PCC Tracking - Chennai Feb Interview

Which year was the passport issued in Madras

Can you please tell the year (for the chennai case).
I am waiting for PCC from CGNY. My appsport was issued from Madras in 1994. Somewhere I heard that if the original passport was issued before 1996 (that is the year when everything was computerised in RPO), CGNY may not receive any clearance from RPO but after the 30 to 45 days wait period they would still issue the PCC.
I am just trying to roughly estimate the time frame

Thanks

Have submitted passport at SFO for PCC today. will pick up this evening.

They did not have problems with me having the copy of the approval from the Hyd RPO with me. The RPO had also faxed them a copy (there is a 200Rs fee for doing this, which was payed by my father).

So, if folks are waiting for approval from Hyd, I would suggest that your folks go to the RPO and follow up. I believe they are nice about it and do not create any hassles.

Santha, GC_Michigan

I got a call from Usha at Chicago consulate today saying that my PCC is cleared. She also said that I had to pay $20 per person more (I have already paid $11 * 2 + 20 Telex = $42) with my application. Were you guys also asked for this additional amount? Secondly she said that they will not issue passport on the same day as they have too much work. So I am planning to send passports by UPS.
Santha which couried did you use? How did the consulate send the passports back? They are asking me $15 for return mailing fee for the passport. Please let me know. I am going to mail the passports on monday.
Thanks.

gcappl

Starting from Jan 2002, the fee for PCC is $20. Since you already paid
$11 * 2, I think you are required to pay another $9 * 2. I don\'t know
why they are charging $2 more. $15 is for DHL service, through which
consulate prefers to send our passports back. This is actually very
safe and quicker than sending in regular mail. You get it next day.
This is how it works: your passports first goes to mailing department.
They then record all your information and send them to respective
person (here Usha) for processing only on next day morning (not
necessarly all the time. Some time mail department takes more than
one day. So I called around 12:00NOON of the day they received and
confirmed they started working on my passports). Usha generally
finishes preparing PCC on the day she receives and sends back all
material to mailing department for dispatch, the next day morning.
Some time during afternoon they mail your passports along with PCC
through DHL which you should receive by next day morning. You can
get your DHL tracking number by calling mailing department.
I sent my passports by FedEx on Monday evening. They received it on
Tuesday, Usha processed it on Wednesday, mailed it on Thursday and
I received it on Friday morning. I sent my passports by FedEx and
they took $14 for overnight delivery. I prefer FedEx over UPS. Make
sure you follow your case at evey stage or else there may be some
delay.
I paid $20 * 2 (for PCC), $20(Vizag telex), $20(Chennai telex) and
$15 for DHL.

Best.

GCAPPL

Santha summed it up well..I was also asked to bring $18 to get PCC. Usha told me that if I dropped it off between 9-12 they will give it back by 3:30 same day..I am going to Chicago on 29th Tuesday...

gcappl

Ooops. I over looked your posting. I thought they are asking only
another $20. If they are asking another $20 per person, I think they
forgot about the amount ($11 * 2) you paid already. I think you need to ask them why they are charging $22 more in your case.

SOrry for the confusion.
Best.

Thanks Santha, GC_Michigan

Thanks guys. I am planning to fax them on Monday and also call them to find out how much additional amount they need. Then I plan to mail the passports on Monday itself. GC_Michigan, please call and confirm that they are going to give you the passport the same day. Usha specifically said that they cannot give the passports on the same day. Make sure you confirm this before you go. I am leaving for India next Tuesday (5th Feb, int on 12th Feb) and hope to have it all done by then.

GC_Michigan, just a thought that we might want to go to Chicago together if we can get it in a day else one of us can drop it off and the other can pick it up the next day. This will keep us worry free and also save staying overnight. Think about it and let me know.
Email me at a_vivek@hotmail.com if you are interested and we can exchange phone numbers and talk about this. Once again, it is just a thought and you are welcome to ignore it if it is intrusive.

Once more thanks very much.

I talked to her on 1/24

When I talked to her she said she can not process the passport if she gets by mail the same day, she would do the next day and would be mailed a day after it is processed..When I asked specifically about dropping the passport off, iwas told I can have passport back the same day after 3:30 provided I drop it off between 9-12...

I am flying to chicago on Tuesday to do that..I am not sure if one can take others passport for PCC..It has to be the same person or a dependent wife/husband..please verify this...

How to apply for PCC ?

I got my P3 last Oct. and am going over the CP process again now (sort of RipVanWinkle) and noticed that we require PCC.
I reside n work in NewJersey. How can I get PCC (the process) ?.
I am going to India (vizag) on Feb 9 will am getting married on Feb 20. Plan to mail P3 after marriage. Should I get my PCC after returning back ? What should I do for my spouses PCC. She is in India currently.
Any advise is appreciated.

