PERM is unjust, let write letter to congressman, President.

Great Job

Great Job

What does his response mean is he going to take some action ? I really like this idea of catching the politicians attention. DOL is cheating all of us by this BEC nonsense, this is an advanced nation, we should not manually enter case information.

I would like to help out in any possible way. I am not that good in writing but can be supportive in other ways.

Great job guys keep up the spirit. US is all about lobbying.

:rolleyes:

BackLogGC said:
I sent this mail yeatseday and the mail was read by some one at 4:30AM EST and I got this response at 8:30EST.

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process and recommending solutions to these problems to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS").

xxxxx

Forgive my inocense...

Who is Mr. Khatri? He seems to be very important in the Govt....That is great if he can take strict measures...only if this atrocity is stopped...

:(

Jharkhandi said:
Although I am done with my LC, I would still like to help you people as I do feel the pain and uncertainity which everyone is undergoing here. Mobilize folks here and try to talk to Rajiv on the issue thru conference call. He will give best advice looking from all sides.

Meanwhile try to find out the possibility of writing to Prakash Khatri on your apprehensions.

I am putting hyperlinks to very nicely written letters to Prakash Khatri. (I know most of you are techies and would have real hard time in drafting such letter).

http://www.nationofimmigrators.com/linkedFiles/041215FirstLettertoUSCISOmbudsman.pdf

http://www.nationofimmigrators.com/linkedFiles/041215SecondLettertoUSCISOmbudsman.pdf

http://www.nationofimmigrators.com/linkedFiles/041215ThirdLettertoUSCISOmbudsman.pdf

You people can pick-up relevant portions to draft your letter, which may sound official(very important for attention). Not that Prakash Khatri can do much about PERM, but he can surely help in pushing backlog elimination and ensuring that 'by mistake' new cases do not get benefits of filing 485 before you people are done.

Lets talk of an action plan and next steps ? we can have Rajiv Khanna draft something in support..we can all contribute towards the expenses...

Lets start getting signatures, then a few people can make a conf call to Rajiv...

Send me a PVT msg and I will send my number or you send me yours, we HAVE to do something...and as someone mentioned above..US is ALL about LOBBYING...its TRUE!!!...we just have to do something about this mess....we can't bear it no more...

Guys came together with similar objective earlier but go nowhere.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=160354

Good Luck and best wishes.

mohan_raghukul said:
Lets talk of an action plan and next steps ? we can have Rajiv Khanna draft something in support..we can all contribute towards the expenses...

Lets start getting signatures, then a few people can make a conf call to Rajiv...

Send me a PVT msg and I will send my number or you send me yours, we HAVE to do something...and as someone mentioned above..US is ALL about LOBBYING...its TRUE!!!...we just have to do something about this mess....we can't bear it no more...

The problem is not PREM itself

The problem is not PREM itself. It is that we should get the same treatment as PREM. It is the Backlog Elimination Center is creating new backlog.

So I would like to send letters to all of Senators and Representatives, Secretary of DOL, President to tell them how the Backlog Elimination Center is wasting money and time.
To ask to process our case as PREM immediately, to finish current case before moving to PREM.
I will try to send a letter to Secretary of DOL tomorrow.

Wboi,

Good idea, but a better idea would be to send a letter with atleast 400-500 signatures...individual people will not cause as much an impact as a collective effort. Lets collaborate...guys....lets come together and try it...

Backlog of the backlog reduction center

Hi, everybody,

I like the the idea of sending letter. But I don't think it will do any good in the near future. My filed from my LC back in November 2003 and at that time I was looking about 8-9 months waiting time now I don't know how long it will take probably another 24-30 months. To get a quick attention I like the idea to have Mr. Rajiv do somthing like I-485. I would really appreciate if somebody take time to contact him. :p

- Thanks

Some thoughts

I took the time to read this thread today. I have a few thoughts/comments for you as you try to pursue this "cause".

1) Letters

Sending letters separately, especially if they are different is pretty much useless. I would strongly encourage all of you to stop sending letters until ONE is drafted and agreed to.

