PERM is unjust, let write letter to congressman, President.

congressional

I heard that to our action approved by congress, you need to get support by one congressman, then you hire a lobbiest to present your proposal to congress. Most of all, you need to have a very presuasive congressional proposal detailing how to improve BEC.

luckylucky

I heard from my friend's lawyer that only 20% of people applying for PERM may be approved at the first time. So, 20%*80,000(I guess that is the maximum # of foreign people who are hired each year)=16,000 per year. Rest of people will get stuck at PERM for additional documents for who knows for how long (I don't think 45-60 days apply on the rejected or delayed cases)or get rejected. So, it means that about 16,000 people from PERM will apply for I140/I485. COmparing to the 300,000 in BEC, it is a very small #. SO, it may not cause a hugh delay in I140/I485 for RIR cases.
Does anybody have the same opnion?

proposal?

Hi, everyone,
I am new here and I am just a rookie in the immigration case.
But I think if you don't let your voice heard, nobody is going to care about you.
So, I would like to proprose several points and to see if anybody can modify it.
Here is the suggestion that we may give them:
1. Double the workers or contractors in BEC and try to get everybody the LC within one year. This is a fair request comparing to PERM.
2. If anybody get stucked in BEC for more than 1 year, then 6 year H visa policy doesn't apply on him/her any more. Even changing employers in the future won't affect his GC application.
3. Give people with RIR and stucked in BEC all the priority when applying I140 and I485 in terms of shortening the waiting period to 45-60 days each.
I think that it is impossible to ask them to close PERM and transfer back to regional. But they can think of giving people like us some beneficial policy that can adjust the unfair situation that we are facing now.

what we are trying to do here is unjust

I think, we all here are wasting our valuable time. PERM is not unjust. It is a very very important step towards the way the labor process works. From now onwards, people who hope to get a labor, need not to suffer like us.

And top of that, now people will apply through PERM, hence their application will not become additional load to out application process. And due to visa retrogression, even though, they get their labor, will not be able to apply I485, hence will not get GC. So this is ‘kind of a quick acceleration and then stop in red light’. This light only becomes green when drivers from behind crosses you and reach the finish line.

And for other country, for whom no retrogression problem, if new applicants get GC, it is not hurting the old applicants anyway. Let’s everybody’s dream comes true.

I think, what we are trying to do here is unjust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok

If you said that PERM is just to the new ones who apply through PERM, then how about give people who applied for RIR the same justice. Most of people waited for 2-3 years till now for their LC. They are expecting to wait for 1- 2 years to get it. SO do you think it is fair to us to wait for 5 years for our LC comparing to those who can get it for 60 days through PERM? I think speeding up BEC processing is the key. If they can transfer some tempo. and well experience workers from those SWA and DOL (State and regional offices)to BEC and work on the cases, that will help.

s_chicago said:
And for other country, for whom no retrogression problem, if new applicants get GC, it is not hurting the old applicants anyway. Let’s everybody’s dream comes true.

Funny isnt it, many of us waiting close to 5 years, somehow surviving with series of layoffs, outsourcing, mergers and...............we are doing unjust if we're trying to raise our concern that consider us first as we ware in line before PERM's.

You must be country with no retrogression :(

No offense...but

Sir,

Kindly think of all the people who have been living as if it was their last day here in US everyday ....considering the dicey job situation. Who is going to give them justice? Pres Bush was so kind enough to give illegal aliens some buffer to get them temp visa. If he did so I appluad him and feel happy for those who will benefit from that....what about us? Although I have been waiting since 2 years there are people who are waiting for 5 years like me. All these years they and myself have been loyally paying taxes, granted it is a must to do so. We should also expect something back, when their law says follow some immigration laws, we are following our part, they should follow their part.

How can you say it is not justice? You could be from a non-retrogression country, Soon enough everybody could face retrogression..anyway it is strange that somebody from an immigration forum has an opinion not to voice their concern.

Are you working under cover to undermine our efforts to raise a voice? :)
Either way we are going to do something about it...Good Luck with your case.

:rolleyes:

s_chicago said:
I think, we all here are wasting our valuable time. PERM is not unjust. It is a very very important step towards the way the labor process works. From now onwards, people who hope to get a labor, need not to suffer like us.

And top of that, now people will apply through PERM, hence their application will not become additional load to out application process. And due to visa retrogression, even though, they get their labor, will not be able to apply I485, hence will not get GC. So this is ‘kind of a quick acceleration and then stop in red light’. This light only becomes green when drivers from behind crosses you and reach the finish line.