Ooh! what a relief.... Got PCCs from D.C

Applied on Dec 24
PCC recd on Jan 29

Consulate: Washington D.C
PP issued (Self): Chennai
PP issued (Spouse): Chennai

Paket 4 not recd

My CP interview is on Feb 13th (at Chennai). I have not yet received the packet 4 at my Bangalore address (I have already come down to B\'lore) yet. Called Chennai today and they said that they have mailed the interview letter to my US address. When asked about packet 4 they told me to download it from tehir web site. On their web site they only have OF-230 II and Medical form inside the packet 4. There is no form IRS 9003 and neither are there any instructions on what papers they want and arranged in what order. I am at present going by Srifx\'s list, but was hoping to get instructions from them directly as a confirmation. I saw that some of you have recd the packet 4.

Could someone pls shed some more light on this. Can you tell me where I can get form IRS 9003 from and also what else is there in that Packet 4.

I\'d appreciate any help.

Thanks,
bga

Here is the format of the Interview letter in Packet-4

Not a legal advice
-------------------

For IRS-9003 go to iimihelp.com and check the instructions

InterviewLetter
-----------------

The scheduled appointment is on the date give below. When communicating with this office, either by telephone or by letter please provide the case number and name as exactly shown below.

Visa appointment
Date Time

Name (p) :
Travelling Applicants:

Preference Category:
You will be requiring an Indian police certificate.
There are additional questions to be completed by all applicants for permanent residence in u.s. Failure to provide this information may result in 500$ penalty unless failure is due to reasonable cause.
If you cannot keep the appointment please notify the office at once.
All immigrants regardless of age should undergo medical examinations. Bring with you all of the documents pertinent to your case. Your application will be refused if you fail to bring all required documentation.
 This appointment letter ·
 Passport valid for six months beyond intended date of entry to us. ·
 Police certificate(s) ·
 Birth certificates for each applicant
 Color photographs of each person [2] ·
 Marriage certificate ·
 Evidence of financial support:Form I-864,Affidavit of support, a notarized offer of employment, or evidence of your own assets ·
 Beneficiaries of family sponsored petitions should bring with them all original documents used to establish the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary for presentation to the consultation offer.
 Beneficiaries of employment-based petitions should bring a recent letter from the prospective employer confirming the essential elements of the job offer.

Affidavits should not be less than 12 months old when presented to the consular officer.
You are strongly urged to personally keep a duplicate file copy of all documents submitted in connection with your visa application.
You must be ready to pay by D.D in local currency for each visa .
Arrange your documents from top to bottom in the order listed below and place them in your passport for submission when you come from your interview, original affidavits will not be returned. If original certificates of your marrige,,birth,etc., are desired, please include one photo copy.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATIONS DOCUMENTS
Arrange your documents from top to bottom in the order listed below and place them in your passport for submission when you come for your Visa interview. Original affidavits will not be returned. If original certificates of your marriage, divorce, birth, military discharge etc.., are desired, please include one photocopy.
1. OF-171- visa appointment letter.
2. Of-230- part 1 and 2 Visa application
3. Marriage certificate.
4. Wedding photos
5. Birth certificate OR statement of non-availability of birth records and affidavit of birth.
6. Evidence of financial support [affidavit of support in Form 1-864 from the petitioner as well as any co-sponsor, including 3 years most recent U.S Federal income tax returns], Petitioner\'s Employment letter and Bank statements.
7. Photos - 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch in size. Sign on two copies at the bottom front. Do not sign the third copy. In a child\'s photo, write the name of the child. The photograph must be three quarter frontal portrait with the right side of the face and right ear visible. We require color photos with white background.
8. Proof of relationship between beneficiary and the petitioner.
9. Medical reports. Do not submit your x-ray.
10. Completed 9003 form.
11. Separate passport for each applicant. [Including children] FEES

FEE: $325 PER APPLICANTR PAYABLE IN EQUIVALENT LOCAL CURRENCY BY WAY OF TWO SEPARATE DEMAND DRAFTS MADE ONLY PAYABLE TO "THE AMERICAN CONSULATE GENERAL CHENNAI\'”ONLY.
 ONE DRAFT FOR THE RUPEE EQUIVALENT OF THE APPLICATION FEE:$260 ·
 ONE DRAFT FOR THE RUPEE EQUIVALENT OF THE ISSUANCE FEE:$65 RATES OF EXCHANGE FLUCTUATE OFTEN. PLEASE INQUIRE WITH THE CONSULATE. CALL 811 2000 EXTN. 3440 FOR THE APPROPRIATE RUPEE AMOUNT BEFORE OBTAINING YOUR DRAFTS. BANK EXCHANGE RATE NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Note : We request that due to severe space constraints in our consular facilities, only the applicants are permitted into the visa waiting room. We invite American citizens accompanying visa applicants to the Consulate to wait for their relatives in the American Citizen Services Unit.