Once you agree on the letter then proceed. Since all of you signing the letter before sending it may be difficult to accomplish (everyone being everywhere and not even knowing our real names) you should coordinate and send the same letter on the same day.

2) Objective

What are you trying to accomplish? Stop PERM or improve the performance of the BECs? Figure this one out before you proceed.

Comment: Stopping PERM seems like an impossible task. At least one that would take a long time. Remember stopping PERM would either require reinstating RIR/Traditional LCs or no filing of LCs until a future date. Realistically speaking who thinks either one of these will ever happen?

Comment: Improving performance of BEC is probably a more realistic goal. Personally I wouldn't mind spending time on this effort.

3) Alternatives

Complaining is easy. Offer alternatives. Solutions.

This is especially important since the REAL "customer" of the Department of Labor is not you but the employer and last time I checked they weren't sending any letters to complain.

4) Facts

Include facts. Include relevant facts.

a) The fact that you pay taxes is not a relevant fact. You don't get kudos for paying taxes, it's your responsibility.

b) The longer people wait to get LC and green card the greater potential for abuse of the system by employers, e.g. paying lower wages, taking advantage of employees is a relevant fact.

c) Dependents can not work is a relevant fact especially if you word it as something that slows down integration of new immigrant families into the "melting pot".

d) You have waited for 2-3 years. Is this a relevant fact? Well, compared to how long it takes to get a family green card, 2-3 years suddenly doesn't seem that bad. (Before anyone starts yelling at me, look at my signature, I've waiting as long or more than most)

Good luck.

JustWatching

just a thought

after drafting the letter we can set up centers in like 10 or 15 places thoughtout the usa and people closeby can drive up and sign it.for a center in atlanta can get signs from the carolinas ,gerogia, tenneessee,alabama.In this way we can obtain hundreds of signatures.A 3 or 4 hour drive is worth the 3 or 4 years wait.

Big plan usually never convert into any action so goes to nowhere. Just let take action at individual label and plan for big like this one. something is better than nothing. Good Luck.

JustWatching said:
I took the time to read this thread today. I have a few thoughts/comments for you as you try to pursue this "cause".

1) Letters

Sending letters separately, especially if they are different is pretty much useless. I would strongly encourage all of you to stop sending letters until ONE is drafted and agreed to.

makes sense

Just watching makes some sense,
one other point I would like to add is that they should provide a better tracking system, or should i say some kind of tracking/status system. Wondering about ur case in a blackhole is more painful, guessing and wondering what will happen next. If we know that it will take 5 years. 6 yrs or even 10 years and have status on our application, we can plan for it, (i mean to save some money and go back to india, or whatever is "swades hai tera"). This uncertanity and guessing game is what is killing most of us.
How about collecting some money and doing something with it, if everyone gives $10-$100 we can get some attention, 300K cases, X 100 == a few million $s. Would president listen to us or not then? we could just buy out USCIS or whatever their name is and outsource all the work to India.
BTW I am may 2001,CA, remanded and screwed again and again. i beat ya all,
;-)
Days go by, and I don't care anymore.

Whatever you folks plan - let me know - pm me once you are ready with final strategy. Also I would say - do not waste time.

JustWatching has done a good job here and I would add something more - create a draft letter at this point and question that you would like Rajiv to address. Normally he accepts such invitations and that is why it is more important that you do your homework - so that you can utilize your and his time. I am not sure how much his each minute costs! But if you are get it free - make full use of it.

P.S. If you get him in conference - pm me - I always like to hear him.

Writing to Top/govt may backfire?

Wondering does this initiative back-fire? Wasn’t sure the govt/politians wanted to drag the process as lot of opposition these days?

Does anybody have feeling that they intentionally slowed down the process..

Or is this normal (delay) in case of new process being introduced and they genuinely created the BECs to process and streamline

I couldn't settle on any side - Guys any thoughts on this?

RahulatDC said:
I am hearing a lot about PERM starting from 03/28/2005, as its going to approve labor within 40 days, Its gonna retrogress EB2 as happened to EB3 category couple of month ago.

