passport timeline thread ?

A month ago I read that only diplomats and officials are being issued e-passports. Regular e-passports are expected to be issued in August.

I just got my passport yesterday...regular processing took 4 weeks.

Hi y'all!

I mentioned this before, all of those I know who applied for expedited processing at the U.S. Dept. of State passport application support center in downtown D.C. got their passports either the same day or within 24 hrs. All of the passports were issued as new e-passports.

Apparently, this does not seem to apply to other parts of the country.

Cheers!

Legal

LegalAlien99 said:
Hi y'all!

I mentioned this before, all of those I know who applied for expedited processing at the U.S. Dept. of State passport application support center in downtown D.C. got their passports either the same day or within 24 hrs. All of the passports were issued as new e-passports.

Apparently, this does not seem to apply to other parts of the country.

Cheers!

Legal

As far as I know you can get same day processing only if you can show proof that you need to travel within 2 weeks. This is only available through passport agencies, not at other passport acceptance facilities (libraries, post offices, etc.).

Sam

sam_c said:
As far as I know you can get same day processing only if you can show proof that you need to travel within 2 weeks. This is only available through passport agencies, not at other passport acceptance facilities (libraries, post offices, etc.).

Sam

Hi Sam,

Yes, you are absolutely right.

Cheers!

Legal

My passport app timeline:

Applied at local post office, regular service : May 26, 06
Status appeared on travel.state.gov site: June 9, 06
Expected delivery as per status: July 8, 2006

Applied passport through expedited service , waiting to show up in the online status check

Applied : 06/14/2006.
Received ???

mnudvr said:
Applied passport through expedited service , waiting to show up in the online status check

Applied : 06/14/2006.
Received ???

In our experience, the expedited service moves much faster than the website is updated! So you will likely get your passports before your status even shows up on the website

Pending Oath - passport question

I am taking the oath next Tues (June 20) in SF and would like to apply for a US passport. Some questions...

-Will I get my passport sooner if I apply at the ceremony vs handing it in at a local post office on the same day?

-Is there a copying facility at/near the Masonic Center where I could make a quick copy of my natz cert. and return to the ceremony to hand in my passport app?

I will post my timeline later since I don't have my case in front of me. I did have the interview on Monday (June 12) and was handed the oath notice 30 min after the interview.

thanks for your response.

americanlife said:
I am taking the oath next Tues (June 20) in SF and would like to apply for a US passport. Some questions...

-Will I get my passport sooner if I apply at the ceremony vs handing it in at a local post office on the same day?

No

-Is there a copying facility at/near the Masonic Center where I could make a quick copy of my natz cert. and return to the ceremony to hand in my passport app?

I asked same question when one of organizers suggested that I apply right after the ceremony. I didn't get a definite answer. So, I decided to apply from a local post office.

Some of you won't believe this. After finishing my oath last Friday (6/9) I applied for the passports, Expedited. I got them this morning. For both me and my wife.

sd12 said:
My passport app timeline:

Applied at local post office, regular service : May 26, 06
Status appeared on travel.state.gov site: June 9, 06
Expected delivery as per status: July 8, 2006

I called 800 number and paid extra $ to expedite passport application.
I received passport 2 days after that (on June 17)

Journal over

3/7: became US citizen; applied US passport (regular service)
3/11: start changing name process at Alameda County
3/22: received passport
5/9: name changed
5/12: applied US passport with new name
6/17: received new passport.

I applied for expedited process on June 14 thru overnight mail, Should I wait for my check to be cashed before I call national passport centre about the status? Will the process not move ahead till the check is cashed?

One day Passport Services

Hi

As I will be traveling within 7 days of Oath, I want to apply for passport to be ready in 1 or 2 days, at Chicago. ( I am in Detroit ).

I have follwing questions:

1. There are a lot of services, which help you get the passport in one day. Do I need to use them or if I go personally to PP agency in Chicago, it is same thing?

2. Will they hand deliver the Passport in one or two days, or will they mail it only ( courier )? If they will courier, can they courier to an address in Chicago, instead of my home address in Detroit? Then I can apply for Visa in Chicago only.

3. Do I need to make an appointment for applying in person, for a one or two day delivery of passport?

Thanks

Nakoo (nkgeicher@hotmail.com )

I would suggest you to book your tickets today, then schedule an appointment in any of the 14 regional passport centres for same day approval process, they will ask for naturalization certificate, photos, fees and airline tickets.

Hi

As I will be traveling within 7 days of Oath, I want to apply for passport to be ready in 1 or 2 days, at Chicago. ( I am in Detroit ).

I have follwing questions:

1. There are a lot of services, which help you get the passport in one day. Do I need to use them or if I go personally to PP agency in Chicago, it is same thing?

2. Will they hand deliver the Passport in one or two days, or will they mail it only ( courier )? If they will courier, can they courier to an address in Chicago, instead of my home address in Detroit? Then I can apply for Visa in Chicago only.

3. Do I need to make an appointment for applying in person, for a one or two day delivery of passport?

Thanks

Nakoo (nkgeicher@hotmail.com )

Received our PP - expedited in a week

Applied on Jun 14th
Online Status appeared - Jun 20th
Passport Received - Jun 21st.
So far so good.. Again fight starts for OCI/PIO or whatever. At this moment,
I want to just relax.

Good luck to you all and thanks to everyone who provided me with tons of useful information...

My prayers are for people who are stuck in the name check process and I am sure they too will get their USC soon.

I got my passport today, applied on 06/13 thru overnight expedited . Thanks to you all who shared info, and also many more thanks to all who ignored and posted no suggestions.

I applied for my passport the same day as I got my naturalization certificate. They had some Post Office people hanging around.

It was a big mistake because I didn't ask for it to be expedited or photocopy my naturalization certificate. It took 50 days before I got my passport and naturalization certificate back. I couldn't start processing my name change or any other paperwork any earlier since the Post Office folks took my only proof I'm a US citizen. So don't forget to copy that naturalization certificate before you send off for your US passport.

---

N-400 timeline
Nebraska Service Center

Mailed N400 ------------- 08/23/2005
Priority Date ------------- 08/25/2005
Checked cashed --------- 08/26/2005
Notice of Approval NOA -- 09/06/2005
Fingerprint Date FP ------ 12/20/2005
Interview Notice --------- 03/13/2006
Oath Notice Received ---- 03/31/2006
Oath Date --------------- 04/28/2006

GRAND TOTAL N-400 ===========> 248 days

US Passport timeline
US Postal Service, Department of State

Passport ----------------- 04/28/2006
Passport Received -------- 06/17/2006

GRAND TOTAL US Passport =====> 50 days

SSN card name change request - 06/19/2006

I applied for my passport at local San Francisco post office. I used regular service. I made many copies (including several color once) of naturalization certficate before applying.

I received passport and certficate by priority mail in about 6 weeks.