 was checked to Yes, which means, the job opportunity's requirement is normal for the occupation, since my lawyer proves that 4years plus master degree did not exceed job zone 5/4 threshold...

So, does anybody have the same experience? did you see anything wrong here? any suggestions?

Thanks,
nning

Certified Finally

I got my PERM certified today.
Applied on Sep 12, 2005
InProcess since then
Certified Feb 2, 2006
State: Missouri
Wish you guys good luck.
Can someone provide the link of I-140 and 485 forum please?

Another certification

Hi, I (or rather my company) finally received the certification letter:
Applied: Sep 30
Certified: Jan 19
EB3
(Chicago)

Need some info

Hi All,

My PERM case was applied on 01/23 through EB2 (MS+6 years) as Senior Software Engineer from Kansas.

Can any one tell me how to check the status online? Do I have to gothrough my employer?

My labor was applied through the old RIR process 4 years back by my previous employer. But as nothing was going on, so, I quit the company but I am still working on the same project as external contractor and have same responsibilities. I moved to the new company thinking that I will get atleast yes/no answer for the labor through PERM in couple of months. And I was also told by a lawyer that I could port the Jan 2002 priority date from my old labor to the new labor. But when the actual process started it seems the law changed and I could not do it anymore. Do you think that the rule is changed? Can I still use my old priority date?

Thanks
Nit

Wasn't PERM supposed to be processed in 21days ? How is the 3,4,5,6 month delay explained.

Still no update on my PERM. It has been "IN PROCESS" since the first day.

=ShyGuyCalif

Last edited by a moderator:
Filed on Sept 30, still pending

Hi, there,
My company filed my case on Sept 30 to Chicago Center, and it's still pending. I have asked the laywer to make a inqury to AILA, but no responce whatsoever. What can I do? Please add me in the tracking page.

Rush

Looks like the mindset at DOL stays unchanged even with an automated system.
What amazes me is the lack of accountability.
Anyways, let our hopes stay alive...better late than never.

plz update

Filed on: 02/02/06
Replied Sponsorship:02/03/06
Category: EB2
B.E.+7 years progressive exp.
job title:programmer Analyst

EB2 Certified

Dear Forum Members,

I applied in EB2 perm on Sep-01-2005 (PD), and it got certified on Feb-03-2005 it took for me 5 months to get certified.

PD: Sep-01-2005
Certified: Feb-03-2006
State: Chicago

Note: I have an approved EB3 labor (PD: Sep-03-2003) and was certified on Oct-21-2005

Can anybody suggest me which LABOR (EB2 or EB3) to be used to file for I-140.

My attorney suggested me to go for EB2 which though is recent becoz, he says that might move fast in GC approval

E-mail me: Ravi_4343@yahoo.com
Cell: 917-670-2021

Idols of Resilience

I agree. All we can do is hope.

I think we all have become Idols of Resilience, due to endless wait of many many years for our green cards. We have kind of put everything including our family lives, stability at stake in foreign land the hope of getting the GC.

Ironically, this is fate of so called "High Demand High Tech Worker".

=ShyGuyCalif

creative10 said:
Looks like the mindset at DOL stays unchanged even with an automated system.
What amazes me is the lack of accountability.
Anyways, let our hopes stay alive...better late than never.

How to check online status

Hi,

How can I check the status of my Labor application? I have received the case number from my employer.

Thanks
Nit

RaviLothumalla said:
Dear Forum Members,

I applied in EB2 perm on Sep-01-2005 (PD), and it got certified on Feb-03-2005 it took for me 5 months to get certified.

PD: Sep-01-2005
Certified: Feb-03-2006
State: Chicago

Note: I have an approved EB3 labor (PD: Sep-03-2003) and was certified on Oct-21-2005

Can anybody suggest me which LABOR (EB2 or EB3) to be used to file for I-140.

My attorney suggested me to go for EB2 which though is recent becoz, he says that might move fast in GC approval

E-mail me: Ravi_4343@yahoo.com
Cell: 917-670-2021

Ask your lawyer to file 140 now using old labor EB3. Once it gets approved, ask your lawyer to file another 140 using the new labor (PERM) and request the service center to grant you the old PD since your 140 is already approved. This way, you can retain your old PD and still can be eligible for EB2. This is just my personal opinion and I can be wrong whether this is doable or not. Ask your lawyer whenther this can be done.

Better be careful.

abcd123_123_3 said:
Ask your lawyer to file 140 now using old labor EB3. Once it gets approved, ask your lawyer to file another 140 using the new labor (PERM) and request the service center to grant you the old PD since your 140 is already approved. This way, you can retain your old PD and still can be eligible for EB2. This is just my personal opinion and I can be wrong whether this is doable or not. Ask your lawyer whenther this can be done.

If you submit both I-140 applications from both approved LCs, USCIS might inform DOL for duplicate LCs. This is a gray area. DOL may or may not revoke your approved LCs. Better be careful!