PERM - Chicago vs Atlanta

I'm not sure what you mean by "fresh"/ "conversion"... i just filed online, received immediately a short questionnaire, and became "Final Review".
Hope that helps...

royl66 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "fresh"/ "conversion"... i just filed online, received immediately a short questionnaire, and became "Final Review".
Hope that helps...

I apolozise. Fresh meaning the newly filed case. Conversion meaning if you already filed labor before, and went to BEC, that you withdraw and file under PERM.

Fresh application

IndiraGandhi said:
I apolozise. Fresh meaning the newly filed case. Conversion meaning if you already filed labor before, and went to BEC, that you withdraw and file under PERM.

Got ya IndiraGandhi.... my PERM application was fresh. Good Luck !

royl66 said:
Got ya IndiraGandhi.... my PERM application was fresh. Good Luck !

Thanks for the clarification. Few quick questions, if you don't mind....or u can send me PM if you don't like to post here, or just say beat it.....

what state did you file from?

what is your current position?

how many sunday paper ad did you publish?

I believe yours is EB-3 application, do you know if you have few friends whose EB-3 got processed this faster?

sure is....perm rocks!

Thanks for the clarification. Few quick questions, if you don't mind....or u can send me PM if you don't like to post here, or just say beat it.....

what state did you file from?
Oklahoma

what is your current position?
Compliance Officer

how many sunday paper ad did you publish?
I believe yours is EB-3 application, do you know if you have few friends whose EB-3 got processed this faster?
Don't have any friends (that have applied for PERM/LC that is....)

sure is....perm rocks!

From 'Final Review' to 'In Process'

My HR Manager called to inform that my case status had also changed to 'In Process' today.
They were not sure of what it meant but said that they and the attorneys have written to the DOL to provide information on what this status means. I am hoping that they find something that inspires hope for all of us.
If any of you find anything, please post it and let everyone know.

Thanks and good wishes to all.

Chicago, EB2
Filed - 6/3
Denied/Rejected - 6/6
Sponsorship - 7/6
Final Review - 7/8
In Process - 7/28

rajaabhi said:
Guys

I just checked my Status at 11:05 am (ET) the status shows inProcess..

What about you all..
same ...Final Review ---> In Process.
I have verified with my HR, all Final Review moves to new Status "In Process".

There are approvals coming from Chicago with a filling date after 7/15. Is it a problem with our applications that were in AR/denied and then moved to FR after 6/24? Are our cases complex or we just filled at a wrong time before the rerun? Any of you remember any approvals from Chicago in june/early july even for cases who went directly to FR? If I recall no approvals were from Chicago in that period of time no matter which stage the case was in. Than, I think PERM2010 came with the first approval, but from Atlanta. Any of you recall Chicago working and coming with approvals in june?

irinastaicu said:
There are approvals coming from Chicago with a filling date after 7/15. Is it a problem with our applications that were in AR/denied and then moved to FR after 6/24? Are our cases complex or we just filled at a wrong time before the rerun? Any of you remember any approvals from Chicago in june/early july even for cases who went directly to FR? If I recall no approvals were from Chicago in that period of time no matter which stage the case was in. Than, I think PERM2010 came with the first approval, but from Atlanta. Any of you recall Chicago working and coming with approvals in june?

I don't know your cases are bad or this system as GC_Reform says, they designed the PERM system to slow down in every stage and giving some random approval (like VISA lottery) to show that they are doing some thing. Even after approval, there is a lottery scheme to get your hardcopy. People certified after 14th got their copy not me who certified on 1st July.

You simply cannot derive any logic from this desinged system behavior.

I wish you all get your labor approved in the right time.

Here is the message posted by AILA a few days ago. Does not help too much.

Audit Letters

2 reported audit letters giving as the reason for the audit "Your application has indicated you would like to refile and maintain a filing date from a previously submitted Application for Alien Employment Certification (ETA 750)." A copy of the previous ETA 750, "any accepted amendments", proof of receipt by DOL concerning amendments, and, if applicable, acknowledgement of a withdrawal sent by the SWA or DOL were requested.

