Packet3-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate tracker

Latest developments in NVC case review for CP-ers

Guys,
 Latest developments in NVC case review for CP-ers.

Good news.
 1. NVC is reviewing P3 in about 4 weeks after receiving it from St. Louis. This is better than 6-8 weeks suggested by the hotline reps.

Bad News:
 1. Even after reviewing P3, they are saying it will take 2-4 weeks to send it to the consulate. Hmmm.
 2. NVC is reviewing the P3, pretty seriously now. Particularly items #20 and #23 of DS-230 Part-I. So, when you correct P3 and send it to them, again it is going to take 1 month for review (goes back to the queue).
 3. Not sure at this point whether consulate at India will fix an interview at an early date or not, since most of the scrutiny/review is done here itself. I believe still it will be first come first served basis and will take the same amount of time, if not worse.
 4. Yesterdays bashing of INS authorities by Bush for issuance of student visa to Mohammed Atta and Al Shehihhi (Sep 11 guys), things may make more time and INS may play safe. Means extra caution and extra delay.

Please make sure, you provide all the info asked in the P3, with no question of any doubt. Cross check all entries, 10 times before sending.
Thanks

Question 23 error ?

GCChennaiGuy,

I made a mistake in question 23 where I just listed only U.S educational institutions and forgot about Indian education ... Do you know if this can be a reason for RFE ?

Thanks!

You can\'t hide

This can be a valid reason for RFE, but what I heard is you can send a separate sheet to NVC mentioning about this and they will attach it with your P3 and you can avoid RFE. Please call NVC to find out more details.
Thanks

Question 23 - NVC Reply

Called NVC regarding this question 23 error and they said that question 23 falls under "Non Critical" category and a RFE will not be sent for this one question alone. If there is a mistake in any other critical question like question 20, then they would even circle all the non-criticial questions along with critical question in RFE. Hoping to see the results in a week as my Pkt3 reached NVC on Feb-25.

Thanks!

Case was pproved Today woohoo

She said 2-4 weeks to get to New Delhi. She also gave me the consulate number for New Delhi. It is 91 11 4198000.

Pkt Recvd from St Louis : 02/21/2002
Pkt3 Reviewed Successfully: 03/15/2002

Consulate New Delhi.

She also said that we do not need to proactively contact the consulate to ensure that our case reaches there.

There are many Delhi guys/gals in this batch !!!!!

Lets see whether we get interviews together .

Guys, need fillable DS230 form, where can I get it..

Forms available in immihelp.com I am not able to save the information I typed. All the three forms in immihelp I am getting same problem and I see problems. If any one has please respond.

Totally Confused !!

Gurus,

I am very confused, please help.

cptracker.com lists a few ppl (howsoon, go_on) and they have sent their P3 to consulate directly !! Shouldn\'t they be doing St. Louis -> NVC -> Consulate thing? Or are their cases different?

Also can the ppl maintaining cptracker.com update the site to reflect the new change?

Thanks,
BladeRunner

WhiteRose

I believe You cannot save fillable pdf forms with acrobat reader. you probably need acrobat writer

WhiteRose !!

as nsg said you need acrobat editor to save pdf files or you can fill it up and take the printouts immediately.

Case reviewed..

Consulate : Chennai
Category : EB2
I-140 approved : 11/07/01
P3 received : 02/05/02
P3 mailed to St. Louis: 02/07/02
P3 reached at NVC : 02/21/02
P3 Reviwed : 03/14/02

Takes 2-4 weeks to send to Consulate.