Packet3-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate tracker

Has anyone completed the NVC process for CP at all ?

Dont see any post which indicates so; just so that we can get an idea about how long it takes....

No Title

You know what else worries me .. is that State Department is saying that the Visa numbers will be good untill the end of this fiscal year but after that they may begin to retrogress. The end of this fiscal year is Sept 30 2002. Also people are predicting that this new retrogression will be even worse than the previous one..

Another thought

Some optimistic thinking here but still I dont think that the consulate will take up 2-3 months or more to schedule interviews anymore. Cuz now all applications have to go through the new NVC process. Also if you guys followed previous threads for every 2 months in advance the threads would be full.. (example New delhi Dec Interview tracker, Mumabi Jan Tracker etc). Has anyone seen anything for April or May for any Indian Consulate. There are very very few people with confirmed postings. So my theory is that initially at least the Indian US consulates should schedule interviews within a month itself for the new NVC process applicants and it should not take longer than that. As the volume of people applying increases,it will probably get back to the normal 1.5 -2 months scheduling delay.
So PROBABLY the Feb people who applications reached the NVC back from St Louis will get review by mid -end of March with Mid April-Early May interview dates

I think this new procedure is nothing but red tapism !!!

It will slow down the process to maybe 5-8 months from 4-6 months after the 140. I am also not sure whether the consulates are ready for this new process. Also, I think the first few lot of folks from Feb to April may be used to train folks at NVC and consulates towards the new process. This will slow the process for now but should pick up in a couple of months.

But whatever they do its 1000\'s of times better than TSC !!!!
TSC sucks !!!

where are the people who have got interview dates?

I dont know what is happening to all the people who have had p3 sent to consulate... why are they not posting their details here, I am not being an assh****, just that if I am posting my nvc details here I would definotely comeback to post when p3 sent ot consulate and the amount of time before I get notice of Interview date. Its like there is that info missing here,which would enable us to get a estimate of time between NVC and interview
VJ

Cool down Brother ! We are all in same boat..

My P 3 reached NVC on 2/14th. Nothing happened after that. NVC is taking it\'s own sweat time to review it. I do not think NVC reviewed anybody\'s case who opted for CP in India, who are posting here.

BUT I noticed some interesting things on Chennai consulate\'s web site. There are some case numbers which starts from MDR2002XXXXX with E3/2 category scheduled for interview in March. I believe some case numbers have been forwarded to chennai consulate in feb from NVC.
Did anybody notice that?

But are sure this cases are the ones that took the new process at NVC

If all those cases at Chennai followed the new route..yes then its surely a great news..

shanks

I checked Mumbai appt list too..

There were quite a few 2002 case numbers..so what does that mean..
is that a good news..

shanks

dodda100..

i am getting bit concerned here..because I have not seen a single posting saying that NVC has forwarded the case to Consulate..

When did u send Packet-3 to NVC..are they still saying 6-8 weeks...

I am expecting to get my packet-3 by march15th,do u think i would get a july date..

shanks.

No Title

I think they don\'t have to train NVC guys because this procedure is already in place for consulates like Montreal. In the case of India its less work for them, because its just form and money they need to review. But I\'m afraid of the time they would take for review application because they are reviewing applications for all the consulates (not just the Indian consulates) that follows this procedure.
According to following posting it took exactly 3 months to review them for Montreal consulate. But it could be different (hopefully little bit faster ) for Indian consulates.
jiang "Montreal CP Done Finally - a tense moment" 3/8/02 8:51am

This whole process sucks. Its just a bottleneck.

But hopefully consulate should not take 2-3 months now.

guys, chill out! and bring your anxiety levels down.

this is a new procedure for some consulates and i am
sure NVC will have some catch up time to do, to give
an example, if you clearly see cptracker site, even
though many approved I140s forwarded to NVC, they sent
out pkt3 only at the last half of january. just have
patience and i think we will definitely know about the
status in another two weeks atleast from some folks. and
regarding witholding info from posting, i dont think any
one is doing it. its just that no one has heard anything
yet.
sk

My P3 detais..

My I-140 approved in dec/11(after RFE)
case created on Jan/14
P3 received on jan/31
P3 sent to st Louis on Feb/4
P3 reached NVC on 2/14.
whan I called NVC after sending P3 to st. Louis, they said 6-8 weeks to review. Once again I am going to call them on next week around 14th hoping some good news...

Interview may be earlier

Shanks,
 What I am hearing is that, since all docs checks are done here itself, they may schedule the interview ahead of normal time. But it all depends on the number of regular CP cases pending with them. It is first come first served basis at the Indian Consulate.
Thanks
Vish

Hi Vish, can u please tell me where did u hear that from.

Thats a good news..
Did u find that at some website..
can u also please update cptracker..I dont see ur name there..

Shanks

this case is exceptional because of his fbi check problem which is

why it took 2-3 months for him. i would not use this as a benchmark for timeframes though

I thoght the whole adv of CP was quickness.....

Okay,
That is right, if we see interview dates being granted in 2 weeks time that means 8 weeks for those folks who sent p3 2nd half jan or 2 months...wot a fun, I am not being sarcastic but if CP is taking 6 months min, JUST go for AOS at least we get EAD quickly.
VJ