In addition, a boilerplate letter requested the signed ETA 9089, the recruitment report (resumes were not requested), a copy of the prevailing wage determination, and a copy of the documentation of the advertising and other recruiting. These audit letters also contained standard language requesting "proof of business necessity…if the answer for question H-12 is no, the answer for questions H-13, H-15 or H-17 are yes, or the job duties and/or requirements are beyond those defined for the job by the SOC/O*Net code and Occupational Title provided by the State Workforce Agency." They further requested "documentation…for live-in household domestic workers…if the answer to question H-18 is yes".

3 reported audit letters gave no reason for denial, but simply asked for the signed ETA 9089, the recruitment report (resumes were not requested), a copy of the prevailing wage determination, and a copy of the documentation of the advertising and other recruiting. These audit letters also contained standard language requesting "proof of business necessity…if the answer for question H-12 is no, the answer for questions H-13, H-15 or H-17 are yes, or the job duties and/or requirements are beyond those defined for the job by the SOC/O*Net code and Occupational Title provided by the State Workforce Agency." They further requested "documentation…for live-in household domestic workers…if the answer to question H-18 is yes". It is believed that these were random audits. Two of them were for a well-known employer.

Audit letter requesting business necessity documentation (as well as recruitment documentation) for the Spanish language requirement for an elementary school Spanish teacher.
Approvals

2 reports of special handling cases being approved in 1 day.

2 applications for programmers with either 1 year or no experience required were approved.

6 reports of applications filed in Atlanta shown as approved for 2+ weeks, but no certification received yet.

One report of the client having received the certification rather than the attorney.

One report of an approved application received without the certification stamp.

Application for dentist, no experience required, approved in 3 days.

Application approved for product design engineer, requiring masters in mechanical engineering and 2 years experience. Special skills also required.

Application for chef requiring 2 years experience and special skills filed 6/21, approved 7/8.

Application for accountant, BA plus one year experience, midsized company, filed 7/6, approved 7/14.

Application approved for lighting designer requiring master's degree, no experience and special skills.

Application approved for dental technology manager requiring 4 years of training (including some specialized training) and no experience.

Application approved for chef requiring 2 years experience in job offered.

Application approved for chemical technician requiring bachelor's in chemistry, no experience and special skills.

Application approved for sales engineer requiring master's degree, 4 years experience and special skills.

Application approved for database administrator requiring bachelor's in computer science or computer engineering and 5 years experience in job offered.

Application approved for software developer requiring master's in computer science, no experience and special skills.

Application approved for software engineer requiring master's in computer science, 6 months experience and special skills.

Application approved for software developer requiring master's in computer science, no experience and special skills.

Application on behalf of a copywriter was immediately denied. Attorney noted that the Inc. at the end of the company name had been omitted, and refiled with that filled in. There also was a recruitment step within the past 30 days, which should be accepted under the regulations but which had been a decision logic problem. The second application was subsequently approved, and the first one is in "final review." The attorney would like to withdraw the first one, but so far there is no known process for this.

Filed a PERM on June 21, 2005 and it was certified on July 1, 2005.

Application filed 6/10; approved 6/15 in time to get the I-140/485 filed before the June 30 EB-3 cutoff.

"I have received two approvals. One was approved in two days…One approved about a week after submission."

Two approvals received in about 5 days.

"I filed my very first PERM case online on 6/23/2005. I received the certified application [on] 7/11/05 so processing time was exactly 2 weeks. After I submitted the case online, my client employer received an email from DOL asking them to confirm that the application had been filed for them by their agent. Then DOL followed it up with a telephone call asking the same question, to confirm the filing. No other questions were asked."
Denials

Recent report of 2 denials on basis that beneficiary does not meet minimum requirements, where beneficiary meets the alternative requirements. DOL has been contacted about the problem.

3 reports of screens showing denials where attorney can find no problems. Denial notices not yet received.

Denied where prevailing wage determination pre-dated 3/28.

