pack your bags!!!Oct 05: EB3-98,EB2-99, downlaod,install firefox here, scoop!!!!!

unitednations said:
agreed. without legislative change increasing eb3 visas, it could be stuck for a few years.
i need a drink....
this is sound like the republican party`s election campaign." 4 more years..."

my opinion

Of what I know of April 2001 filings,majority of them were from Mexico/Latinos/Carribean countries and most of them being filed in the Tri-State Area. I really doubt the %age of people from India in that bunch. I know this b'coz I have suffered the 'Labor Pain'; my Labour being filed on 05/07/01 in NY. It was pain to see most of the other states labors sailing thr' nicely;and mine stuck. As we are concerned with India's EB3 visa quota;I don't think it would be a major impact for us. But then, who knows....

UnitedNations,
Can you please post your take on the dates for EB-2?
Thanks,
P

unitednations said:
india and china benefitted the last few years by using other countries unused visa quota. Now that other countries are starting to use their visas, there is less visas to spillover to india and china.

There is a direct correlation to when the dates will move forward for india/china to the worldwide category.

UN,who decides the spillover, USCIS or DOS, so no chances of spill in balance of sept

unitednations said:
USCIS isn't supposed to spill over unused country visas until their fourth quarter (july to september). They made a very big mistake this summer when they ran out. Essentially, they used the spillover too early. They learned their lesson.

Therefore, they will wait to see how many eb2 140's will be filed by other countries during the first three quarters before they let india/china use the countries quotas.

The situation is different for eb3 because worldwide category is also retrogressed. Therefore, unless worldwide category becomes current by the fourth quarter, there will be no spillover.

Cut off date movement will be limited

My priority date is Sept 2001 in EB3. I got my labor approved on 23 July 2005.
With just a month/days delay in my labor approval I lost the opportunity to file
concurrent I-140/I-485.

My company lawyer (very famous) told me that the state gov clearly stated
that the cut off date movement would be very "limited". She said it would take
at least 1 year or more for the EB3 cut off date to become my priority date
(Sept 2001). :(

gc4long

Are you indian/chinese/mexican? I'm asking because my PD is MAY01 and I'm from Chile. Hopefully it'll take less than that to move JUST two months for worldwide EB3.

Thanks!

that is very optimistic, if one had mar 01, yes, but may01 long way...

gc4long said:
My priority date is Sept 2001 in EB3. I got my labor approved on 23 July 2005.
With just a month/days delay in my labor approval I lost the opportunity to file
concurrent I-140/I-485.

My company lawyer (very famous) told me that the state gov clearly stated
that the cut off date movement would be very "limited". She said it would take
at least 1 year or more for the EB3 cut off date to become my priority date
(Sept 2001). :(

I finally believe every bad thing has some good meaning in it . after so many years of thinking where I would go after got green card, I decide to buy a house as I have to live here in coming years in my boss's mercy.. :p Although I won't have green card, I will try be a good home owner.. If I can own it that long.. ;)