Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

Finally got the welcome letter.. Was getting nervous since I saw many approvals online from November. The online status still has LUD 03/08/09..

Looks like transfer to CSC does get things done quicker - no interview - 4 mos 3 weeks in our case...

Good luck to everyone out there, and hope to get the actual card soon

Parent GC stuck at background check

I have gone through all posts in this thread and looks like I’m the unlucky one :( I am US citizen and applied GC for my Dad. Here’s the time line:

- Mailed application (I-130, I-485 and I-131 etc.) 02/2008
- FP in 03/2008
- FP again in 04/2008 since FBI can not process the first one
- Case transferred to CSC in 04/2008
- Got AP in 04/2008
- No update since that. Online status always says case pending at CSC.
- Called 1-800 number in 01/2009 and later got a letter saying case is under background check.

Now my questions are:

(1) My Dad went back to home country for about 9 months (07/2008 – 04/2009) and is back to US now. Would this contribute to the delay in his case? He has no overstay or anything else unusual.

(2) If his case is stuck at background check, is there anything I can do to speed it up? I’ve heard people talking about suing the USCIS? Is this useful? How do I do that?

Has anyone out there been through the same long waiting period, particularly stuck at the step of background check? How did you get out? I would really appreciate your insight on this. Thanks!!!

bwong: Your case is exceptional and needs a special treatment. My friendly suggestion to you is to post a separate thread ( copy-paste) and ask help from moderators. If that did not help you, then you can contact Rajeev Khanna and take from there.
I do not know your dad and his background but this delay in normal circumstances is beyond imagination. It should have been all over within your given time frame.
Wish you all the best.

TC: SKG, Jonny Cash, and other experts, your help is highly appreciated in this matter.

marriage certificate/affidavit for parents..help needed please

Hello All

I am planning to sponsor my parents too..I need help with few documents.
As everybody is aware,we dont have marraige certificates of parents in India..My parents are 70 years old and there is no way they can get marriage certificates.

I do have a birth certificate with both of my parents name..But I need sampel format for marriage certificate affidavit..If anybody has one, please send it out to me..or piost it here..I will be really grateful..

My parents will be travelling next week from Bombay..and I would like to get this done while they come here..

Also , is there any other documentation I should ask them to get along with them here..My plan is to file the 130/485 concurrently..please let me know..

Also,does anybody know how to get a non availability certificate from municpality for marriages..Somewhere I read that in addition to the two affidavits, we should also get a certgificagte saying from municipality that the marriage certificatre is not available..please help
thanks in advance,
Shanks

Checks cashed 3 days ago and but no receipt details

Checks cashed 3 days ago and but no receipt details , online bank check doesn't have any details and sorry we don't have information at this time message displayed .Is there any other way to find receipt details or wait for INS to send letters?

------------------------------------------------------------------
04/08/09:BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
04/09/09:BD1: Fedex Delivered the package to the destination.
04/16/09:BD9: Checks cashed from my bank account

Thank you second stage ..i will wait for couple more days... I hope i am also lucky like WeiWei99 who got GC in 2 months.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Vasu

Checks cashed 3 days ago and but no receipt details , online bank check doesn't have any details and sorry we don't have information at this time message displayed .Is there any other way to find receipt details or wait for INS to send letters?

04/08/09:BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)

Can you please let me know the documents you had sent along with I 130 AND i 485.

I am particularly interested in birth certificate and marriage certificate.I dont have a birth certificate for my mother which needs to be send along with i 485.

Also I dont have a marriage certificae for my parents which needs to be sent along with I 130 FOR FATHER..please advise..thanks

Can you please let me know the documents you had sent along with I 130 AND i 485.

I am particularly interested in birth certificate and marriage certificate.I dont have a birth certificate for my mother which needs to be send along with i 485.

Also I dont have a marriage certificae for my parents which needs to be sent along with I 130 FOR FATHER..please advise..thanks

I finallly found the affidavtis..its available here..

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=202993

For all those people from India, do we need to get this afffidavits on a stamp paper..or should it be on normal paper..If its stamp paper what is the value of the stamp paper

shankar

And now who all can sign these affidavits:
A. Church record: A copy of a document bearing the seal of the church, showing the baptism, dedication or comparable rite occurred within two months after birth, and showing the date and place of the child's birth, date of the religious ceremony, and the names of the child's parents.

B. School record: A letter from the authority (preferably the first school attended) showing the date of admission to the school, the child's date of birth or age at that time, place of birth, and names of the parents.

C. Census record: State or Federal census record showing the names, place of birth, date of birth, or the age of the person listed.

D. Affidavits: Written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons who were living at the time and who have personal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove. For example, the date and place of birth, marriage or death. The person making the affidavit does not have to be a U.S. citizen. Each affidavit should contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name, address, date and place of birth, and his or her relationship to you, if any, full information concerning the event, and complete details explaining how the person acquired knowledge of the event.

Received Mom's Green Card in the mail today.. hopefully that concludes this affair with USCIS..

