Passed Interview, no oath letter yet ......

I just got my Oath letter Yesterday. gosh, you guys have no Idea how much i was happy. I would like to thank Vorpal and NoInterviewDate and Yes you guys are right. good luck for all of you.
sent N400 11/15/2008
Interview 3/9/09
FBI interview 5/11/09
receive OL 8/28/2009
OD 9/3/2009

I just got my Oath letter Yesterday. gosh, you guys have no Idea how much i was happy. I would like to thank Vorpal and NoInterviewDate and Yes you guys are right. good luck for all of you.
sent N400 11/15/2008
Interview 3/9/09
FBI interview 5/11/09
receive OL 8/28/2009
OD 9/3/2009

Very happy to hear the good news. Wonderful! Told ya it would be ok!:D:D

WW2G, thanks....I didn't spend who knows how long searching google for NID this time...thanks....:eek::eek:

You are one of the lucky one's who's application processed very quickly. :D

You are one of the lucky one's who's application processed very quickly.

Thanks NID,

Yup, it powered through. It was pretty straight forward as I had nothing in the problem areas. There were a few short trips but all were under two weeks and all a year apart. No Citations arrests etc. Just a plain old vanilla application.

I think the toughest part the IO had to deal with was reading my shaky old handwriting for the "George Washington" writing question. :D

I am very excited.

Note to self...
Cruise control, always cruise control, always cruise control. :)

Case approved, no oath letter

Can anyone share your thoughts for my case? Or, if anyone in the same boat as mine?

I have passed my interview on 9/11/09 and checked with infopass and my case was approved and oath date was ordered. However, there is no oath letter after 3 weeks. I checked with infopass again and the officer told me that I gave them impression that I will have future travel plan so they don't schedule me for the oath. Well, I did disclose that but I was only saying that I have plan but I will go after I have my oath.
I had wrote a letter which was originally planned to be passed to the supervisor but the IO received it and I don't know if he just put into my file or would give it to someone, like scheduling team. After 3 working days, I call CS line but my status is still the same - approved and waiting.

I remember I saw someone post that he went traveling after interview and came back then requested for an oath and got it. However, I couldn't find it anymore. Have anyone seen any similar case?

Thanks!

You said customer service line said you are still in the same status, but did you talk to a supervisor? I personally would just keep on at them so they don't 'forget' me and just keep reminding them you need the letter.
All the best

I applied for expedited passport on September 14 and I still don't have it! I even called the number and they said 'it's processing'. Yeah but processing expedited is supposed to take 2-3 weeks! I don't know what it is about my applications for anything but they always take AGES longer than they should.
I paid double the fee for expedited too. Grrrrrrr.
I have sent off an email through their customer service line but don't hold out any hopes of being refunded the extra payment, but it is VERY annoying.

Grrrrrr again.

OK vent over....for now.

I applied for expedited passport on September 14 and I still don't have it! I even called the number and they said 'it's processing'. Yeah but processing expedited is supposed to take 2-3 weeks! I don't know what it is about my applications for anything but they always take AGES longer than they should.
I paid double the fee for expedited too. Grrrrrrr.
I have sent off an email through their customer service line but don't hold out any hopes of being refunded the extra payment, but it is VERY annoying.

Grrrrrr again.

OK vent over....for now.

Did you track the application by mail? If it's been more than the posted estimated processing time of 2-3 weeks and they haven't indicated any issues with the application on your part you may try to get them to refund you the expedited fee by writing to them. Mention the expedited processing standard in 22 CFR 51.56 in your letter.

You said customer service line said you are still in the same status, but did you talk to a supervisor? I personally would just keep on at them so they don't 'forget' me and just keep reminding them you need the letter.
All the best

Do you mean the supervisor in the customer service line or at the infopass? I tried infopass today and the officer still told me the same thing. She even told me to stay low profile at this stage and wait. She said to write or have some people look at the file might slow the things more. I requested to speak to a supervisor and she said he is not available.
She told me my case is fine and approved. She didn't see the message that I was on hold due to future traveling plan. I am waiting in the Queue to be scheduled. She even didn't suggest me to pass a letter to any supervisor.

She only said that if I have any family emergency, they might be able to move things faster.

Any guys have suggestions on this?

Thanks Bob. I called the state dept line again today and was still told it's in processing. The guy I spoke to said he didn't know why it was taking so long and gave me the email address to request a refund of the expedited fee. I have done that once but will do it again.

What is 22 CFR 51.56? I am going to mention it in my email but have no clue what it is!

Thanks again

Sue

Thanks Bob. I called the state dept line again today and was still told it's in processing. The guy I spoke to said he didn't know why it was taking so long and gave me the email address to request a refund of the expedited fee. I have done that once but will do it again.

What is 22 CFR 51.56? I am going to mention it in my email but have no clue what it is!

Thanks again

Sue

CFR stands for Code of Federal Regulations

CFR 51.56

PART 51_PASSPORTS--Table of Contents

Subpart D_Fees

Sec. 51.56 Expedited passport processing.

(a) Within the United States, an applicant for passport service
(including issuance, replacement or the addition of visa pages) may
request expedited processing. The Department may decline to accept the
request.
(b) Expedited passport processing shall mean completing processing
within the number of business days published on the Department's
website, consistent with the purposes of expedited processing,
commencing when the application reaches a Passport Agency or, if the
application is already with a Passport Agency commencing when the
request for expedited processing is approved. The processing will be
considered completed when the passport is ready to be picked up by the
applicant or is mailed to the applicant, or a letter of passport denial
is transmitted to the applicant.
(c) A fee is charged for expedited passport processing (see 22 CFR
51.51(c)). The fee does not cover any costs of mailing above the normal
level of service regularly provided by the Department. The cost of
expedited mailing must be paid by the applicant.
(d) The Department will not charge the fee for expedited passport
processing if the Department's error, mistake or delay caused the need
for expedited processing.

Thank you very much for the info guys.

This whole process from application to passport has dragged out for no reason that I can see whatsoever and it's disappointing and frustrating. You think you are done with everything and then it seems you are not! :(:cool:

Received Oath Letter

I received Oath Letter (both self and spouse) scheduled for Oct 27th 2009 at 10:00 AM from NBC. I thank you all for your inputs and help.

I wish you all good luck who are waiting for interview or oath letters.

Pass interview, case approved, no oath letter

Can someone share your comments on this? I have passed my interview for over one month and told my case was approved on 9/23 and oath date being ordered. However, no result till now.

I tried infopass but the officer just told me to wait. Can I insist on asking for a senior Adjudication officer or anyone supervisor? Would that help?
Or, should I write to my interview officer or Dean of the district officer?

I saw many happy people in my district they got their OL in less one week.
I am so frustrated about this.:(

Can someone share your comments on this? I have passed my interview for over one month and told my case was approved on 9/23 and oath date being ordered. However, no result till now.

I tried infopass but the officer just told me to wait. Can I insist on asking for a senior Adjudication officer or anyone supervisor? Would that help?
Or, should I write to my interview officer or Dean of the district officer?

I saw many happy people in my district they got their OL in less one week.
I am so frustrated about this.:(

Finally got my OL for 11/19. Though it's late, it's better than never.
So, I guess when they said I was approved, it's real.

Good luck!!