Guys, I am sorry if I hurt all of your feelings.
I applied my first labor from my previous company from NJ in June 2002 and then at the end of Dec 2003, I got laid off. I got a job and had to reapply from a new company from Iowa in April 2004. What I am saying here is that I am also in the same boat of pain as you all are. But think, if other labour applications keep coming where ours are sitting idle for years, will only delay our processing.

Isn't it better offloading those from ours?

And top of that they are not getting finally GC before us anyway. Then, how this is unjust?

I only can see it might be unjust to people of those country who has a long awaited pending labour like us and not affected with visa retrogression. There is a chance that someone may get GC quickly by applying PERM before them. And when they get his GC, by that time his country's visa retrogress.

But the probability of the above scenario is very less as the number of total visa reserved per country (other than India/China/Mexico and Vietnam) is more that enough not to get retrogress in very near future. So, PERM is not hurting them as well.

I feel all of your’s pain from the bottom of my heart. Please don’t take it personal.

rest_2004_free said:
Sir,

Kindly think of all the people who have been living as if it was their last day here in US everyday ....considering the dicey job situation. Who is going to give them justice? Pres Bush was so kind enough to give illegal aliens some buffer to get them temp visa. If he did so I appluad him and feel happy for those who will benefit from that....what about us? Although I have been waiting since 2 years there are people who are waiting for 5 years like me. All these years they and myself have been loyally paying taxes, granted it is a must to do so. We should also expect something back, when their law says follow some immigration laws, we are following our part, they should follow their part.

How can you say it is not justice? You could be from a non-retrogression country, Soon enough everybody could face retrogression..anyway it is strange that somebody from an immigration forum has an opinion not to voice their concern.

Are you working under cover to undermine our efforts to raise a voice? :)
Either way we are going to do something about it...Good Luck with your case.

:rolleyes:

Action is better than talking.

Before a legal action, which need time and money,
we can send a letter, e-mail, fax to President, Senator, other powerful person and media individully.

Let's stand up and let everyone know how DOL is dereliction of duty.

No one know our pain, no any supervision, this is why DOL has been ignoring our feeling all the time.

If they receive 30K letter, 3K may be enough, to talking about the same issue ...

I had send a letter to Secretary of DOL, please do it now just 37 cents!

Wboyi said:
Action is better than talking.

Before a legal action, which need time and money,
we can send a letter, e-mail, fax to President, Senator, other powerful person and media individully.

Let's stand up and let everyone know how DOL is dereliction of duty.

No one know our pain, no any supervision, this is why DOL has been ignoring our feeling all the time.

If they receive 30K letter, 3K may be enough, to talking about the same issue ...

I had send a letter to Secretary of DOL, please do it now just 37 cents!

I also send a letter to president with sign of 23 people (21 from my office, 2 I got in Indian store), I am going to send same copy to other people, all it took a envelpe and .37 cent stemp.

Guyz, please copy the wboyi letter, change wherever you like, start asking people who want to sign, and deliver it, it may work.

RahulatDC said:
I also send a letter to president with sign of 23 people (21 from my office, 2 I got in Indian store), I am going to send same copy to other people, all it took a envelpe and .37 cent stemp.

Guyz, please copy the wboyi letter, change wherever you like, start asking people who want to sign, and deliver it, it may work.

Can somebody please repost the letter and the name and addresses to send it to. We can modify it accordingly. This way, it will make it really easy for everybody to send their own letters. Imagine, everybody on this forum sending one, that should make an impact.

Hi rahulatDC,wboyi and others..
fantastic work is carried out here! I totally agree that PERM is unjust for guys like u waiting for more than 2-3 yrs. I have been through all this crap. It's even more frustrating in this changing economy and retrogression taking place in USCIS.
I would suggest that few users should try to get together and contact nearest congresswoman/senator's office personally, that definitely helps. It helped me in my FBI name check crap.
Also there are many immigrants unaware of this site, so try to advertise about your effort. like putting a link on www.sulekha.com or other immigration related sites would help to get noticed as well.

Keep it up and don't lose hope.

for those folks working at BEC,

for those folks working at BEC, I think they are on a fixed salary. SO, of course, the slower they work, the longer they keep their job. And, as a consequence, the government will spend more time to pay them. If I were them, I would process one case a day, then I can keep my job forever. That is why they don't want to move faster. That is why they want to have excuse like this or that not to let public know how they are doing. Because, I guess, they are afraid of losing their jobs. That is why we have to mention this to congress: The slower they process, the more money will be spent on them.