Good luckto everyone.. and please update when you receive approval. I have been noticing several members who don't bother to post once they get approval.. this information is valuable to everyone who uses the forum

George

father case

after johnncass recomendetion i am planning to apply for my father soon and he is usa.
but i have couple of questions.
1)there are 4 tpypes of G435 forms(435,435A,435B,435C) i dont know which one i should fill.
2)in one of forms it is asking his current status.
he came here as tourist and his 1-94 has been expired 2 months ago.
he applied to change his status from tourist to student.so his current status is still pending.what should i write in that part.
3)do i need to translete his marriage certificate.i think in one of the post i seen that if you apply only one of your parents you should not translate.Is this correct.

Here is mine:

I-130 & I-485: 10 Oct 2008
Case Transferred to:California
Transfer Date:29 Oct 2008
Fingerprinting / Biometrics Date: 04 Nov 2008
EAD Approval Date:19 Dec 2008
RFE Received Date: 21 Mar 2009
Reason for RFE: Fingerprint failed 2nd time, needs certificate of conducts
RFE Replied Date: 07 Apr 2009
4/17/2009: No online update confirming the receipt of the RFE reply or resuming of the case. Worried and waiting.... =(

Received notices for I-130,I-485,I-131 from USCIS with notice date 04/15/09
04/167/09: Received notices from USCIS with NOA DATE 04/15/09

Received notices for I-130,I-485,I-131 from USCIS with notice date 04/15/09
good luck for your mom
1)did you file g325 or G325A? there are for types of G325 files.and did you fill two of G325 one for you one for your mom.
2)my father came two usa 2-3 times within last 5 years.should i put in the time in application he spent here as answer to;list last five years of your resident date and place
3)the last quest.He came here as visitor and his 1-94 has been expired yet he as an pending application from visitor to student.what should write in application for his current status.
any comments
thanks

Affidavit of support

Applied only for mom, we got 2 affidavits of support from Grandma & mom's maternal uncle...I guess on 20 RS bond/stamp paper.

G-325A, I-864,I-864A(SPOUSE as household member) & employment verification letters,MOM PASSPORT COPY,I-94, I-131,-I-485,tax trascripts from IRS for last 3 years

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay..I am scared now after reading the following

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=296440

I am scared after reading trhe above post..So does that mean that USCIS wont take affidavits..My parents are from India and I was planning to file with affidavits from two persons elder to them that would provide affidavits for birth and mariage..

For those of you from India,did affidavits work..or did u run in to same issue as above poist..Also, did u have to funrish non availabilty certificare..thanks
shanks

Applied only for mom, we got 2 affidavits of support from Grandma & mom's maternal uncle...I guess on 20 RS bond/stamp paper.

G-325A, I-864,I-864A(SPOUSE as household member) & employment verification letters,MOM PASSPORT COPY,I-94, I-131,-I-485,tax trascripts from IRS for last 3 years

Thanks VASU,What is i864A .Is it needed?
Thanks
Shanks

List of documents required to file for Parents

I'll most likely file for my parents end of April and anticipate getting NOA's in May. Am posting in multiple threads since some threads die quickly than others and the list of documents below could help future filers.

Here are some caveats:

1. I don't have a birth cert.
2. My parents don't have a birth cert nor marriage cert.
3. My parents are on B-2(Visitor's) visa.

I will be including the following:

1. Cover letter for I-130 for my mom.
  • Check for $355.00
  • Copy of my U.S Passport.
  • Non-Available of Birth Cert showing my name and my mom's name.
  • Notarized Birth Affidavit from my mom that she is my mother.

2. Cover letter for I-130 for my dad.
  • Check for $355.00
  • Copy of my U.S Passport.
  • Non-Available of Birth Cert showing my name and my dad's name.
  • Notarized Birth Affidavit from my Dad that he is my father.
  • Notarized Marriage Affidavit from my Dad that he & mom married.
  • Notarized Marriage Affidavit from my GrandFather that he witnessed my parents wedding.

3. Cover letter from my dad for AOS.
  • Check for $1010.00(Fee for I-131, I-765, I-485 and Bio-metrics)
  • Six Passport photos(two each for I-131, I-765, I-485)
  • G325A - all four pages.
  • Copy of I-94(front and back)
  • Copy of dad's passport.
  • I-693 - sealed medical envelope for dad.
  • Non-Available of Birth Cert for dad.
  • Notarized Birth Affidavit from my GrandFather that he witnessed my dad's birth.
  • I-864 - Affidavit of support includes past 3 years of IRS tax transcripts, current W-2 and current letter of employment.

4. Cover letter from my mom for AOS.
  • Check for $1010.00(Fee for I-131, I-765, I-485 and Bio-metrics)
  • Six Passport photos(two each for I-131, I-765, I-485)
  • G325A - all four pages.
  • Copy of I-94(front and back)
  • Copy of mom's passport.
  • I-693 - sealed medical envelope for mom.
  • Non-Available of Birth Cert for mom
  • Notarized BirthAffidavit from my GrandFather that he witnessed my mom's birth.
  • I-864 - Affidavit of support includes past 3 years of IRS tax transcripts, current W-2 and current letter of employment

Am I missing anything else?