PERM Filing - Audit/Review Status

Looks like almost all applications who got immediate denials in June are in Final Review now after the 24th re-run. As of today, it looks like my case also seems to be in Final Review. Lets see, what is the next wave?

Service Center

I think service center has also to do with the processing and I believe Chicago is very slow compared to Atlanta. :confused:

PERM application re-run

Hi all,

My PERM application which was filed on June 3 was denied soon after filing (possibly due to the system glitches). I have been reading on this forum that after correcting the issues with the software, the DOL is rerunning all applications that were denied. I have also read that this rerun has happened or started happening post June 24. Is there a way to know when a specific case was rerun and what is the new outcome if any? Does the system show a new entry alongside the previous attempt to indicate that the previous case is now being rerun? Has the rerun been completed for all affected cases? I was told by my lawyer that the rerun will continue into the first week of July and the DOL will then send out letters in the second week of July notifying those cases where a rejection/ denial happened for the second time (after the rerun) and provide the reasons for the same.

Has anyone seen any progress (change in status from denied to sponsorship/ audit review/ final review/ certified) for applications that were initially filed on or around June 3 at the Chicago NPC?

I will appreciate knowing if anyone has any information or updates to share.

Thanks and best wishes to everyone.

Audit Review to Final Review to ??

All of us whose status has changed to Final Review from Audit Review after June 24th re-run are still in limbo.
There are no reported Approvals in this catagory, besides there might be cases who are reaching 45-60 days DOL assured decision time (esp those filed in May). I think Final Review and Audit are the two stages where a human intervention is required.
Just wondering since such a large number of cases are in Final Review is that leading to the delays ?
Anyone has any updates from Attroney or any other sources ? Also, with large number of approvals from Dallas BEC is EB2 retrogression imminent ? Any clues on what date EB-2 will retrogress to ?

Approvals today

My attorney said he received a lot of approvals today. Mine is still final review.

Any idea how much is the average time for certified.

Hi,

Is anyone in a similar situation? Will really appreciate hearing from someone who is in this position.

Thank you very much.

Prats said:
Hi all,

My PERM application which was filed on June 3 was denied soon after filing (possibly due to the system glitches). I have been reading on this forum that after correcting the issues with the software, the DOL is rerunning all applications that were denied. I have also read that this rerun has happened or started happening post June 24. Is there a way to know when a specific case was rerun and what is the new outcome if any? Does the system show a new entry alongside the previous attempt to indicate that the previous case is now being rerun? Has the rerun been completed for all affected cases? I was told by my lawyer that the rerun will continue into the first week of July and the DOL will then send out letters in the second week of July notifying those cases where a rejection/ denial happened for the second time (after the rerun) and provide the reasons for the same.

Has anyone seen any progress (change in status from denied to sponsorship/ audit review/ final review/ certified) for applications that were initially filed on or around June 3 at the Chicago NPC?

I will appreciate knowing if anyone has any information or updates to share.

Thanks and best wishes to everyone.

Hi All,

I had filed my EB2/PERM on 06/28/05. The status: Sponsorship. What happens next. Do they send out an email confirming sponsorship from my employer?

Thx.

To GC_Reform

Hi, My case was changed to sponsorship last night after my lawyer contacted with DOL, the problem is, as i was told by my lawyer is one lawyer received the denial notice from DOL for the exactly same thing I have. There is still system glitch, state job order can not run only for 30 days, so, in this decision matrix system, they just kick this situation out, but which is wrong. I doubt what kind of IT guy working for DOL?

the better thing is did not need to refile like this, did not need to lose my priority date in May, but the case will be delayed, which is for sure, still did not know how long this is going to take from sponsorship to final.

it is really ridiculous, since the case has been passing sponsorship to audit review for almost 1 month, then got denied by system glitch. the 06/24 rerun is not god saving fix at all.

nning

GC_Reform said:
All of us whose status has changed to Final Review from Audit Review after June 24th re-run are still in limbo.
There are no reported Approvals in this catagory, besides there might be cases who are reaching 45-60 days DOL assured decision time (esp those filed in May). I think Final Review and Audit are the two stages where a human intervention is required.
Just wondering since such a large number of cases are in Final Review is that leading to the delays ?
Anyone has any updates from Attroney or any other sources ? Also, with large number of approvals from Dallas BEC is EB2 retrogression imminent ? Any clues on what date EB-2 will retrogress to ?

nning
Can you please elaborate the condition for which DOL is sending denials. Is it when section I is filled with start date and end date at SWA that are more than 30 days apart. Please confirm. What exactly is the glitch and any info on when is it expected to be fixed.

Your wrote : "There is still system glitch, state job order can not run only for 30 days, so, in this decision matrix system, they just kick this situation out, but which is wrong. I doubt what kind of IT guy working for DOL?"

status changed

Mning, I have a similar situation as your. I filed it on 5/21, then the status changed to audit review from Sponsorship after HR answers a few questions. On 6/24 rerun, the status was changed to denied. I checked with HR today, the status is changed to Sponsorship again. HR doesn't get the email or phone yet.

