PERM - Chicago vs Atlanta

jay2005 said:
If I don't get approval by this weekend, I am also planning to give up on PERM.( after spending so much time, money and energy).Good luck to all.

I am in the same club as you guys. Its been over 3 weeks since i sent the letter they asked for. I dont know why they take so long to decide. I am sure that even if it now gets certified, it would not give me enough time to avoid EB2 retrogression in Sept. God only knows how long we will have to wait if EB2 also retrogresses. I have lost all hope and faith in the system, this being my 3rd attempt at getting just the labor cert.

When Canada, Australia, UK can have simple forms which one can fill out without help of attorney and it takes much less time to immigrate to these courntries why can the US not follow. Looks like life is playing a joke, all my classmates who got rejected for US student visa went to study in Australia and are Aus. citizens by now and i am still a nomad even after having spent over 7 yrs. in the US.

:( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Brother

Dont Get So Upset....Things willbe OK ..Nothing we can do against the SYstem..We all the victimized here...So just wai tand see what happens..Previously people used to Wait 2/3/4 yrs for LC....We r Lucky as compared to them ,.,.Right??????????

I am also in the Same Boat..Final Review to IN Process......Let see...

Good Luck to all of US in USA....

cabal said:
I am in the same club as you guys. Its been over 3 weeks since i sent the letter they asked for. I dont know why they take so long to decide. I am sure that even if it now gets certified, it would not give me enough time to avoid EB2 retrogression in Sept. God only knows how long we will have to wait if EB2 also retrogresses. I have lost all hope and faith in the system, this being my 3rd attempt at getting just the labor cert.

When Canada, Australia, UK can have simple forms which one can fill out without help of attorney and it takes much less time to immigrate to these courntries why can the US not follow. Looks like life is playing a joke, all my classmates who got rejected for US student visa went to study in Australia and are Aus. citizens by now and i am still a nomad even after having spent over 7 yrs. in the US.

:( :mad: :mad: :mad:

In-Process to Certified

To relieve my tension and also all other members tension, here a news. Yeterday my company got couple of PERM approvals from CHICAGO center. So, hope we can hear something about our cases too probably by end of next week.

Great news

Can you please give us the timeline of the whole application process...for the ones that were approved...

1. Were they in IT?
2. Were they EB2 or EB3?
3. When were they applied?
4. Were they re-run cases?

Please help us answer these questions if possible.

:D

pavanreddym said:
To relieve my tension and also all other members tension, here a news. Yeterday my company got couple of PERM approvals from CHICAGO center. So, hope we can hear something about our cases too probably by end of next week.

rest_2004_free said:
Can you please give us the timeline of the whole application process...for the ones that were approved...

1. Were they in IT?
Ofcourse they are in IT
2. Were they EB2 or EB3?
2 EB2 and 1 EB3
3. When were they applied?
Applied somewhere in May/June (not sure about dates and will let know once I get more info on this
4. Were they re-run cases?
Not sure about this (99% not re-run cases)

Please help us answer these questions if possible.

:D

Thank you for sharing with us this great news. Can you confirm again if these certifications were for applications filled in may/june? Here was the problem with the old applications never seeing light. Are you sure they are from may/june? It does not matter the rerun issue, since all of them were rerun on 6/24 and 7/29.. Please, write us back ASAP

Regards

irinastaicu said:
Thank you for sharing with us this great news. Can you confirm again if these certifications were for applications filled in may/june? Here was the problem with the old applications never seeing light. Are you sure they are from may/june? It does not matter the rerun issue, since all of them were rerun on 6/24 and 7/29.. Please, write us back ASAP

Regards
These were filed sometime in 2nd week of May. Hope that boosts the confidence level.

To pavanreddym

Can you please let us know the intermediate stages also. (if you have the information)

Sponsorhip -> Final Review
or
Sponsorship->Audit Review->Final Review
or
Denied->Sponsorship->Final Review
or
etc......

pavanreddym said:
These were filed sometime in 2nd week of May. Hope that boosts the confidence level.

GC_Reform said:
Can you please let us know the intermediate stages also. (if you have the information)

Sponsorhip -> Final Review
or
Sponsorship->Audit Review->Final Review
or
Denied->Sponsorship->Final Review
or
etc......

Sorry, no info regarding this and as a matter of fact I do not want to bug my employer about these, coz everyone knows that stage from July 28th was In-Process anyway.

Hi All,
What is the processing time difference between filing form 9089 online and sending form 9089 by mail in Atlanta? Did anybody send the form by mail. Any updates?

