Packet3-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate tracker

Dodda

I just checked the NWD consulate website. They are still showing dates as of March 2002 and nothing for April yet. Do you think there is still a remote possibility of getting April perhaps.. or is that a definate NO.

Nice to hear mks

Hi kms,
 Congrats, please post in this forum if you hear from the consulate about the interview date, so that we can plan on how much time it is taking to process at consulate. I appreciate if you can send me an email at roopan@hotmail.com. Thanks

I believe all NWD cpyers for april got informed by mail or some other way.

By this week end try to call NWD, whether you case is reached or not..

As for as Chennai as I Know, It is definite NO for April. I will also try to call Chennai consulate.

All the best !!

Confused about DS230-I item 20, 22 and 23 ....ur inputs are greatly appreciated ..

For items 22 and 23 what should be given under location ... name of the city or the address of the employer or school?
Under 23 does one have to mention 10th grade and 12th grade too .
Should I call the 12th grade of India as High School (as is the case here)?

For item 20, someone suggested give all the places since birth ... My dad was in the armed forces and we changed places every 2-3 yrs and now after so many yrs it is so difficult to remember those addresses ...is it ok to give since age of 16 !!

Will attaching an appendix be fine in case of #20 as the number of addresses is going to be much more than what is provided there?

Instruction sheet mentions to send original documents with P3....

did u get such instruction sheet along with ur P3...?

Location is the name of the City... Give all the addresess after age 16 as asked...u can include additional sheet if necessary... about education start from latest education to high school... atleast that is what I am going to do...
PS: did u get instructions from NVC to send original docs (birth, marriage, PCC etc) along with your P3 ? my lawyer says he received my P3 and says the insructions sheet mentions about original documens to be sent along with P3..

did you or any one get such instruction... i thought it was only for canadians and not for Indian consulates....please reply..

Thanks

Regarding DS form questions

Item #20: I would give all information that have asked for. Just put the place & year approximately. Doesn\'t matter that one has to be accurate, as long as the locations are all listed you should be fine. Dates can be approximate.

Item 22 & 23: For location, put down the name of the city or town. I don\'t think the exact location, i.e., address is asked for. That\'s nightmare. I verified this with NVC and they said just the city/town name should do. But make sure you list EVERYTHING, even if that means extra sheets. You wouldn\'t want your case to reviewed and come back to you for want of additional information.

Here is how the NVC operator put it across..."NVC WOULD LIKE THE DS-230 FORM TO BE AS COMPLETE AS POSSIBLE!". So do your best to make sure there are no gaps/no discrepancies in the information that you are providing in that form.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Prince

No Title

List all the places from birth. And make sure it matches with the places in Items 22&23. Dont leave any gaps. I didnt mention a couple of places where I stayed less than 6 months and I got an RFE....

im9999

in item # 23 you mention about schools, it is better to start with 12th grade. So the same should come in item #20 as last but one..the last one you can give as xcity/xstate/India till 19YY, next you give your 12th school city/state/India xmonth/19YY-ymonth/19YY+2, next give your graduation city/....., work1city....,...

I think this will help. this is how, I had given in my DS 230 P1.

I haven\'t yet received my P3 ....it was created yesterday itself ...

will let u know when i get it ...

guys my file moved to consulate on march 13, may reach end of march but

I am not sure how long it may take for chennai to schedule an interview.

Since all the work is done here, all they have to do is find the slot and call us right ?

Would guys think, interview can be in april ? OR all the date in april are out ?

any thoughts ?

summary: can I expect interview date in april or may ?

Thanks,
kms

kms, did you ask how they send it? electronic or mail(FedEx,, etc)

If it is through mail, It should take maximun of a week to reach cheanni. From next week onwards you should start calling Chennai consulate to enquire about you case reached or not.If reached ask them when can you expect the interview date. Already April dates have been announced so I believe chances are less in getting April interview date.
I will call NVC in this week to make sure my case also has been forwarded to Chennai..

They are using DHL, it will take a 5-10 business days. but is there any chance

of getting interview date in april ?

Can someone help me with #25 on DS-230 form, please?

I am getting my DS-230 form ready. Item #25 asks us to list "all previous visits to or residences in the United States". Do we have to list every trip and entry into US? - I have been going to India every year on vacation. What did you guys fill out?

Thanks for your help.

That is what i did ...

My attorney asked me to fill each and every entry / exit into & out of US.
I don\'t know about others.

PKT 3 Sent....

Here is the detail friends,
EB2 NSC
PD: 12/5/2000
I140: 1/29/2002
Case received: 2/13/2002
case entered : 2/26/2002
Pkt3 Created : 3/11/2002
Pkt3 received: 3/15/2002
Pkt3 sent to St.louis: 3/19/2002
I will call NVC after 10 days ...