Let's see what's next.

Gregg and NNing,

Sponsorship I guess is better than Denied.

Regarding sponsorship email, apparently DOL is having problems. They also try to reacj employers via phone asking the same 4 Q.

Keep on the phone call as well

Audit Review

Anyone who was ever in Audit Review has any change in status ?
I remember following folks were that situation:

irin:
rajaabhi:
jay2005:
stuck_in_tx:
gc_reform: Still in Final Review

Anyone got Approved or any other status change. Window of EB-2 filling is approaching to a close. Are we stuck again ?

My case is the same as urs, also the 30 days job order problem. Now it changed from denial to sponsorship.

But now my employer hasn't received the email from DOL. :(

nning said:
Hi, My case was changed to sponsorship last night after my lawyer contacted with DOL, the problem is, as i was told by my lawyer is one lawyer received the denial notice from DOL for the exactly same thing I have. There is still system glitch, state job order can not run only for 30 days, so, in this decision matrix system, they just kick this situation out, but which is wrong. I doubt what kind of IT guy working for DOL?

the better thing is did not need to refile like this, did not need to lose my priority date in May, but the case will be delayed, which is for sure, still did not know how long this is going to take from sponsorship to final.

it is really ridiculous, since the case has been passing sponsorship to audit review for almost 1 month, then got denied by system glitch. the 06/24 rerun is not god saving fix at all.

nning

skyliners said:
My case is the same as urs, also the 30 days job order problem. Now it changed from denial to sponsorship.

But now my employer hasn't received the email from DOL. :(
It looks like DOL is rerunning denial case again, my case changed from denied to sponsorship, no email yet. This whole thing is so dramatic, like a big joke.

Issues with Sponsorhip Email.

rajaabhi said:
Gregg and NNing,

Sponsorship I guess is better than Denied.

Regarding sponsorship email, apparently DOL is having problems. They also try to reacj employers via phone asking the same 4 Q.

Keep on the phone call as well

Rajaabhi,

Is this a verified info (that the DOL is having issues with Sponsorship e-mail?). I knida have a feeling that the DOL is just not running the new cases through and is waiting for the system glitches to be fixed before they run it.

smile_sac said:
It looks like DOL is rerunning denial case again, my case changed from denied to sponsorship, no email yet. This whole thing is so dramatic, like a big joke.

I actually filed PERM on April 1, when from Pending > Sponsorship > Audit Review > Denied (June 24) > Sponsorship (July 6). I also got my denial letter yesterday saying that "the job order was not placed... for a period of 30 days." Since my status is now sponsorship, do I just ignore this denial letter?

Seems like a lot of us in the same boat. Any idea why we went from Denied to Sponsorship? Still no sponsorhip email.

UGH.. I can't stand all this drama with PERM! :mad:

GC_Reform said:

GC_refom,
I am in the same boat. Many people also seem to be in the same state. Is DOL waiting till retrogression kicks in? Anybody has any news or clues?

jay2005 said:
GC_refom,
I am in the same boat. Many people also seem to be in the same state. Is DOL waiting till retrogression kicks in? Anybody has any news or clues?
I think DOL hasn't finished all the rerun yet. They are using our cases as quality assurance data for testing.

hi, to all

The problem is the DOL fixed the 30 days job order problem after my lawyer contacted them, so, I am the first one who has been fixed on this glitch. Then, i bet they rerun the denied case again, and then some of you guys survived too. My lawyer told me that the attorneys discussed this issue, you know, my lawyer must have collegues, so, the good thing is one guy even got the denial letter, i mean one lawyer. So, now we do not need to care about this denial anymore, so, the stupid thing is i have got the sponsorship email before, now, they will resend. or maybe they will call employer?

so, this is really a silly situation, I have not got my sponsor email at all, u know, I will give a week, otherwise, I have to trouble my lawyer to contact them again. It is unfair, they have tech glitch, why should we suffer?

grrr70 said:
I actually filed PERM on April 1, when from Pending > Sponsorship > Audit Review > Denied (June 24) > Sponsorship (July 6). I also got my denial letter yesterday saying that "the job order was not placed... for a period of 30 days." Since my status is now sponsorship, do I just ignore this denial letter?

Seems like a lot of us in the same boat. Any idea why we went from Denied to Sponsorship? Still no sponsorhip email.

UGH.. I can't stand all this drama with PERM! :mad:

To Nning

Nning,
Good to see all your hardwork paid off. Its nice that everyone else also get benefitted by your efforts. You really have a good lawyer.
Hope you move to Final Review and Certified soon......and may be on the way help us too by requesting fixes in the buggy system :D
Keep up the fight !!!

GCR