University's application denied twice. First because the mailing address is not the physical address. After a motion to reopen, it was reset, but denied again for failure to follow the recruitment steps for a professional (it was a special handling application).

6 reported denials of applications mailed in to Chicago, all on the basis that certain blanks on the application were not filled in when, in fact, they had been completed. DOL is looking into the source of the problem.

Filed a PERM, via mail on May 19, 2005 for employer that has no internet access. No receipt or other action received to date.

Mailed-in application rejected because the form did not contain the DOL logo. It did have the OMB approval number and expiration date.

Mailed-in application rejected because the form did not have the OMB approval number and expiration date of 3/31/08.
Pending Cases

3 previously reported erroneous denials, based on one recruitment step for a professional position being within the past 30 days, changed after June 24 to a status indicating they are in process.

3 reports of cases in which the status screen had previously said "audit review" and now say "final review".

4 applications previously denied in error on the basis that the posting had not run for 30 days (when, in fact, it had) changed after June 24 to a status indicating they are in process.

Application filed on March 28, has been in "audit review" ever since.

Applications filed on March 28, 2005, are still in "audit review" while those filed more recently by same attorney were certified within 10 days, according to the status screen. The approved labor certification has not been received yet (it has been approximately 2 weeks).

"My…cases seem to progress to Final Review fairly quickly, and then remain in that status for weeks."

1 previously reported denial (AFTER an audit) of a special handling cases based on failure to do 3 additional forms of advertising (which is not required) has now become a Sponsorship Review.

Special handling case filed 6/14, showed immediately as denied and shortly thereafter changed to sponsorship. Has been in sponsorship for about 30 days, but employer has received no request for verification.

"I have about 10-15…cases in final review and have been there about 3-4 weeks."

Several denied when originally submitted now read audit review...sponsorship…final review.

Several reports of requests, upon employer's attempt to register, for proof of FEIN, proof of the legal name of the company, and evidence of physical location.

Application for graphic designer at small employer submitted 6/18. Language requirement. No alternate education/experience requirements. Went to "denied" after 10 days, then to "sponsorship" after system fix. Has been in that status for 3 weeks now.

Application for cook (no alternate education/experience requirements) went to "denied" after 10 days, then to sponsorship after system fix. Employer failed to respond to the email with the 4 employer questions, but has not received a follow-up phone call.

3 applications on behalf of medical care institutions were initially shown as denied, then went back to sponsorship on 7/8. They are all still pending in that status.

Application filed on 5/17 is still pending. Attorney spoke to analyst in Atlanta, who indicated that it will take another 2 weeks at least because there are a lot of applications pending.

3 applications in final review for more than 60 days.

irinastaicu,

thanks for the post. Looks like CO's are randomly picking some cases and certifying them. They are not going through any order.
Also from that aila posted experiences, I observed, noone with Masters + 2 years for IT fields reported as certified so far. But I remember reading in this forum that there are people with Masters + 2 for IT field as certified.

May be we should list all FR (as of 27th July) cases to indicate if they have H12 No and also if they have one BEC application or RIR yet to make to BEC is pending or not. That might tell something to us about DOL's strategy if there was any.

irinastaicu said:
Here is the ... 3 applications in final review for more than 60 days.

ZlikeZebra

Did you already had filed in RIR or Non-RIR before filing in PERM? If so, DId you receive 45 days letter for that? Was it EB2? Is your current PERM appl is Masters + 2. I also file about same time and same status. So, was curious if previous filing has to do somehting with FR forever status? I have one pending app that is not in BEC yet but we filed new one in PERM (both with Masters + 2) thinking that we will not continue with that app once we receive the 45 day letter.

ZlikeZebra said:
What a ...
In Process July 28th

Perm Eb3

Anybody faced problems filing PERM EB3 S/E please share, I am planning to apply one in that category. I understand there are people sharing a lot about EB2, would somebody be kind enough to share some light on this side as well.

Thanks,
:cool:

Please update if you have applied for LC prviously and if conversion or not. I am keeping FR state as is we did not yet know if InProcess means a different stage or not.

