gretzky - Certified on 14th July - ATLANTA
LC_DEC - Certifed on 6th July - ATLANTA
ksivaraja ???
Blinds??
helpwithGC - Certifed on 21st July - ATLANTA

All the above, Please update your filing Date

is there enough time for me?

Hi Folks,

My 6 years on H1 expire on 30th Sept 2006.

I am starting a new job on 1st Aug 2005 ( next month) and my new employer is willing tp file my GC through PERM.

Is there sufficinet time for to file for my GC - before the last 365 days of my H1 start -

Thanks in advance!

gcmail said:
Hi Folks,

My 6 years on H1 expire on 30th Sept 2006.

I am starting a new job on 1st Aug 2005 ( next month) and my new employer is willing tp file my GC through PERM.

Is there sufficinet time for to file for my GC - before the last 365 days of my H1 start -

Thanks in advance!

If you start Advt. (recruitment effort by tomorrow) and file PERM by Sep last week, you are OK.

great guru said:
If you start Advt. (recruitment effort by tomorrow) and file PERM by Sep last week, you are OK.

thanks for replying: I start employment only in August - so I cant do anything till mid-august. Does this mean that I will have to leave the country - even if I apply for my PERM in Sept-Oct'05 and have it approved in 2-3 moths?

PERM2010 said:
My case was in Final review since June 28th, my employer called yesterday that my case was approved. I don't know about the status, since I don't have access.

Hi all. I applied Perm on 7/7/05 and got certified today. happy to answer any question.

gcmail said:
thanks for replying: I start employment only in August - so I cant do anything till mid-august. Does this mean that I will have to leave the country - even if I apply for my PERM in Sept-Oct'05 and have it approved in 2-3 moths?

talk to personal dept of your new company tell your situation / time constrain and ask them to put the advt and bear the cost. (or you do it yourself just by informaing them) Here time is essence.

sudmoni said:
Hi all. I applied Perm on 7/7/05 and got certified today. happy to answer any question.

Would you please share with us which center you got certified from? Atlanta or Chicago? Thanks.

Hi sudmoni

sudmoni said:
congratulation,
I have a few question for you.I am about to start PERM (EB2)under future employment category.How long did you take for advertisement processes before filing? is there any link to see prevailing wage details?thanks in advance.

Perm Eb2

This message is for Sudmoni,

Can u please answer the following:
Did u file in EB2 or EB3??

What is ur job title??
If EB2 was the requirement for BS + 5 or with MS ??

Actually I'm planning for EB2 with Master's in computer science.

Thanks in advance.

Finally

Hi, Guys,

My lawyer has recieved finally certified copy in mail today. Wish all of you get yours soon.

- Thanks

knowDOL said:
PERM2010 - Certified on 1st July, Applied on June 24th - ATLANTA
MainGC - Certified on 14th July - ATLANTA
gc1305 - Certified 13th July - ATLANTA
perm08 - Certified on 6th July - ATLANTA
progress - Certified 10/11 July - ATLANTA
ksivaraja ???
Blinds??

All the above, Please update your filing Date

Congrats Perm08

I will check with my lawyer tomorrow and let the forum know.

Good luck for your finals steps, anyway thanks for informing.

You do not need to be working for the company in order to start advertisements. First thing is to ask them to put an ad with State Workforce Agency. The salary should be mentioned in the ad and should be higher than Prewailing Wage. You or your company attorney can find the approximately from this website based on State and county in which you are going to work.

But, what ever you do, you will be able to file LC but cannot get it approved even if it approved you won't get EAD so you will be out of status after September 30th unless you have a pending labor since September 2004 or before so that you can get 7th year extension. If not, I think it is better to leave the country for one year and come back. Or try Preapproved EB2 labor and file before August 30th (dates are current until AUgust 30th), you may get EAD by september 30th so you can strart working on that.

gcmail said:

knowDOL,

I think you got his dates off by a year - his H1-B is until Sept. 2006 not 2005. So he has more than a year time left. His concern was only about when to file PERM and if that was sufficient for future H-1B extensions. He should not need them unless he gets into some retrogression scenario - and then he'll be fine as soon as I-140 is approved.

knowDOL said:
But, what ever you do, you will be able to file LC but cannot get it approved even if it approved you won't get EAD so you will be out of status after September 30th unless you have a pending labor since September 2004 or before so that you can get 7th year extension. If not, I think it is better to leave the country for one year and come back. Or try Preapproved EB2 labor and file before August 30th (dates are current until AUgust 30th), you may get EAD by september 30th so you can strart working on that.

PERM2010 - Certified on 1st July, Applied on June 24th - ATLANTA - EB2
perm08 - Certified on 6th July - ATLANTA - Hardcopy received on 25th July - EB3
ksivaraja ???
Blinds??

One out of this group, keep updating this information guys as it is usefull for the people coming into this category.

srignram said:
congratulation,
I have a few question for you.I am about to start PERM (EB2)under future employment category.How long did you take for advertisement processes before filing? is there any link to see prevailing wage details?thanks in advance.
My lawyer started the process about 3-4 months back, my lawyer did all these things so I really don't have the exact details about the prevailing wage details.
thanks

gretzky - Certified on 14th July, Applied on 30th June - ATLANTA - Hardcopy received on 25th July - EB2
ksivaraja ???
Blinds??

gretzky - Certified on 14th July, Applied on 30th June - ATLANTA - Hardcopy received on 25th July - EB2
ksivaraja ???
Blinds??
sudmoni - Certified 25th July - Applied 7th July - CHICAGO.

Finally one Chicago approval looks like it took around 18 days. Sumoni can update Final Review Date and if filed for EB2 or EB3.

knowDOL said:
ksivaraja ???
Blinds??
sudmoni - Certified 25th July - Applied 7th July - CHICAGO.

Finally one Chicago approval looks like it took around 18 days. Sumoni can update Final Review Date and if filed for EB2 or EB3.
final review 7/17, certified 7/25. EB2

Urgent Question on the Job Order !!!!!!!

According to the PERM documentation, you have to place a Job order for 30 days, then wait for another 30 days before you can file through PERM. My genius employer didn't put an end date on the Job order when they created it. Now, I found out today that it has been running for 45 days, from June 10, 2005 till today. My question is, can I file for PERM on Aug 11 (which is 30 + 30 days from the date the job order was opened), or can I only file 30 days after the job order has been closed (which will be Aug 26 in my case) ????

Thank you in advance !