Pending Asylum Case for over 4 years and waiting for Interview

I mailed them my expedite request and my mother's medical report on October 7th. I'm still optimistic they could reply back by November or even December.
As I've been waiting for the interview since Feb 2015, I don't mind waiting extra time if they will agree to schedule the interview.
I'll keep you posted.

please do, i am very interested in the process, i called the office here and they asked me to do something similar as there are no more wait lists

please do, i am very interested in the process, i called the office here and they asked me to do something similar as there are no more wait lists
Did the asylum office tell you how they schedule interviews these days? Can you just call them and schedule a time right away?

I mailed them my expedite request and my mother's medical report on October 7th. I'm still optimistic they could reply back by November or even December.
As I've been waiting for the interview since Feb 2015, I don't mind waiting extra time if they will agree to schedule the interview.
I'll keep you posted.
Did you call or email the Chicago office about scheduling an interview? What did they tell you?

I sent them a letter by regular mail and enclosed my mother's medical report.
I know they don't provide information on e-mail and phone calls. I decided to write a letter and mail it to their address.

I filled my application on December 2016 and still waiting for the interview.
Please share if any of you from 2016-2017 applicant that's already got an interview schedule.
I've been so worry with all this waiting time, since I haven't seen my two younger kids for almost 5 years.
Thank you so much in advance!

I filled my application on December 2016 and still waiting for the interview.
Please share if any of you from 2016-2017 applicant that's already got an interview schedule.
I've been so worry with all this waiting time, since I haven't seen my two younger kids for almost 5 years.
Thank you so much in advance!
Hey! I did have interview in 2020. I applied in 2016 too but I believe they are scheduling interviews for people who have applied in 2015/2016/2017 currently. Please call the assylum office and ask for information or email them!

Hey! I did have interview in 2020. I applied in 2016 too but I believe they are scheduling interviews for people who have applied in 2015/2016/2017 currently. Please call the assylum office and ask for information or email them!

The main reason that you were able to successfully expedite the interview is that you had an "Interview Is Being Rescheduled" case. I have not yet seen many able to expedite "Next Step Is an Interview" cases recently. As I said elsewhere, the asylum office is still going to be stuck with those "Being Rescheduled" cases for at least two more months.

The main reason that you were able to successfully expedite the interview is that you had an "Interview Is Being Rescheduled" case. I have not yet seen many able to expedite "Next Step Is an Interview" cases. As I said elsewhere, the asylum office is still going to be stuck with those "Being Rescheduled" cases for at least two more months.
I didn’t expedite! Was about to tho. But reaching out to them just helped. I had an interview set up in February then got rescheduled to March and then got the interview in October. I’m just saying that they are interviewing the ones who have applied in 2015.... and yes they are calling the one who have been rescheduled currently but once they are done the 2015/16... are the priorities.

I have been waiting for the decision for 5 years ! Yesterday, I saw that the decision was mailed to me. Now I see in my mails from USPS something from Chief Counsel Chicago. I am worried!! Does anyone knows what it means. I may receive it today or tomorrow. Please let me know what this means. Thanks

Hi everyone. After 4 years of stress and waiting I have finally got my asylum. I wish you all the best of lucks! This sub is one of the best I’m really grateful for it!
congratulations, after reading your post i sent a message to expedite my interview, uscis called me yesterday and asked me to send a mail to the local asylum office, i pray its scheduled this year its been over 3 years .

congratulations, after reading your post i sent a message to expedite my interview, uscis called me yesterday and asked me to send a mail to the local asylum office, i pray its scheduled this year its been over 3 years .
This is a great news. You will have your interview!

Hi everyone. After 4 years of stress and waiting I have finally got my asylum. I wish you all the best of lucks! This sub is one of the best I’m really grateful for it!
Great news!! After all the stress and wait, it certainly must have felt like a huge relief. Can you let us know when the approval arrives, whether it shows up in usps informed delivery? Does it require your signature? Hope you get all docs soon!