Details

Packet-3 sent to St.Louis on 02/21/02
Packet-3 reached NVC on 03/04/02.
Operator told me that it will take 6-8 weeks for review and sending
it to consulate.

update

pkt3 recvd by attorney 02/05/2002
pkt3 sent to St. Louis 02/20/2002
pkt3 recvd by NVC(portsmouth) 02/28/2002.

question about Step 6

WatchTSC - Thanks for the details on the time frame. Just one question on your Step 6 - do you really think that the Consulate takes 3 months to schedule an interview once they receive Pkt 3 from NVC?? Did you get that information from NVC? Looking at the recent experiences of some, I thought the consulate (at least Madras) schedules interview within 4 weeks from receipt of Pkt 3 from NVC.

Feedback

Don\'t think you need any extra documents to sent to St. Louis other than the money order, the bar coded page, and the completed 230 Part 1 (which is pretty basic information).

For Pkt 4 to reach your local address, request your lawyer to send a cover letter to the Consulate. If it is the Madras Consulate, you can send a email to them giving your case # and your local address.

Bar coded letter would have been received by your lawyer from NVC to be mailed to St. Louis along with your money order.

Hope that helps.

details

P3 received from NVC 2/4/02
P3 sent to St. Louis 2/5/02
P3 Received at NVC from STL 2/14/2002

Called on 3/4/02. They say it\'ll take 6-8 weeks. Waiting....

What is included in Pk3 apart from the forms- like copies of cetificates and so on?

Do they send pkt 3 to lawyer\'s office??

My I-140 approval notice says "NVC will contact the person for whom you are petitioning concerning further immigrant visa processing steps."

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks
Watchtsc

Hi kprajan

If the consulate is scheduling in one month..thats really a great news..

Can you please give some more details on that..did u get that information from cptracker.

Shanks

We can do of our own.

Just get the pkt3 from lawyer & do of your own.
Thats what I am going to do. Any way most of the lawyer do not support any problem occured during CP inteview in India.

NVC is really taking 6-8 weeks!

Looking at your dates, it seems to me that NVC does take 6-8 weeks to send P3 to the consulate! This is not good. In this case I will get an interview somewhere in June/July...

-XML

docs sent to NVC St. Louis

Hi Shanks,
 Yes I had my Packet 3 ready before I got it from NVC. But to our (myself and our lawyer), they asked us to send only the following docs, which is written in their letter.
1. DS-230 Part I
2. Bar code doc (one sheet), they sent us. This is a must.
3. Required fee mentioned in there.
4. A covering letter from the attorney.
5. My attorney also enclosed form G-28 (Notice of entry of apprearance as attorney or representative) for each application.

All these were sent in a envelope (self addressed to St. Louis, don\'t send it to NVC, Portsmouth, NH) which came alone with the P3. For the present address in US and permanent address in US columns in DS-230, we gave the US address only. I am not sure where they will send the P4 to the address mentioned in the P3 or to the address given in the passport. But anyway we can download the same from the web or some authorized person can get it from the consulate at India.
Thanks
Vish

Hi you are right

Hi,
 I sent my P3 to St. Louis on 1/29/2002 and NVC, NH received it on 2/8/2002 (one week delay). As on 3/6/2002 (almost a month) , they haven\'t verified the docs yet. They are saying it will take 6-8 weeks to process and looks like it is taking that much time. No kidding.
Thanks
Vish

Call NVC number

Hi, After sending the P3 to St. Louis, it will take a week for them to send it to NVC, NH. After a week or 10 days you can call NVC at the following number (603-334-0700) to find about the status. It will take 6-8 weeks for them to verify the docs and send it to Indian consulate.
Thanks
Vish

Thanks Vish

Thanks for the detailed info.
Which is ur consulate ??
Mine is Mumbai..
Since NVC is taking so much time, do u think our interviews would get scheduled earlier??

Shanks

my thoughts

what I dont get is why does NVC take so long to review one sheet of paper... The consulate will review it again anyway. This is in my opinion just a delay tactic thats all to try to increase CP time to 6 months instead. This way more people will start to opt for i 485 since they can use portability rule instead

did any one get his case reviewed and was it send to consulate

NVC is moving at snails pace..
Why do they need 6-8 weeks to review two sheets of paper..
We are paying 260 $ in advance too and they should actually speed up the process..

Shankar