Thanks,
GCMan

Certified

Friends,

I have a good news to share..

My application filed on 05/16 has been certified as of today.

This was the first application which got denied rightaway and went to Audit review on June 24 and finally to InProcedd on 07/28. Also against this application I recieved a letter for some documentation..

I wish you all to recieve the same news by this week.

I will keep posted on any development...

Note: this was my very first application.. Not the later one which was filed on 05/20. The later still shows as certified.

Hi rajaabhi,

Congratulations...this is very good news indeed. Hope we see a number of us from the group stuck at Chicago being certified this week.
Does it now seem to be moving in a FIFO order? Pavanreddy indicated that 3 cases filed in the 2nd week of May got Certified on last Friday, yours from May 16 got certified today...so, maybe things are now progressing in FIFO.
Please do let us all know when you receive your certified hard copy in the mail - hope you get it soon and all the best for filing the rest of the steps.

Thanks
Prats

One question: After the hardcopy of certified LC is gotted, Is there any time limitation to submit I-140 and/or I-485? I mean if the submission of I-140 can be 2 months or more later than the reception of LC?

Rajaabhi:
Congratulations !!! What a way to start the week. This is the best news in months. I hope you have smooth ride in the rest of the stages. Let's see whats in store for rest of us stuck in here.
Go Party !!!!

GCR

rajaabhi said:
Friends,

I have a good news to share..

My application filed on 05/16 has been certified as of today.

This was the first application which got denied rightaway and went to Audit review on June 24 and finally to InProcedd on 07/28. Also against this application I recieved a letter for some documentation..

I wish you all to recieve the same news by this week.

I will keep posted on any development...

Note: this was my very first application.. Not the later one which was filed on 05/20. The later still shows as certified.

email

Folks,
When the status changes from "In Process" to "certified" will the lawyer/hr get an automatic email? Or the only way to check is to login every now and then and find out whether it has been certified or not?

I applied on 24th May and still waiting.

abu

Good News: No retrogression for EB2 in Sept 2005

EB2 guys,

There would be no retrogression for EB2 in Sept 2005. Today, Immigration visa bulleting published, go through the following link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_2616.html

Also from Oct 2005 new year for USCIS will start so more visa numbers for everty category. It looks like EB2 will remain current for couple of months at least.

After "In Process" state was introduced, we stopped updating this list. Can you all update your current state. This will help us all

1. Rajaabhi - FR 06/24-Chicago
2. irinastaicu - FR 06/24-Chicago, filled 6/15, no conversion, RIR at BEC
3. psam123 - FR 06/28-Chicago
4. AnilMI - FR 06/29-Chicago
5. knowDOL - FR 07/01-Filed 6/14-Chicago(No conversion) - one RIR with SWA not yet in BEC
6. Prats - FR 07/08-Chicago (filed 6/3, denied 6/6, sponsorship 7/6, final review 7/8, in process 7/28); EB2; No conversion but RIR app also pending at BEC (no word on case entry/ 45 day letter)
7. titu1972 - FR 07/12-Chicago
8. einmanninus - FR - 07/14-Chicago -No paper LC application, will start H1B from Oct. (currently using OPT)
9. gsn - FR 06/28-Chicago
10. sd_guy - FR 06/24-Chicago (+4 others in Final Review 6/24)
11. Gc_Reform - FR 06/24 Chicago, Filed 06/10, Pending RIR at SWA, NO BEC, NO Conversion
12. Cabal - FR 06/24 Chicago, Filed 06/6, (Sent Recruit Let 7/18)
13. coolz - FR 6/29 Chicago, Filed : 6/29
14. Jay2005 - FR 06/24; Filed : 06/02 - Chicago (One RIR in BEC, no conversion )
15. nhusson - FR 06/24; filed on 06/15 -- Chicago (No conversion) - one RIR
(SWA CA sep 2004) - not yet in BEC
16. abu2003 - FR; Filed on 05/24/05 - Chicago
17. deshu77 - FR; Filed on 06/02/05 - Chicago (1 more in Same Situation)
18. Goofy101 - FR 6/24, Filed on 5/23 -Chicago (5/24 - 6/24 Audit Review)
19. Bystander6 - FR 7/22, Filed on 7/22 - Chicago
20. CA_GreenCD - FR 7/27 - Chicago
21. ZlikeZebra - FR 6/24 Filed on 6/16 - Chicago
22. nning---Sp 07/06 Filed on May 21st,Audit review to 06/24,denied to july06, sponsorship from 07/06, in process from 07/28---chicago
23. Zoid - IP 7/28, Filed 7/1 - Snail Chicago