• Yes

Votes: 52 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One more June 02

Hi Saknia,

I am a silent reader of this forum. Here is my case detail.

Case No: P-0427X-XXXXX
State : VA
Priority Date : June 28 2002
45 Day Letter date : Feb 05

Still waiting for the approval.

Thanks,
KMG

Choices ...

So here's what I think our choices are ...

We have tried several things like letter writing campagins, law suits, faxes, so far nothing has worked. Legal changes are already in the offing to clear backlong in the next year (immigrationvoice efforts).

To get things to move before another year I believe we do need a dedicated organization that can lobby with the Department of Labor to put pressure on PBEC to get the backlog moving.

Guys, in the past I was never quite sure of the goals of immigrationvoice as far as labor backlog is concerned. Given the results of their recent efforts it might be worth joining forces with to get a lobbying effort with PBEC. What are your thoughts?

2002calabor said:
Count me in guys... I am ready because I am getting really tired of waiting and hoping day after day and week after week. With a Sep 02 PD I should have been approved by now. I think PBEC is just picking some cases from every month and moving on just to say that they are moving.

Let's list down what our choices are....

2002calabor said:
So here's what I think our choices are ...

We have tried several things like letter writing campagins, law suits, faxes, so far nothing has worked. Legal changes are already in the offing to clear backlong in the next year (immigrationvoice efforts).

To get things to move before another year I believe we do need a dedicated organization that can lobby with the Department of Labor to put pressure on PBEC to get the backlog moving.

Guys, in the past I was never quite sure of the goals of immigrationvoice as far as labor backlog is concerned. Given the results of their recent efforts it might be worth joining forces with to get a lobbying effort with PBEC. What are your thoughts?

Based on above we have three options so far

1) Continue to work with Letter Faxes - Which are specifically designed to Focus the Left out cases - before Nov 2002 & 2001

2) Talk to Rajiv and see if he can help us in representing to PBEC in some form of Enquiry to ask about what is wrong with these cases.

3) Talk to IV .ORG and see if they are interested in talking for these specific cases with PBEC through some resources

I think ultimatley we might have to decide between 2 & 3 knowing the Fate of Letter Campaign with DOL.

Option 1 will be free

Option 2 & 3 will need funds to be contributed by all those are interested

ladude10 said:
Sounds like a plan
1) We can make a list of ppl who want to participate in this. We need to make clear that it is not lawsuit against PBEC, purpose it to just ask them collectively, why there is no FIFO and some (many 2001/2002) early cases are still stuck? Is there anything we can do?

2) We all know some general answers (blah blah) but we need firm answers/ timeline (2007 doesn’t make any sense. That deadline is for 2005 cases).

3) Is there anything missing or wrong with these cases or it is just random? Is there anything we can do?

4) If we have many ppl then we have better chances, we can make a list of stuck cases before talking to Rajiv and can invite all the ppl and couple us can take a lead to talk to him (conference call).

5) I guess many ppl wants to participate but they don’t want to give their case number how we can handle that? Is it first 5 digits info/state/PD/EB is enough? I guess many ppl don’t want to go against their company or Lawyer. So we can make it more general for 2001/2002 ppl instead of case specific.

6) This week we can make list of number of members want to participate with some more details. We can get that info from this thread.

I am open to share my contact details with Sankia and you or anybody who want to discuss this offline and outline the plan.

Ladude10
CA/EB3/PD July 2002

Hi whereismy_gc & Ladude10

Any one of you is interested in Volunterring this effort - You are welcome

Iam waiting to know about some planned travel out of Country. After that only I can volunterr for sure

Any Takers other than these 2 are also welcome

count me in ...

Count me in...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: 8/9/2002
RD: 8/1/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)
ETA Case Number: P-04306-32xxx

saknia said:

1) Continue to work with Letter Faxes - Which are specifically designed to Focus the Left out cases - before Nov 2002 & 2001

2) Talk to Rajiv and see if he can help us in representing to PBEC in some form of Enquiry to ask about what is wrong with these cases.

