PERM - Chicago vs Atlanta

Can't check by myself. The employer refused to create a sub-account for me :mad: I will ask my lawyer to check it next Monday.

rajaabhi said:
Guys

I just checked my Status at 11:05 am (ET) the status shows inProcess..

What about you all..

Change of Status

I believe DOL has changed its display for status. My status also changed from Final Review to In Progress. I think they were getting too much heat about putting people on Final Review for a long time.

This does however prove the earlier post was correct. They did have something planned for the 28th. Hopefully now we will see some actual status change!

AP

which center?

HI, would you please share which center you filed in?

Feb04 said:
I believe DOL has changed its display for status. My status also changed from Final Review to In Progress. I think they were getting too much heat about putting people on Final Review for a long time.

This does however prove the earlier post was correct. They did have something planned for the 28th. Hopefully now we will see some actual status change!

AP

Final Review to In Process

I called my Attorney's office, and they said that all the cases with their office, with previous status of Audit Review and Final Review has been changed to "In Process".

Does anyone has any idea, what they are cooking ???
Is this a new Status introduce to tell us that you still not there yet, and your case is In Process ??

Mine was in Final Review since Jun 24
EB-3/Chicago.

Hoping for some miracle :confused:

Anybody have any idea of in-process status

Hi
Did anybody have any idea on in-process status. Today morning my HR Manager called me and told me my status has been moved from Final Review to In-Process. Anybody have any clue...

My Filed Date : 07/12/2005
Sponsorship Email received : 07/12/2005.
Final Review: 07/12/2005
In-process : 07/30/2005
Category : EB2
Education: MS + 4 YR

Hi Parts,
No luck from my side, help desk doesn't do/know much..Today morning I came to know it went to In Progress state ...

Will keep updated if something happens

Good luck

Prats said:
Going by the silence on this thread, it seems that no one has heard or seen any updates to their cases in Final Review at Chicago - correct?
After I called the Chicago PERM Center on July 21, I have also not heard back from them. It seemed from some posts that an update could be expected on July 28. I will wait until then and am planning to write an email to them if there is no news after that.
Have any of your HR managers or attorneys contacted the Chicago PERM Center and found anything? In my case, they are hesitating to contact them. So, I may just have to write to them myself.

Are any of you in EB2 - and likely to be affected if there is a retrogression in September? I know that I am and therefore getting really impatient.
Can anyone think of anything else that we can do in the meantime?
If there are a number of us in that situation, can someone from Rajiv's office please provide any update if they have some information? Or will someone from Rajiv's office be so kind as to call the Chicago PERM center on our behalf and let us know if there is any useful information on why all cases are held up?
It seems that Atlanta has been moving along all the time and have also started sending out the hard copies now - but there is no update at all on Chicago.

sd_guy27 - did your company (hr or attorney) do something to help out?

Please write with any ideas or suggestions that anyone can think of.
Thanks and good wishes.

Can anybody from Atlanta check and see if this new great stage apply to both centers or is unique to Chicago? I do not think this is a computer rerun, but somebody from Atlnta can solve the mistery and tell us if they remained in Final R or changed into "in process".

In Process - Atlanta

Final Review from June 24th at Atlanta
In Process ---- July 28th .

irinastaicu said:
Can anybody from Atlanta check and see if this new great stage apply to both centers or is unique to Chicago? I do not think this is a computer rerun, but somebody from Atlnta can solve the mistery and tell us if they remained in Final R or changed into "in process".

Previlaged to join the unlucky Chicago group of:
Forever in some weird status, keep guessing, forever limbo, waiting for retrogression, clueless, victims of stupid DoL processes, perm beta testers, sour experience in immigration and completely out of luck

Applied Audit Review Final Review In Process ???? ????
June 10 June 13 June 24 July 28

Next Stages could be:
In Audit Process
In Final Process
In Backlog Process
In Backlog Final Process
In Final Final Process.......... :)

by then Ads will expire and they will send Denial so that we can't refile.
or
If retrogression hits before that they will send an approval.

Its no longer an agony, its fun now, to see experience how bad a system could be.

:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :( :mad:

I wish somebody share that perm coding and standards to me. I would work day and night to get it right or gather people and do it right voluntarily.

knowDoL,
Coding standards are very simple: (for both DoL and BCIS)

1. Make sure that only a fraction of people should get the green card. Decsions logic should be based on rolling of the dice or simply the mood of the person looking at it.