It's frustrating for me like all of you guyz, I am waiting since last 31/2 years and still I don't see any approval in coming weeks, it'll be another long wait as EB2 is going to retrogress by PERM faster approvals, I think this will be injustice to all the peoples waiting since couple of years and PERM will approve labor within 40days,

If you guyz agree, can we write letters signed by all of us and send it to congressman, President.

it might work, or let me now if you have better suggestion then this.

I agree that getting more people involved to send a letter is better than doing it separately. However I don’t think that individual will be totally useless, at least it better than nothing before sending a letter with multi-signature.

Actually today I send a letter to Secretary of DOL, Elaine L. Chao. Since her e-mail address is not available, I have to send it by mail.
If you go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ , you may find e-mail address of President, Vice-president and … . The e-mail address of President is president@whitehouse.gov

I believe if we, in the same boat of DOL Backlog Elimination Center, should stand up and help ourselves.

Following is what I send:

03/18/2005

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210

Dear Secretary Chao,

First at all, thank you very much to read this letter. I take this
opportunity to congratulate you on your 2nd term as Secretary of US
Department of Labor.

I am writing to you because I am looking for your help to pay attention to
my situation. That is my Alien Employment Certification which is pending to
the DOL (San Francisco DOL regional office) more than 2 years.

The current progress in San Francisco DOL regional office is very very slow; they started process the application received by March 2003 since last December, now they are
still stay in March 2003. There are a lot of cases was backlogged.
According to this pace, some of applicant may retire before their case is
processed.

Actually there are thousands of applicants like me are undergoing the same
pain, the pain of waiting continue day and day, week and week, month and
month, year and year, some of us have been waiting 4-5 years. I am one of
them. No one tell us how long we have to wait.

Recently I got to know the DOL started 2 Backlog Elimination Center to
handle all the backlogged case. I saw a ray of light at that time.
However 6 months passed, it made me disappointed again. I can’t believe it.
Backlog Elimination Center didn’t speed up the processing at all and create
more backlogs. How many cases they processed so far: Zero. To my
understanding, two more unnecessary procedures were created and cause new
delay. (Blue words are my comments)
(1) Take several months to transfer or input case data manually from
regional office (It is said what Backlog Elimination Center are doing now.
Does it mean the cases are not input in the DOL computer system at all when
the cases stay in the regional office, or nothing happened to those case
during several years, what are they doing?)
(2) Take another several months to send and receive so-called 45-day letter
to verify whether the applicant want to continue their application or not
(It is said that only no more than 0.75% case was withdrawn so far,
therefore this procedure may be eliminated, on the other hand, if the case
was handled timely, this procedure is absolutely not necessary at all)

The most important is when Backlog Elimination Center start to process case?
Backlog is still backlog if no any processing at all.

Furthermore, I have another big concern. It is said that DOL will start a
new program, PREM (Permanent Labor certification Program), to process Alien
Employment Certification and it will make a decision in 60 days once the
application is received. If it were true, that would be a supreme irony for
us, already waiting Alien Employment Certification for several years. Should
we give up current application and turn to PREM? Suppose the average waiting
time is 3 years for each applicant, 300,000 applicants mean we waste 900,000
years. I don¡¯t think it is a fair. Some of us in the same boat will appeal
to Senate, House and President for this issue, 60 days vs several years.

What I request here are
(1) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing to make a
clear definition about current application and PREM, we should have the same
treatment as PREM. Finish current federal labor cases before moving to PERM
or move the backlogged cases to PREM
(2) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing Backlog
Elimination start process case immediately
(3) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing Backlog
Elimination to make a clear process timetable and set up a track system to
let every applicant know the case status

I believe this request is not only for myself also for thousands of
applicants.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

IllinoisGC said:
Wondering does this initiative back-fire? Wasn’t sure the govt/politians wanted to drag the process as lot of opposition these days?

Does anybody have feeling that they intentionally slowed down the process..

Or is this normal (delay) in case of new process being introduced and they genuinely created the BECs to process and streamline

I couldn't settle on any side - Guys any thoughts on this?
Do not worry about that. Check Rajiv's petition on 485 - think from angle of people who were representing rest in class suit. No one was harmed. If you still have apprehension - check Kashmir's effort in writing to various people including Prakash Khatri. Lots of people participated in his effort. I have participated in one such effort. See you have to overcome your fears. You can't live in fear all your life.