3) Talk to IV .ORG and see if they are interested in talking for these specific cases with PBEC through some resources

I think ultimatley we might have to decide between 2 & 3 knowing the Fate of Letter Campaign with DOL.

Option 1 will be free

No problem Saknia, but continue to visit this forum while you are away from this PBEC mess. We would like to hear and get your opinions.

Ladudude, I will contact you thru PM. Let's talk about this tomorrow evening, if you could or in worst case Monday.

Guys, lets fire this up. It should be either 'Yes' or 'No'. Why would we want to spend our life & valuable time working like HI-TECH SLAVES...???? This is a privilege and we want to earn it with some dignity.

I would suggest keep sending more letters..call PBEC (don't mind if they talk to you harshly..just keep your coool...).

saknia said:

Option 1 will be free

1. I have already written letters. Recently made a call to PBEC along with HR and the lady who answered the phone said that nothing is wrong with my application, and they are still processing cases and that it is possible that people with PD later than mine got approved. My HR lady was asking me if there was anything more she could do.

2. I guess talking to Rajiv is a great idea, if he is willing to help us for a fee then I am willing to chip in some money.

3. IV folks sure did great work with amendment to immigration bill, so may be we should have a discussion with them.

Saknia, can you drive to get our voices heard, I will support you 100 percent?

Who's taking the lead

Since saknia is taking off for some time, can someone else take the lead here? I think it might be a good idea to start discussion with immigrationvoice

But let's keep this open to all PBEC victims (not just 2001/2002 cases). That way we will have bargaining power with immigrationvoice also.

ben123 said:
1. I have already written letters. Recently made a call to PBEC along with HR and the lady who answered the phone said that nothing is wrong with my application, and they are still processing cases and that it is possible that people with PD later than mine got approved. My HR lady was asking me if there was anything more she could do.

2. I guess talking to Rajiv is a great idea, if he is willing to help us for a fee then I am willing to chip in some money.

3. IV folks sure did great work with amendment to immigration bill, so may be we should have a discussion with them.

Saknia, can you drive to get our voices heard, I will support you 100 percent?

whereismy_gc said:
No problem Saknia, but continue to visit this forum while you are away from this PBEC mess. We would like to hear and get your opinions.

Ladudude, I will contact you thru PM. Let's talk about this tomorrow evening, if you could or in worst case Monday.

Guys, lets fire this up. It should be either 'Yes' or 'No'. Why would we want to spend our life & valuable time working like HI-TECH SLAVES...???? This is a privilege and we want to earn it with some dignity.

I would suggest keep sending more letters..call PBEC (don't mind if they talk to you harshly..just keep your coool...).
Ok Whereismy_gc we we will talk tomorrow evening.. :)

2002calabor said:
Since saknia is taking off for some time, can someone else take the lead here? I think it might be a good idea to start discussion with immigrationvoice

But let's keep this open to all PBEC victims (not just 2001/2002 cases). That way we will have bargaining power with immigrationvoice also.

Ok I can volunteer…. I think we need at least three ppl at front (I am backlogged with personal tasks also)… So Whereismy_gc and Myself and one more????
We can start discussion with immigrationvoice.. That's a great Idea...

gcby2020 said:
Another round of letters to DFLC chief may help with CC to GAO. Also contact your congressmen. I just met senior staff of our congressman.

I am in. my 2 cents....
I talked to someone john roberts in the labor dept,
They very well know that FIFO is not followed and what is going on at BEC.
He says there is nothing he or anyone can do about it, bcos everything is under contract!! thats right!! contract.
These contractors are supposed to turn over XXX number of cases by so and so date, to get paid and may be renew contracts.
so all the people involved know that these contractors and their immediate bosses are working/approving cases where minumum effort is needed!! meaning cases which have cleared state and were at DOL b4 they came to BEC's. so once all these cases are cleared(i think these itself will take till 2007 end), then these contractors will ask for a raise and extension of their contracts to do the ACTUAL work(i.e. working on the cases transferred from state) May be at this stage, to show the number of cases approved, they may simply approve the remanded cases then...

