pack your bags!!!Oct 05: EB3-98,EB2-99, downlaod,install firefox here, scoop!!!!!

the only idiot here is asdqwe2k2

asdqwe2k2, you're the biggest idiot here. Why? you ask! The posting on Manilla website is not old. I know it's not obvious to you. It has a date October 2005 on it. I know it's passing above your head. Don't worry about it. Go back to to your drooling you autistic dickhead.

asdqwe2k2 said:
Sometimes it is better to use your brain instead..

because,,, during 2000, 2001 there were already priority dates/cut off situation and it was cleared and became current after some months.. This time it will start if it has to, from june 2002.. relax.. The posting on manilla web site is probably very old one which wasn't updated for a long time..

mark my posting..

Also it has an LUD of 09/09/05 and note from ..U.S. at the bottom

gravitation said:
asdqwe2k2, you're the biggest idiot here. Why? you ask! The posting on Manilla website is not old. I know it's not obvious to you. It has a date October 2005 on it. I know it's passing above your head. Don't worry about it. Go back to to your drooling you autistic dickhead.

Manilla site is authentic!!

craver said:
Someone please go to google and type Manila US consulate. If you dont have the patience, you can also go to http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwhmain.html

Try to find the page you guys are discussing about in that site.

Not sure if nato has taken a day off and having fun.

It is authentic...

I called the manilla office to verify.. And the officer said that the data was given to them by USCIS...

Try calling them if you want... Use the no. listed for the public relations.. because it has a extension & you can ask to be transfered to the visa immigration section..

So there is no mistake in Manilla... Maybe there was a mistake here when they sent the data.. someone might have entered wrongly or might have done a cut & paste... wrongly...

We will just have to wait & see...

radd

I was part of Murthy's chat yesterday night. Someone asked this question about genuiness about Manila site's publication. She said her office went through the news yesterday when they heard rumors about this. She said she can't say news is right or wrong (on manila's site) but we have to wait for October bulletin, which we should get in a day or two. so guys, let's wait until DOL breaks the news.

I was also in Murthy chat yesterday . i felt really bad when people ask about their opinion he should have atleast stated whether this is practically possible. And analysed the situation with his experience and knowledge . If he is going to keep telling me to look at the visa bulletin why i need murthy if his knowledge is as limited as mine .

Last edited by a moderator:
We are officially sc***ed..

It is official...
October bulletin is out .. :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2631.html

Sathishk said:
I was also in Murthy chat yesterday . i felt really bad when people ask about their opinion he should have atleast stated whether this is practically possible. And analysed the situation with his experience and knowledge . If he is going to keep telling me to look at the visa bulletin why i need murthy if his knowledge is as limited as mine .

worst nightmare just came true

Well the damage is already done!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2631.html

Sathishk said:

Looking for asdqwe2k2, the dumbest title belongs there

asdqwe2k2 said:
Sometimes it is better to use your brain instead..

because,,, during 2000, 2001 there were already priority dates/cut off situation and it was cleared and became current after some months.. This time it will start if it has to, from june 2002.. relax.. The posting on manilla web site is probably very old one which wasn't updated for a long time..

mark my posting..

unitednations said:
let's just say this is true;

I haven't looked this up in a while, so any corrections are welcome;

When ac21 came about, it allowed any greencards that weren't used by other countries to be used by oversubscribed countries. Now, from what I remember, this isn't supposed to happen until the fourth quarter (July to September).

What happened this year was truly unacceptable. Some countries got unused greencards from other countries when they shouldn't have. Maybe department of state learned and will correct it this time around. Therefore, if this is the case then very few greencards from india, china, phillipines will be given in the first three quarters. However, the unused ones will then go these countries in the fourth quarter.

There are a few other things that will help;

Labor substitution; once it is abolished then the approximately 400,000 backlogged labors will go unused. The average consultant I know has two to three labors pending from different companies. Some people have a backlogged labor and then filed in maine and got their greencards through those companies. In other cases, spouses each had labors pending and one of them got the greencard.

by my estimation, those 400,000 backlogged labors, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 will be useable.

There are a couple of bills making it through law. One of them is to get rid of the greencard lottery and allocate those 50,000 greencards to employment base. Therefore, it will go from 140,000 to 190,000. The second bill if passed will have 290,000 greencards for employment base. One of these two bills will get passed fairly soon.

Therefore, the combination of getting rid of labor substitution and increase in the number of greencards will get the priority dates to be current fairly soon.

Also, I think those numbers are suspect. There is no way in one month that department of state will say that eb2 will retrogress no later then december and then all of a sudden in october it goes all the way back to 1998. Also, I don't even know how many labors from that far back would not have been used yet.

I had 2 earlier labor certifications. First time I quit the job after labor was approved in 1999. Second time, the company got shutdown in NYC after 9-11. I dont think the company ever pulled back that application.

unitednations - do you think that rest of world priority dates will start moving forward any time soon?

So as long as our 485 application reaches DOL before Sep, we are fine, right? My labor was approved just recently and my lawyer is in the process of preparing paperwork for filing the concurrent I-140/485 application.

unitednations said:
The eb3 category for worldwide is before April 2001 (april 2001 was a key date for having labors filed for 245i).

New York department of labor was stuck in processing april 2001 cases for almost three years because they had so many filed. I think the worldwide limit will be stuck in april 2001 for a while.

remember, this is under the assumption that there is no legislative change in increasing employment base greencards.

Can some one explain what is 245i?

Thanks

Effect on I-485 with Oct 2005 Bulletin

Hi Friends/Gurus,

How this new visa bulletin (Oct 2005) effects the I-485, here are the two scenerios, please clarify this:

1. New I-485 Filing

2. Already filed I-485

luckyandcurious said:
Hi Friends/Gurus,

How this new visa bulletin (Oct 2005) effects the I-485, here are the two scenerios, please clarify this:

1. New I-485 Filing

2. Already filed I-485

1) you can't file I-485 if your PD is not current
2) you can't get GC if your PD is later than cut-off date in the Visa Bulletin

you would be damn lucky if you got approved in sept

else no of yrs you have to wait=your PD yr say x/ 2004 - 2000 = 4 yrs wait, enjoy it!!
luckyandcurious said:
Hi Friends/Gurus,

1. New I-485 Filing

2. Already filed I-485

unitednations said:
Reason being that many of those 245i labors filed in April 2001 were filed for people of all countries (cooks, construction workers, carpenters, etc.). Those labors have been getting approved since May of this year. I know this because many of them had ability to pay queries and I worked on them.

Adding to what you said, I believe about 40,000 245i petitions were file in the last week of April 2001.

An aquanitance of mine filed in this category (even though he came on H1). He was telling me that his lawer alone filed 200+ cases in the last week of Apr 2001.

245i

Any estimates about how many 245i applns are there in the pipeline?
Do they consume EB3 numbers?

you bet, mostly eb3 only, eb3 will not move beyond 04/01 for easily 3 yrs

nviren said:
Any estimates about how many 245i applns are there in the pipeline?
Do they consume EB3 numbers?