Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

drgeorge/second stage,

Can one of you post the format for affidavit..was it similar to one that is on this forum.

Also,how do u get non availability certificate..My parents were born in village in Tamil Nadu..how did u guys get this ..also, can u please post the content of this non availability certificate..

thanks

drgeorge/second stage,

Can one of you post the format for affidavit..was it similar to one that is on this forum.

Also,how do u get non availability certificate..My parents were born in village in Tamil Nadu..how did u guys get this ..also, can u please post the content of this non availability certificate..

thanks

Hi Shanks1975, Its similar to the one posted in the forum.

Your parents village would have a local tashildhar office or panchyat office and they may have a legal form related to "Non-Availability of Birth"

redspace got Gc for his mom: 09/12 to 04/10

#571 10th April 2009, 09:15 PM
redspace
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2008

Location - San Jose for my mom

09/12/08 130+485 sent to Chicago.
09/15/08 NOA.
10/03/08 485 status show online
10/07/08 FF done.
10/10/08 LUD for 485: "Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred"
03/10/09 REF for out of dated physical exam form
03/16/09 Sent back REF
04/03/09 Approval notice
04/10/09 Received welcome letter

Question about Birth Cerrtificate

Friends,

My Birth Certificate was not registered till 2001.which was almost 24 years after i was born.I am planning to use this Birth Certificate for my I 130 application for my mom.

Is this okay?I have been told that USCIS is not accepting Birth Certificates that have been registered late.

If thats the case,I do have affidavits from my parents statinig that I am their son.Will that work?

Has any one submitted I 130 by using a Birth Certificate of the petitioner that was registered late..Please help

Do you have any secondary evidence such as school records? Submit them along with the birth cert.

You need to worry about this only if you receive an RFE.. submit the documents you have, and try to collect secondary evidence that you can use if you get an RFE. I suggest affidavits from people other than your parents, religious records etc.

George

Friends,

My Birth Certificate was not registered till 2001.which was almost 24 years after i was born.I am planning to use this Birth Certificate for my I 130 application for my mom.

Is this okay?I have been told that USCIS is not accepting Birth Certificates that have been registered late.

If thats the case,I do have affidavits from my parents statinig that I am their son.Will that work?

Has any one submitted I 130 by using a Birth Certificate of the petitioner that was registered late..Please help

2008 Filers

Any 2008 filers who is waiting for GC for their parents please post your time line
I filed my inlaw's case on oct 27 2008
they had their Fingure prints done in Dec 2008
Their case got transfered to California in Jan 2008
after this they are just waiting.

Filed from NYC

I am trying to estimate time for their approval.

Thanks

Any 2008 filers who is waiting for GC for their parents please post your time line
I filed my inlaw's case on oct 27 2008
they had their Fingure prints done in Dec 2008
Their case got transfered to California in Jan 2008
after this they are just waiting.

Filed from NYC

I am trying to estimate time for their approval.

Thanks

HOTGUY in NYC: CSC is stating 6 months from the time case got transferred to them. I guess you can not obtai infopass till July 1st week. Sit tight. No point getting anxious.

While I feel joyous at some of the approvals reported here, I also get confused on what order CSC processes cases. some of the filers who filed later than you and me have already got their 130/485 approvals and obtained GC. Good for them, I am happy. We have to to be patient and show belief in their system.

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd FP notice recieved?

I just received a 2nd FP notice for my Mom's I485. It says that the first ones were not readable by FBI. The date and time on the notice is for May 1. I wanted to find out if we can just walk in there in the next couple of days to get it done sooner than May 1?? The location is Naperville, IL.

Here is the timeline for my Mom,

Mailed to USCIS 10/14/2008
NOA Received 10/20/2008
Biometrics Completed 11/12/2008
RFE Response 12/4/2008
Case Transferred to CSC 12/16/2008
EAD ordered 1/17/2009
EAD received 1/29/2009
2nd FP Notice 04/22/2009 :mad:
I-130 Approval ??
Interview Scheduled ??
GC Received ??

Update

my father inlaw's case has an update
that case is transfered and pending at office that is transfered for 485 and i-130 both.