Do not just feel bad, do something about it. More emails/mails/fax will surely make difference.

sent letter to secretary of DOL

I sent the same letter to Secretary Chao today, I print your letter, signed it and sent it, It only take me 30 minutes and 37 cents.
Thank you Wboyi.
WE

Wboyi wrote:

Actually today I send a letter to Secretary of DOL, Elaine L. Chao. Since her e-mail address is not available, I have to send it by mail.
If you go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ , you may find e-mail address of President, Vice-president and … . The e-mail address of President is president@whitehouse.gov

I believe if we, in the same boat of DOL Backlog Elimination Center, should stand up and help ourselves.

Following is what I send:

03/18/2005

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210

Dear Secretary Chao,

First at all, thank you very much to read this letter. I take this
opportunity to congratulate you on your 2nd term as Secretary of US
Department of Labor.

I am writing to you because I am looking for your help to pay attention to
my situation. That is my Alien Employment Certification which is pending to
the DOL (San Francisco DOL regional office) more than 2 years.

The current progress in San Francisco DOL regional office is very very slow; they started process the application received by March 2003 since last December, now they are
still stay in March 2003. There are a lot of cases was backlogged.
According to this pace, some of applicant may retire before their case is
processed.

Actually there are thousands of applicants like me are undergoing the same
pain, the pain of waiting continue day and day, week and week, month and
month, year and year, some of us have been waiting 4-5 years. I am one of
them. No one tell us how long we have to wait.

Recently I got to know the DOL started 2 Backlog Elimination Center to
handle all the backlogged case. I saw a ray of light at that time.
However 6 months passed, it made me disappointed again. I can’t believe it.
Backlog Elimination Center didn’t speed up the processing at all and create
more backlogs. How many cases they processed so far: Zero. To my
understanding, two more unnecessary procedures were created and cause new
delay. (Blue words are my comments)
(1) Take several months to transfer or input case data manually from
regional office (It is said what Backlog Elimination Center are doing now.
Does it mean the cases are not input in the DOL computer system at all when
the cases stay in the regional office, or nothing happened to those case
during several years, what are they doing?)
(2) Take another several months to send and receive so-called 45-day letter
to verify whether the applicant want to continue their application or not
(It is said that only no more than 0.75% case was withdrawn so far,
therefore this procedure may be eliminated, on the other hand, if the case
was handled timely, this procedure is absolutely not necessary at all)

The most important is when Backlog Elimination Center start to process case?
Backlog is still backlog if no any processing at all.

Furthermore, I have another big concern. It is said that DOL will start a
new program, PREM (Permanent Labor certification Program), to process Alien
Employment Certification and it will make a decision in 60 days once the
application is received. If it were true, that would be a supreme irony for
us, already waiting Alien Employment Certification for several years. Should
we give up current application and turn to PREM? Suppose the average waiting
time is 3 years for each applicant, 300,000 applicants mean we waste 900,000
years. I don¡¯t think it is a fair. Some of us in the same boat will appeal
to Senate, House and President for this issue, 60 days vs several years.

What I request here are
(1) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing to make a
clear definition about current application and PREM, we should have the same
treatment as PREM. Finish current federal labor cases before moving to PERM
or move the backlogged cases to PREM
(2) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing Backlog
Elimination start process case immediately
(3) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing Backlog
Elimination to make a clear process timetable and set up a track system to
let every applicant know the case status

I believe this request is not only for myself also for thousands of
applicants.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Thanks for letter Wboyi,

As someone mentioned in this thread if you make this process (signing and sending letter) too grand its not going anywhere, so I'll be printing this letter, collecting the signature, address, email addresses of around 21 people in my office (suffering from same dilemma) and sending it off to president, dol chief and congressman

let me know if anyone around Gaithersburg, MD wants to be sign the letter.

Guyz, please start printing the letter, add if you want to add anthing, communicate via fax, mail or email.

Can someone provide fax, mail and email addresses of president, congressman and labor chief, thanks

Last edited by a moderator: