parents visiting visa denied

taydawgg

Registered Users (C)
My parents got denied when applied for visiting visa in China. This is the third time that they got denied in 2 years. I have GC in AS06 status. It seems to me the visa officer simply don't like to give visiting visa to asylee's family members. Is there anyone successfully invite their parents while in AS06 status?

you are absolutely right, they don't like AS06, my mother-inlaw was refused three times, and we finally gave up, my wife had to go back to see her....

My parents got denied when applied for visiting visa in China. This is the third time that they got denied in 2 years. I have GC in AS06 status. It seems to me the visa officer simply don't like to give visiting visa to asylee's family members. Is there anyone successfully invite their parents while in AS06 status?

I am sorry to hear this. You have to wait for your citizenship.

The reality is that Chinese applicants have a very tough time getting visitor's visas. They have a very high propensity to overstay. So much for being an emerging super power!!!

I am sorry to hear this. You have to wait for your citizenship.

What is the difference once I become US citizen? Don't the visa officers have information in their computer system showing I had obtained my citizenship via asylum, and still give my parents hard time?

What is the difference once I become US citizen? Don't the visa officers have information in their computer system showing I had obtained my citizenship via asylum, and still give my parents hard time?

When you are a citizen you can sponsor them to immigrate to the United States. They will arrive in the United States as green card holders. The visa officer cannot give them a "hard time" as long as you have enough money to support them and they do not have medical/criminal issues. The discretion that visa officers have is for non-immigrant cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is not that you applied for and got asylum (though that certainly did not help). The issue is that overall Chinese applicants have an uphill battle. Even if you got your green card via your employer their application most likely would still have been denied. The problem is that the too many Chinese nationals want to live in the United States.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you are a citizen you can sponsor them to immigrate to the United States. They will arrive in the United States as green card holders. The visa officer cannot give them a "hard time" as long as you have enough money to support them and they do not have medical/criminal issues. The discretion that visa officers have is for non-immigrant cases.

Thanks for the reply. Since the processing time to have my parents immigrate to US takes long time, I certainly wish that they can come early via visiting visa. Will there be any difference for the discretion of the visa officers toward GC AS06 holder vs citizen for their non-immigrant visa application?