Pending 2001/2002 I-485 applicants, Raise Hands ?

Case Approved Finally,

Finally I received a email for my 485 approval! Had almost lost hope. Now I need to wait for the letter so I can go get my passport stamped. I would like to thank all for the support and help.

No Update from sept 2002

Hi ,

I have applied for GC in August 2002 and Sept 2002 gave the Finger prints. This isthe last message on my list and nothing else has happened on it from that time.

I raised two enquiries.. what else can be done

- srini

srini_king said:
Hi ,

I have applied for GC in August 2002 and Sept 2002 gave the Finger prints. This isthe last message on my list and nothing else has happened on it from that time.

I raised two enquiries.. what else can be done

- srini

Keep trying..make senator enquiries...ombudsmen enquiries...1-800 enquiries...
expedite requests....
If you don't care about money and don't fear that the INS might do something....I see no harm to file EAD's every three months.....

Just got email from FBI that my name check has finally been completed after two and half years and forwarded to USCIS two weeks ago. No update on immigration site still!

Oh GOD! This is really crazy tyzh. I totally understand how much pain and agony you might have gone through this entire FBI Name Check Issue. I think it will take atleast 3 weeks for USCIS to update into there systems atleast, so I suggest you make an inquiry later in the month and I am sure they will process your cases at the earliest. Good Luck!
tyzh said:
Just got email from FBI that my name check has finally been completed after two and half years and forwarded to USCIS two weeks ago. No update on immigration site still!

Approved today

Hi guys

I got an email saying that my application was approved and approval letter has sent yesterday.

I485 ND: 22nd Sep 2002

Thank you everyone in this forum for great support and help.

Pending since Oct 2001

Count me in..

485 RD Oct 2001
Namecheck pending since Jan 2003
filed expedite, contacted senator's office, filed FOIPA. Absolutely no use other than to let us know that our case is pending name/security check. :mad:

tyzh said:

Same thing happend to me. My name check was cleared after 20 months and with in a months time my I-485 was approved. But mean wile i have put in a inquire as the processing dates and crossed my I-485 ND date.

I think you should get your i-485 in a months time.

elgee75 said:
Count me in..

485 RD Oct 2001
filed expedite, contacted senator's office, filed FOIPA. Absolutely no use other than to let us know that our case is pending name/security check. :mad:

Talk to this lady Dian Berger(202 324 0608). It is very difficult to get this person on the phone, but if you get her tell your entire story and the wait time. She might help you.

How do you know that your name check is pending ? Did you get any written confirmation from FBI ?
If Yes, then I would probably write a direct letter to Mr. Hardy and ask him to expedite the name check and I am sure you will have some results. If FBI doesn't have your name check, I would probably write to USCIS via expedite request and attach a copy of the FBI Email as proof, that will atleast make USCIS re-initiate the name check again. Actually, I have gone through the same ordeal and it took me nearly 8 Months to resolve this issue of Name Check.
elgee75 said:
Count me in..

485 RD Oct 2001

Spoke with FBI

Mr. Hardy's assistant spoke with me for 10min last week and said that FBI will not directly accept expedite requests from individuals. She said that USCIS has a process to request expedition of name check requests and to follow up with them. She would not discuss my pending name check request and said neither would others at this office.

That's true vg333. FBI will not accept any expedite request from you and only USCIS can initiate an expedite request to FBI. In my case, when I wrote to USCIS that my name check was not initiated, USCIS did a special request for my name and FBI processed it immediately as soon as they received it. But you can write a letter to Mr. Hardy requesting his office to clear your name if it is pending from long and all you can do is just hope that Mr.Hardy's considers your request. So I would suggest you to write a letter to Mr.Hardy's office explaining the issue clearly. Good Luck!
vg333 said:
Mr. Hardy's assistant spoke with me for 10min last week and said that FBI will not directly accept expedite requests from individuals. She said that USCIS has a process to request expedition of name check requests and to follow up with them. She would not discuss my pending name check request and said neither would others at this office.

Inquiry backlog

I made an inquiry about a month ago. No response at all. Seems like VSC has an “Inquiry backlog” now.

Based on immigration watch (http://immigrationwatch.com) statistics
only 37.7% of 2002 applicants are approved. 26.9% of 2003 are approved.
Rupnet shows about 50% 2002 approvals. If these statistics are accurate obviously there is going to be a backlog in inquiries and they will need more resources to clear it.

I wonder why they are faking the processing dates.

RD Dec 2002
last FP Dec 2004

Same case here too. I too made an inquiry almost a month back and I didn't hear anything yet from USCIS, but my congressman made an inquiry last week and came to know that our cases has been assigned to the officer last week and I haven't heard anything yet.

RD1202 said:
I made an inquiry about a month ago. No response at all. Seems like VSC has an “Inquiry backlog” now.

Based on immigration watch (http://immigrationwatch.com) statistics
only 37.7% of 2002 applicants are approved. 26.9% of 2003 are approved.
Rupnet shows about 50% 2002 approvals. If these statistics are accurate obviously there is going to be a backlog in inquiries and they will need more resources to clear it.

I wonder why they are faking the processing dates.

RD Dec 2002
last FP Dec 2004

Does this mean that they response to cases that are not approvable immediately and delay or ignore the responses for cases that are being serviced?

If they do, that make sense because they do not want to occupy resources to response to an inquiry if the case it going to be approved anyway in a few days.

Just a wild thought.

RD1202