I called USCIS they make me so angry that they freaking read the script and do not want to give you any specific information.

and even after 6 month is passed since case is filed all they can do is put service request and you get information in mail. this is not what you expect after paying those big fees.

I noticed calling USCIS just makes me angry so decided I will not call them no more.

I will see after six month passes I will make an infopass and find more info from NYC office.

after johnncass recomendetion i am planning to apply for my father soon and he is usa.
but i have couple of questions.
1)there are 4 tpypes of G435 forms(435,435A,435B,435C) i dont know which one i should fill.

I assume you mean G325 form as there is no G435. For AOS, use the G325A

Check out the i-485 instructions:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

2)in one of forms it is asking his current status.
he came here as tourist and his 1-94 has been expired 2 months ago.
he applied to change his status from tourist to student.so his current status is still pending.what should i write in that part.
He's out of status.
3)do i need to translate his marriage certificate.i think in one of the post i seen that if you apply only one of your parents you should not translate.Is this correct.
Yes, it should be translated. USCIS instructions state that anyone can translate if they include a certified letter stating they are fluent in both languages.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

good luck for your mom
1)did you file g325 or G325A? there are for types of G325 files.and did you fill two of G325 one for you one for your mom.

Use G-325A

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf
2)my father came two usa 2-3 times within last 5 years.should i put in the time in application he spent here as answer to;list last five years of your resident date and place
No, as he did not reside in the US, he was only visiting.
3)the last quest.He came here as visitor and his 1-94 has been expired yet he as an pending application from visitor to student.what should write in application for his current status.
any comments
thanks
Out of status.

Help needed from Volunteers to import relevant data here

While I continue to update all the relevant information for parent's AOS filing, this thread could use some help by the volunteers to import ( ok Copy and Paste) data relevant from so many other threads running parallely on this forum. Particularly if volunteers could find timeline data (ONLY for Parents) from other monthly threads, and copy-paste it here, it will be a big help. The data will help guessing the timelines for parents under process (uder duress)

Thanks in advance.

Received Biometric notice

Today received Received Biometric notice for mom and scheduled on 05/08/09
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04/08/09:BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
04/09/09:BD1: Fedex Delivered the package to the destination.
04/16/09:BD9: Checks cashed from my bank account
04/24/09 : Received Biometric notice (appointment date 05/8/09)

my Dad's case -

I-130 and I-485 filed - 02/07/09
FP done - 3/4/09
Interview date (SFO) - 5/14/09

Totally frustrating not to be able to access the status of mom's case online.What can I do now?Call the 1-800 number?Experiences with this anyone?

Thanks!

Totally frustrating not to be able to access the status of mom's case online.What can I do now?Call the 1-800 number?Experiences with this anyone?

Thanks!
I would be little more patient since your mother's FP is done couple of weeks back. Check my Dad's timeline, that can give some idea on when to expect the interview/approval. I have seen case status not available in many cases, including mine. If I were you, I would not call 800 number.

RFE for my Dad's 485...5 months after 2nd FP

I just got the news that we have received a RFE for my Dad's application. He had his second FP in early DEC. The RFE seems to say (I haven't seen it yet as I am still in office) that the fingerprints could not be matched and they have asked for a clearance record from the local law enforcement agency.

Does this mean they need a clearance certificate from the police in the city/district where he lived in India?

Any similar experiences?

Vinayak

I just got the news that we have received a RFE for my Dad's application. He had his second FP in early DEC. The RFE seems to say (I haven't seen it yet as I am still in office) that the fingerprints could not be matched and they have asked for a clearance record from the local law enforcement agency.

Does this mean they need a clearance certificate from the police in the city/district where he lived in India?

Any similar experiences?

Vinayak

Vinayak:
Is this AOS case or CP case?
I have not read anywhere, USCIS depending upon foreign establishment to provide them with sensitive information such as FP clearance.

Seems like 2nd FP notice receivers , indeed, go through more screening process for FBI clearance. Unfortunately, parents, after working for 40/50/60 years lose their fingerprints and have to go through extended process?

TheRealCanadian, SKG-TC, JohnyCash, other moderatos, any comments on this?