2. System should have delays in every stage so that only the most determined willing to give up everything for green card could eventually get it. (For ex: Subsititution by paying money)

3. Put filters at every stage (Retrogression, Quotas, EB catagory)

4. Should have provisions to get people as and when needed and should have provisions to get rid of them as and when needed. (6 year limit and allot unused quota to other catagory)

5. Should NEVER reward any one who plays by the rule. Suck the money whenever possible. (SSN and Medicare taxes in temporary visas)

When they gave the visa they made it clear that its a six year dual intent visa.In the end one should have no complaint with it. Its their system and they can design it to cater their need. Right now they need nurses and unskilled labors. They will do any thing to get them including special quota and new immigration reform bills. In late 90's they needed skilled workers and they did everything to get them. Too bad we missed the boat then and we will miss the boat now.

Here are some testimonies in Mc-Cain/Kennedy Immigration Refrom bill.
All testimonies only emphasize on need of nurses and unskilled labor and ease immigration for them. May be we should all get the clue and understand that its not PERM or DoL or BCIS but the system in general that doesn have any need for skilled workers.

http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=4544
http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=4545
http://judiciary.senate.gov/member_statement.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=3985
http://judiciary.senate.gov/member_statement.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=85
http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=4546

GCR

knowDOL said:
:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :( :mad:

I wish somebody share that perm coding and standards to me. I would work day and night to get it right or gather people and do it right voluntarily.

In Process

I am also in 'in process'
Filed 6/28, Final Review 6/28-7/27
In Process from 7/28 to ....?

Applied 6/6, denied 6/xx, Sponsorship6/24,Final review6/24, Audit letter(recruitment letter)asked7/9, letter sent7/18,Final review6/27, In Progress6/28.

Looks like there is no logic in what the DOL is doing, is there no legal way to challenge this harrasment. But then this admin. is just paying lipservice when they talk about reforming the immigration process. I was reading an article on how none of the immigration officials turned out for the recent senate subcomittee hearing on immigration reform.

The whole process is messed up. First they say as a F1 you have to demonstrate clear evidence of return to home counrty while applying for F1 visa, and then they come out with add. quota for US graduates saying that they are important part of the us workforce. They have made millions of people like me criminals and ethically weak. Just frustrated with the whole thing

In Process - Chicago

What an honour to join the illustrous "In Process Group".

My lawyer things that DOL got too much heat for requesting more documents in the Final Review Stage and therefore creates this "In Process" = We are close to final stage but still want to keep you in limbo and retain the opportunity to delay things by asking for more documents. :eek:

Filed June 16th EB2
Denied
Final Review June 24th
In Process July 28th

I Agree with you GC_Reform,

Maybe PERM is a well designed Software system. It is designed to have bugs to slow everyone down! :)

GC_Reform said:
knowDoL,
Coding standards are very simple: (for both DoL and BCIS)

1. Make sure that only a fraction of people should get the green card. Decsions logic should be based on rolling of the dice or simply the mood of the person looking at it.

2. System should have delays in every stage so that only the most determined willing to give up everything for green card could eventually get it. (For ex: Subsititution by paying money)

3. Put filters at every stage (Retrogression, Quotas, EB catagory)

4. Should have provisions to get people as and when needed and should have provisions to get rid of them as and when needed. (6 year limit and allot unused quota to other catagory)

5. Should NEVER reward any one who plays by the rule. Suck the money whenever possible. (SSN and Medicare taxes in temporary visas)

When they gave the visa they made it clear that its a six year dual intent visa.In the end one should have no complaint with it. Its their system and they can design it to cater their need. Right now they need nurses and unskilled labors. They will do any thing to get them including special quota and new immigration reform bills. In late 90's they needed skilled workers and they did everything to get them. Too bad we missed the boat then and we will miss the boat now.

Here are some testimonies in Mc-Cain/Kennedy Immigration Refrom bill.
All testimonies only emphasize on need of nurses and unskilled labor and ease immigration for them. May be we should all get the clue and understand that its not PERM or DoL or BCIS but the system in general that doesn have any need for skilled workers.

http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=4544
http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=4545
http://judiciary.senate.gov/member_statement.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=3985
http://judiciary.senate.gov/member_statement.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=85
http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=1588&wit_id=4546

GCR

PERM rocks !!!

Chicago center
Filled PERM 7/20
Received "Final Review" the next day.
7/28 got "Certified" (8 days only) :D
EB-3

royl66 said:
Chicago center
Filled PERM 7/20
Received "Final Review" the next day.
7/28 got "Certified" (8 days only) :D
EB-3

Congratulation, was ure the new fresh file case or did you file the conversion?