Passed the test 10 months ago; no decision yet..pls help!!

lazycis, a relevant question; in the complaint do I need to explain why USCIS is delaying this case i.e. due the frequent trips abroad? Also do I need to tell that I had the interview twice and submitted additional supporting documents twice as well?
My FP will also expire on 05/06/2009. I think I don't have enough time left but what happens if my FP expire and I have pending case with the court? Are there any implications? I plan on filing within next week however.

lazycis, a relevant question; in the complaint do I need to explain why USCIS is delaying this case i.e. due the frequent trips abroad? Also do I need to tell that I had the interview twice and submitted additional supporting documents twice as well?
My FP will also expire on 05/06/2009. I think I don't have enough time left but what happens if my FP expire and I have pending case with the court? Are there any implications? I plan on filing within next week however.

It does not hurt to include as many facts as you can. I recommend including those into your complaint. You will receive FP notice faster if you have a pending complaint. USCIS cannot approve or deny N-400 without court permission after 1447b is filed, but it can process the application.

Types of name checks

 IBIS – Interagency Border Inspection System
 IAFIS –Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System
 IDENT – Automated Biometric Identification System
 FBI National Name Check Program

These are the types of background checks. FBI Name check is the one that takes long or the IBIS. I have been told that my FBI Name check has cleared and 3rd Agency check is pending. I assume its the IBIS as IAFIS and IDENT clear within 48 hours. I'm in the same boat as you. I Applied in Jan 2008, got my FP in Feb 2008, got Interviewed on Nov 13th, 2008 with N652 saying no decision. I was asked to submit tax documents for the last 5 years. Docs were submitted on Nov 17th, 2008. Have not hear anything as of yet. I'm still waiting too.

I received a letter from the congressman’s office with the latest reply from USCIS yesterday.

Congressman’s office wrote to USCIS:
MR. X called our office and said that he spoke to FBI, and they told him that they have already completed his background check. He would like clarification on why USCIS states that his background check is still pending.

The response from USCIS:
The FBI name check is just one of many background check reviews that are performed on every applicant. In this case the results from his FBI name checks are in the system. However this case is still undergoing review.
(Then the letter goes on stating how important it is for the nation to do extensive background check on each applicant)

My question to the forum:
What other background checks USCIS is talking about?
What kind of checking they would be doing if they think my marriage is in question?
I know my marriage is fine and I wrote two times to the IO in last 6 months stating that I can provide more documents to support my marriage if necessary but did not get any reply from USCIS.
Should I skip the demand letter with 30 day notice and go on filing a lawsuit straight up?
My finger print was taken on 14th of Feb 2008. So it will expire in mid May I believe.

Any advice/insight is really appreciated.

My Timeline

Hi, Seems like you and I applied around the same time. I filed my case in San Diego, CA. Here are my case details:

NOA - 1/10/2008
FP - 2/16/2008 in Chula Vista, CA office
Name check Cleared - 9/16/2008
IL - 9/26/2008
ID - 11/13/2008 - 880 Front Street office
I passed the interview but got no decision, was asked to submit tax documents for last 5 years as evidence of good moral character.
11/17/2008 - documents hand delivered
1/10/2009 - first infopass - was told that case pending decision
have done 5 additional inquiries so far and have been told that name check cleared in September, 2008 but 3rd agency check pending.

Any advice?

Demand letter worked like magic!

I mailed Demand letters with my petition (under 1447b) and other docs to several people on April 24. My package arrived to them around April 28th. In my letter I nicely asked them to take care of my case by the 21st May.
I got a call from an Immigraition officer yesterday around 11 AM telling me that my application is approved and I can have my oath at 2 PM if I am available. So I took off from work and went down to the CIS office and took the oath and became a citizen yesterday.

I like to thank everyone in this forum, specailly LazyCIS, for providing me the info and support. I would still be waiting if it weren't for this forum.
Thanks a lot.

I am very glad that it is all over now..no more trips to CIS..

