Pending Asylum 6 years mom extremely sick back home what do I do

rickjehan_97

hey everyone,

I have been here since 2015 and applied for asylum 2016 since then ive been waiting to get my first interview with the officers. no update as of yet. I haven't seen my mom for so long and now she is extremely sick. She is on and off from the hospitals and it seems like she won't make it far. It really makes me so uneasy that ive stayed here for so long and still haven't received any update. I have reached out for expedited process as well but no response as of yet. what should I do in this situation?
Is it possible for me to go check on my mom before anything bad happens by applying for refugee travel document or will it affect my case in a negative manner? or else is there any other way I can go about this? I would really appreciate some feedback

hey everyone,

I have been here since 2015 and applied for asylum 2016 since then ive been waiting to get my first interview with the officers. no update as of yet. I haven't seen my mom for so long and now she is extremely sick. She is on and off from the hospitals and it seems like she won't make it far. It really makes me so uneasy that ive stayed here for so long and still haven't received any update. I have reached out for expedited process as well but no response as of yet. what should I do in this situation?
Is it possible for me to go check on my mom before anything bad happens by applying for refugee travel document or will it affect my case in a negative manner? or else is there any other way I can go about this? I would really appreciate some feedback
Refugee travel document is only for approved asylees so you can’t apply for refugee travel document as you’re still asylum applicant not an asylee! You can apply for advance parole but you need to show the USCIS when you come back how you stayed safe in your country !
Wish you all the best

Thank you for educating me on this. I didn't know the difference between advanced parole and RTD until now. Is there anyone who had any personal experiences traveling with advanced parole and had difficulty entering back to the country? Do you recommend I get a lawyer to get the advanced parol situation sorted out or else I can fill it on my own?

With all the research Ive gathered it seems everyone says not to enter into the country that you are seeking asylum from. That doing so will jeopardize the claim for asylum and the application would be deemed abandoned. Isn't there anyway around this? I do not want to see my mom on her deathbed, I just wish to go see her once when she is alive. I do understand nothing goes the way we want but does anyone have experiences/advice for me on this?

Thank you for educating me on this. I didn't know the difference between advanced parole and RTD until now. Is there anyone who had any personal experiences traveling with advanced parole and had difficulty entering back to the country? Do you recommend I get a lawyer to get the advanced parol situation sorted out or else I can fill it on my own?
You definitely need an attorney and tell her/him the whole story then she/he can give you the best advice as they know better! Unfortunately going back to home country will hurt your case especially if it’s a political asylum cause u can’t hide from the government and no one will believe that but if it’s religious or something different then you have a good chance to go see your mom and come
Back safely

I would appreciate with the advice on the following
Is it possible to claim the refugee status based on the religious persecution that happened over 10 years ago, to be precise in 2010 with the evidence on hands (judicial conclusion)? It happened in Uzbekistan. We were persecuted for the religion.

I would appreciate with the advice on the following
Is it possible to claim the refugee status based on the religious persecution that happened over 10 years ago, to be precise in 2010 with the evidence on hands (judicial conclusion)? It happened in Uzbekistan. We were persecuted for the religion.
Start your own thread please.