1. Rajaabhi - FR 06/24-Chicago
2. irinastaicu - FR 06/24-Chicago
3. psam123 - FR 06/28-Chicago
4. AnilMI - FR 06/29-Chicago
5. knowDOL - FR 07/01-Filed 6/14-Chicago(No conversion) - one RIR with SWA not yet in BEC
6. Prats - FR 07/08-Chicago
7. titu1972 - FR 07/12-Chicago
8. einmanninus - FR - 07/14-Chicago
9. gsn - FR 06/28-Chicago
10. sd_guy - FR 06/24-Chicago (+4 others in Final Review 6/24)
11. Gc_Reform - FR 06/24 Chicago, Filed 06/10
12. Cabal - FR 06/24 Chicago, Filed 06/6, (Sent Recruit Let 7/18)
13. coolz - FR 6/29 Chicago, Filed : 6/29
14. Jay2005 - FR 06/24; filed on 06/02 -- Chicago
15. nhusson - FR 06/24; filed on 06/15 -- Chicago
16. abu2003 - FR; Filed on 05/24/05 - Chicago
17. deshu77 - FR; Filed on 06/02/05 - Chicago (1 more in Same Situation)
18. Goofy101 - FR 6/24, Filed on 5/23 -Chicago (5/24 - 6/24 Audit Review)
19. Bystander6 - FR 7/22, Filed on 7/22 - Chicago
20. CA_GreenCD - FR 7/27 - Chicago
21. ZlikeZebra - FR 6/24 Filed on 6/16 - Chicago

Please update if you have applied for LC prviously and if conversion or not. I am keeping FR state as is we did not yet know if InProcess means a different stage or not.

2. irinastaicu - FR 06/24-Chicago
5. knowDOL - FR 07/01-Filed 6/14-Chicago(No conversion) - one RIR with SWA not yet in BEC
15. nhusson - FR 06/24; filed on 06/15 -- Chicago (No conversion) - one RIR
(SWA CA sep 2004) - not yet in BEC
21. ZlikeZebra - FR 6/24 Filed on 6/16 - Chicago[/QUOTE]

Having an application in BEC is not the reason for the delay. We have something else in common, ....maybe only bad luck. People with conversion received already in audit letter and they have been in AR not FR. I guess in process means nothing, no new stage, just a way to avoid further inquires. If it was something wrong with our cases, do you think they would be afraid to deny them or send an audit letter? Nobody has looked at them yet, I bet, otherwise we would be denied or certified by now.

2. irinastaicu - FR 06/24-Chicago, filled 6/15, no conversion, RIR at BEC

knowDOL said:
ZlikeZebra

Did you already had filed in RIR or Non-RIR before filing in PERM? If so, DId you receive 45 days letter for that? Was it EB2? Is your current PERM appl is Masters + 2. I also file about same time and same status. So, was curious if previous filing has to do somehting with FR forever status? I have one pending app that is not in BEC yet but we filed new one in PERM (both with Masters + 2) thinking that we will not continue with that app once we receive the 45 day letter.
Hi there

Not sure what the 45 day letter is - however I do have a non-RIR application that has been filed 2/1/2005 and then forwarded to the Backlog Reduction Center (4/22/05). The application was basically just to establish a priority date (as I am H1B in the 8th year and my older LC filings are for a different job).

I think my current PERM job is asking for a Masters+4 (personally I am a MBA+12)

2. irinastaicu - FR 06/24-Chicago, filled 6/15, no conversion, RIR at BEC
11. Gc_Reform - FR 06/24 Chicago, Filed 06/10, Pending RIR at SWA, NO BEC, NO Conversion

All cases "In process"

Upon latest inquiry with the PERM center:

ALL CASES ARE GOING TO SHOW "IN PROCESS" TILL CERTIFIED, AFTER RESPONDING TO SPONSORSHIP QUESTIONS.

No more - AR/FR etc.

Another way for DOL to get away from answering questions. At least that keeps us from having high hopes (which were raised with the FR status).