-Marty

:D
I mailed Demand letters with my petition (under 1447b) and other docs to several people on April 24. My package arrived to them around April 28th. In my letter I nicely asked them to take care of my case by the 21st May.
I got a call from an Immigraition officer yesterday around 11 AM telling me that my application is approved and I can have my oath at 2 PM if I am available. So I took off from work and went down to the CIS office and took the oath and became a citizen yesterday.

I like to thank everyone in this forum, specailly LazyCIS, for providing me the info and support. I would still be waiting if it weren't for this forum.
Thanks a lot.

-Marty

A big Congrats Marty :) I am seeing quite a few people get the Oaths these days after long waits,, its good to know they are finally reaching the goal..

your journey is over CELEBRATE :D

Thanks a lot.

-Marty

Another success story! Congrats...

Thanks for your replies!

I am very happy and relieved!! I applied for passport yesterday..can't wait to get it in my hands..thank you once again!

-Marty

Please Help

Marty the,

Congratulations! I have the same situation and have been waiting for a decision to be made for 6 months now. Would you please be so kind to send me a copy of your demand letter? Whom did you send it to? Any other helpful information will be much appreciated. Maybe some of your good luck will rub off on me :).

Thank you in advance,
Alex

Demand letter info

I used the sample petition for 1447b and demand letter available on this site and changed the biographic info like my name, A# etc. I sent the demand letter with my petition and supporting docs to 5 different places through certified mail. Below are the addresses. You need to change #1 and #3 below according to your district.
Hope this helps.

1. Rosemary L. Melville
District Director, USCIS
2150 Parklake Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30345

2. Here is GC address:
DHS/ USCIS
Office of the Chief Counsel
20 Massachusetts Ave. N.W.
Suite 4025, Fourth Floor
Washington, D.C. 20529

3. United States Attorneys Offices
Northern District, GEORGIA
David E. Nahmias, USA*
600 U.S. Courthouse
75 Spring Street, S.W.
Atlanta, GA 30303-3309

4. MICHAEL AYTES
Director of the U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Office of Chief Counsel
20 Massachusetts Ave., Room 4025
Washington, D.C. 20529

5. Eric Holder Jr
Attorney General
U. S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

I am in a similar situation and so frustrated. I wrote my senators and they responded with exactly what i was verbally told when i had infopass early this week. My hope right now is for USCIS to consider my demand letter seriousely, if i dont get my oath letter by August 31,2009, I'll sue. Is anybody with Seattle DO with a similar problem? Share your ideas. Honestly, denying me right away is far far better than this predicament, i mean it just doesn't make sense to tell me FBI background check is complete but administrative record reveals an issue impacting my eligilibilty without telling me what the issue is, or at least estimate the time duration of further inquiry is just unbelievable......Is a shame.

PD date 7/29/08
ID 11/13/08 PASSED but the intimidating IO forgot to give me N-652.
OL?
OD?

Atlanta

First of all, Congrats Marty!

I am in the same boat as you were, going to send a demand letter to them all, then file a 1447b if they don't wake up before long.

One thing I found is that Rosemary L. Melville is in San Francisco office, not in Atlanta. The Atlanta District Director appears to be Denise Frazier the best I can tell.

Other Atlanta names I could find out there:

Atlanta Field Office Director: Pamela Hutchings (not anymore???)

Atlanta Field Director: Bertha Johnson (only one mention that I can find on Google)

So I am going to put Denise Frazier, but should the prefix be Ms or Mrs? No idea...

First of all, Congrats Marty!

I am in the same boat as you were, going to send a demand letter to them all, then file a 1447b if they don't wake up before long.

One thing I found is that Rosemary L. Melville is in San Francisco office, not in Atlanta. The Atlanta District Director appears to be Denise Frazier the best I can tell.

Other Atlanta names I could find out there:

Atlanta Field Office Director: Pamela Hutchings (not anymore???)

Atlanta Field Director: Bertha Johnson (only one mention that I can find on Google)

So I am going to put Denise Frazier, but should the prefix be Ms or Mrs? No idea...
Marty's post was from May..positions most likely changed since then.

Marty's post was from May..positions most likely changed since then.

Well maybe they don't change quite that often. Either way it doesn't make a big difference, the letter should get to the right person anyway I hope, esp. since I'm putting NOTICE OF LEGAL ACTION as the subject. :)