When they proposed BEC and PERM to congress

I guess they must have promised to clear all the case within 2 years and that is why they told public. Now, there are no signs of delivering what they promised to do.... I think it is a good time to talk to somebody in Congress. Who can collect some information about congressmen or senater who is pro-immigration?

Not just that....

You know I have thought about that....but it is contracted to a company...the company might do that kind of stuff as well as the contractors...Then they also have to think that if they do not accomplish atleast some of their tasks/targets, money will not be given to them for extending the contract beyond 2 years....and then again it is govt funding they can be very careless...however they will think twice before thinking about delaying stuff....

I definitely feel they will be much better than actual DOL people.

luckylucky said:
for those folks working at BEC, I think they are on a fixed salary. SO, of course, the slower they work, the longer they keep their job. And, as a consequence, the government will spend more time to pay them. If I were them, I would process one case a day, then I can keep my job forever. That is why they don't want to move faster. That is why they want to have excuse like this or that not to let public know how they are doing. Because, I guess, they are afraid of losing their jobs. That is why we have to mention this to congress: The slower they process, the more money will be spent on them.

rest_2004_free said:
You know I have thought about that....but it is contracted to a company...the company might do that kind of stuff as well as the contractors...Then they also have to think that if they do not accomplish atleast some of their tasks/targets, money will not be given to them for extending the contract beyond 2 years....and then again it is govt funding they can be very careless...however they will think twice before thinking about delaying stuff....

I definitely feel they will be much better than actual DOL people.
If that is the case, then it makes me feel much better now. :p
Thank you for clarifying the situation

How can you say they are not working?

These are excerpts of Director, USCIS
<Quote>
In any typical work day, our workforce of 15,000 (one-third of whom are contractors) will:
Conduct 140,000 national security background checks.
Receive 100,000 hits to our Internet website (www.uscis.gov).
Answer phone inquiries from 80,000 callers at four National Customer Service Centers.
Process 30,000 applications for an immigration benefit.
Answer in-person inquiries from 25,000 visitors to information counters at 92 local offices.
Issue 7,000 green cards.
Capture 8,000 sets of fingerprints at 130 Application Support Centers.
Welcome 3,000 new citizens.
Welcome 3,000 new permanent residents.
Welcome nearly 200 refugees from around the world.
Help American parents adopt nearly 80 foreign-born orphans.
Process the naturalization application of 50 individuals serving in the U.S. military.
Grant asylum to 80 individuals already in the United States.

In our second year of operations, we have successfully reduced the backlog to 1.5 million cases (down from a high of 3.8 million cases in January 2004). </Quote>

God knows what are the break up of 2.3 milion they settled.

They are issuing 7000 GC/year. Looks like it is so low compared to 65,000 H1B they are doing now a days, 200,000 H1B last 3 years.

Complaining about BEC

I still feel at macro level, an average American Or the country is open.. and willing to accept new immigrants (thinking that they're bringing some of the brightest - who knows that they're getting a lot of others ;) in the process

Not that I'm saying what BEC is doing right at this moment..but we need to have more 'facts' than assumptions to build a right case - hope some bright ones are working on that...

luckylucky - please don't try your luck in getting a permanent job at any BEC/Immigration - can imagine the fate of us/our grand children - just kiddin :)

luckylucky said:

Last edited by a moderator:
AM4GC said:
How can you say they are not working?

These are excerpts of Director, USCIS
<Quote>
In any typical work day, our workforce of 15,000 (one-third of whom are contractors) will:
Conduct 140,000 national security background checks.
Receive 100,000 hits to our Internet website (www.uscis.gov).
Answer phone inquiries from 80,000 callers at four National Customer Service Centers.
Process 30,000 applications for an immigration benefit.
Answer in-person inquiries from 25,000 visitors to information counters at 92 local offices.
Issue 7,000 green cards.
Capture 8,000 sets of fingerprints at 130 Application Support Centers.
Welcome 3,000 new citizens.
Welcome 3,000 new permanent residents.
Welcome nearly 200 refugees from around the world.
Help American parents adopt nearly 80 foreign-born orphans.
Process the naturalization application of 50 individuals serving in the U.S. military.
Grant asylum to 80 individuals already in the United States.

In our second year of operations, we have successfully reduced the backlog to 1.5 million cases (down from a high of 3.8 million cases in January 2004). </Quote>

God knows what are the break up of 2.3 milion they settled.

They are issuing 7000 GC/year. Looks like it is so low compared to 65,000 H1B they are doing now a days, 200,000 H1B last 3 years.
If they are issuing 7000 GC/year, should I wait for 40 years for my GC? Imaging that there is 30,000 H1 now