Does anyone thinks, this doesn't makes sense??

Please add my information to tracker -Thanks
VA SWA, RIR, EB2 (MS+0 or BS+5)
SWA RD (PD): Aug 19, 2002
SWA NOF: xxxxx 2003
SWA response sent: xxxx 2003
SWA sent to Philly DOL: July 03, 2003
45DL Received: Dec 21, 2004
45DL Replied: Jan10, 2005
ETA Case Number:p-04280-xxxxx

Guys

Plaese answer the Poll above .

Eventhough Rajiv option is one of the 3 we are considering this will give an idea on Head count as to who are willing to Pay for this effort

Even for iv.org we need funds

I see 30 Plus pots here. But only 10 have said yes for Money. The no of Viwers has crossed 1000 so far

Please answer the Poll

Conversation of my employer with DFLC official

"I got through to somebody today, but as I expected I didn't get much useful information.

The man on the phone looked up your information, and said that everything is in order. Your application is in the processing queue, and was assigned to analyst on January 10th. He seemed to say that at this point, it's a matter of the analyst getting to it (among all the other applications that have to be handled).

I asked about the first-in first-out, and the man on the phone said that is the basic principle, but that little things can have an impact or influence on this. He said that it depends on the processing center (Philadelphia is considerably worse than Dallas), when the 45 day letters were signed and returned (the date for yours was August 25th), and whether any information on the application needed to be changed or updated.

He reported to me that your information is currently up to date and agreed with me that your application appears to be "sitting on somebody's desk." He said that all applications will be processed by September 2007 (yes, 2007), and that although in your case it should be done considerably before then, he couldn't give me a time frame other than "in the next few months."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PD Dec 10, 2001
45 D ltr 08/2005

Whats the contact number you used to talke to John Roberts in Labor Department? Just want to know what happen to my case..

csrini1 said:
I am in. my 2 cents....
I talked to someone john roberts in the labor dept,
They very well know that FIFO is not followed and what is going on at BEC.
He says there is nothing he or anyone can do about it, bcos everything is under contract!! thats right!! contract.
These contractors are supposed to turn over XXX number of cases by so and so date, to get paid and may be renew contracts.
so all the people involved know that these contractors and their immediate bosses are working/approving cases where minumum effort is needed!! meaning cases which have cleared state and were at DOL b4 they came to BEC's. so once all these cases are cleared(i think these itself will take till 2007 end), then these contractors will ask for a raise and extension of their contracts to do the ACTUAL work(i.e. working on the cases transferred from state) May be at this stage, to show the number of cases approved, they may simply approve the remanded cases then...

Does anyone thinks, this doesn't makes sense??

ladude10 said:
Ok Whereismy_gc we we will talk tomorrow evening.. :)

Ladude & Whereismygc

We know that you two are discussing. Please post update everyday so that people here will know the progress

15 People has confirmed in the Poll for participating on an enquiry through Rajiv ( for a Fee)

If you have discussed with IV.ORG please update us on that as well

SoR said:
Post how much $, might make yes/no decisions easier.

At this point we don't know this figure. This will be based on how many people Join hands and Ho much Rajiv might charge for this work or How much IV.ORG might need to pick up this piece of work along with their lobbying for general labor Backlog issues

But I think we can work on $200-$250 per person which I think will be reasonable amount. Because if we get 20 people for this then it is $5000.00.For this kind of work this is too small. Rajiv might makethis amount with say 3 h1b applications. But in this case he has to get involved and spend his time and strategize.

If we get double that amount then we can reduce the amount per person

All : Suggest wwhat you guys have in mind