Parolee re-enter on H1-B

cerruti2827

Registered Users (C)
I am on AP ( parolee) for last few weeks. I want to go outof US and re-enter through Ottawa with new H1-B stamp. Assuming I have H1-B stamp on passport, will there be any problem at POE? i have read about many people who were in my situation were insisted on re-entering on advance parole.

I am on AP ( parolee) for last few weeks. I want to go outof US and re-enter through Ottawa with new H1-B stamp. Assuming I have H1-B stamp on passport, will there be any problem at POE? i have read about many people who were in my situation were insisted on re-entering on advance parole.

if you get H1 stamp then you can enter on H1 status. if coming by Air then fill I-94 form and they will stamp. POE is in Canada airports before you take flight to US. If coming by Car then at Border POE you may have to go to POE office for I-94 they will charge 5 or 6$ for I-94.Every border post has office.

yes, but I have read here that many people who used AP before, were forced to re-enter on AP depsite having a new valid H1-B visa stamp

yes, but I have read here that many people who used AP before, were forced to re-enter on AP depsite having a new valid H1-B visa stamp

I don’t know where you read that and who posted that. I don’t know what was shown by person at POE. May be the person showed AP AND H1 visa in passport or may be the CBP officer was new. If you have H1 valid visa stamp and job with US employer just show the valid H1 visa stamp in passport and get I-94. If officer seems to be new or says you must use AP then you can talk to supervisor.
* don’t show AP and show only H1 valid visa stamp if want to enter on H1.

To elaborate more, it took themexactly 50 minutes to process me. I was asked to sit in waiting area ( no one else was waiting). The IO kept going in and out of his office. Finally, they figured out that I was previously on AP status and now entering on H1-B. During these 50 minutes, I wasnt asked any questions, but constant reassuring or sometimes apologies for taking so long ( what a pleasant surpirse- a polite IO!!)