pack your bags!!!Oct 05: EB3-98,EB2-99, downlaod,install firefox here, scoop!!!!!

Seriously Doubt ..

I have visited manila consulate web site. Immigrant visa PD links to DOS web site only, and it clearly shows only sep, 2005 visa bulliton. I doubt this link. EB2 may not go back to year 1999. If USCIS backlogged with somany eb2 I-140, it would have established cut of date at the same time it has estabilished for EB3, back in Jan 2005. Wait for official DOS oct visa bulliton..

Due to Perm

May be due to PERM?

PERM is providing great opportunity to get labor approved in 2 months.
If new labors are getting approved and these approved labors are eating
the VISA numbers, then old ones are get struggled with retrogressions.

When PERM is started, they might have taken care of old ones first through
some software. But they did not taken care of them properly. They just
pushed it back to BEC.

This could be the reason to push back the dates to justify old ones.
Just a thought and thinking in a different angle.

Nice98

Though the PERM approvals don't eat up the visa numbers

as only handful of the PERM labors would have got the 485 approved, yet they add up to the backlog. Think if the dates turn out to be true the scoop which looks true is with these dates they end preventing more backlog being added than they are capable of handling. So they will dry out the eligible folks already in the system and then edge up the dates more say each month by 2 months that way at any point of time they won't have too much backlog created and thus also the projections to congress are met :cool:
nice98 said:
May be due to PERM?

pushed it back to BEC.

Nice98

Agree that the dates may move fast each month, doubt soon & current though

:)
unitednations said:
let's just say this is true;

I haven't looked this up in a while, so any corrections are welcome;

When ac21 came about, it allowed any greencards that weren't used by other countries to be used by oversubscribed countries. Now, from what I remember, this isn't supposed to happen until the fourth quarter (July to September).

What happened this year was truly unacceptable. Some countries got unused greencards from other countries when they shouldn't have. Maybe department of state learned and will correct it this time around. Therefore, if this is the case then very few greencards from india, china, phillipines will be given in the first three quarters. However, the unused ones will then go these countries in the fourth quarter.

There are a few other things that will help;

Labor substitution; once it is abolished then the approximately 400,000 backlogged labors will go unused. The average consultant I know has two to three labors pending from different companies. Some people have a backlogged labor and then filed in maine and got their greencards through those companies. In other cases, spouses each had labors pending and one of them got the greencard.

by my estimation, those 400,000 backlogged labors, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 will be useable.

There are a couple of bills making it through law. One of them is to get rid of the greencard lottery and allocate those 50,000 greencards to employment base. Therefore, it will go from 140,000 to 190,000. The second bill if passed will have 290,000 greencards for employment base. One of these two bills will get passed fairly soon.

Therefore, the combination of getting rid of labor substitution and increase in the number of greencards will get the priority dates to be current fairly soon.

Also, I think those numbers are suspect. There is no way in one month that department of state will say that eb2 will retrogress no later then december and then all of a sudden in october it goes all the way back to 1998. Also, I don't even know how many labors from that far back would not have been used yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best explantion of the situation it seems

nice98 said:
May be due to PERM?

pushed it back to BEC.

Nice98

it can't be perm

I disagree. Perm didn't even start till very recently. Just regrogessingg the PD's to six months ago would have totally shutout all Permies.

I believe the an alternate explanation from "united nations" that very few visas will be available for SAR countries till the last quarter.

nice98 said:
May be due to PERM?

pushed it back to BEC.

Nice98

Why Should I Pack Up Bags

I CANNOT PACK MY BAGS

WE NEED TO UNITE

EITHER ASK THEM TO RETURN OUR COLLEGE FEES WHICH WE PAID AND ALL THE TAXES WE PAID AND
I AM READY TO PACK BAGS

IF THEY ARE NOT READY TO RETURN THAT

WE NEED TO FIGHT FOR THE MONEY WE PAID WE NEED TO FIGHT FOR THAT RIGHTS SO THAT WE CAN GET OUR GC ASAP

nato said:
by the USCIS to meet the goals they projected for 6 months processing of 485, guys with this they will surely have less load on their system , on FBI, on their call centers and they will rest and go for picinics after sending us for a long picnic back home. Don't you beleive one should start packing bags???
for people who have already field 485 they will keep getting monies by your EAD and APs and that to pay for the deficit over the next 5 years.

Those who have no reached filing of 485 will have to continue for the next 5 years with the same employer, wow. gives your desi employer more ways to screw...enjoy the new freedom!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Hate to believe though but looks true

the unavailibiltiy of EB3 from June30,05 despite Jun 02 cutoff, was indication of the heavy backlog. Guys in the forum predicting EB3 current need to get the IQ level checked.

Some reports for NSC that EB2 numbers were exhuasted also indicates that this is true, the 5 yrs here are a suprise, I was expecting this to be 2 yrs or so in Nov, but this came up even worst..

Lawyer/AILA would be best to take up these, but rights are for Citizens

srinireddydgl said:
I CANNOT PACK MY BAGS

WE NEED TO UNITE

EITHER ASK THEM TO RETURN OUR COLLEGE FEES WHICH WE PAID AND ALL THE TAXES WE PAID AND
I AM READY TO PACK BAGS

IF THEY ARE NOT READY TO RETURN THAT

WE NEED TO FIGHT FOR THE MONEY WE PAID WE NEED TO FIGHT FOR THAT RIGHTS SO THAT WE CAN GET OUR GC ASAP

it IS official dude

I know what you mean... but... this notice is indeed official. We got it from a consulate's website which comes directly under Department of State. It's not that we heard this from an "insider" or from rumor mill. I understand that people wanna clutch to every straw of hope but there is really no point in living in denial.

LaborBadhi said:
I think this news cannot be true. Lets wait until official DOL bulletin.

stupid idiots.. it can't go back to 98 or 99

Sometimes it is better to use your brain instead..

because,,, during 2000, 2001 there were already priority dates/cut off situation and it was cleared and became current after some months.. This time it will start if it has to, from june 2002.. relax.. The posting on manilla web site is probably very old one which wasn't updated for a long time..

mark my posting..

Very few ocassions, when we wish,desire we were stupid, this is one of those

However the lawyer ain't no stupid to have this posted at their website :D
asdqwe2k2 said:
Sometimes it is better to use your brain instead..

because,,, during 2000, 2001 there were already priority dates/cut off situation and it was cleared and became current after some months.. This time it will start if it has to, from june 2002.. relax.. The posting on manilla web site is probably very old one which wasn't updated for a long time..

mark my posting..

well,, immigration-law.com has always been a source of all the rumours before..

some of them were true and some of them have been rumours..

Anyway, we will see in few-days, why this website posted this rumour and how he/she will cover his/her mistake..

the http://travel.state.gov has not yet released the oct bulletin ... if the manila office has it, its surprising that the US website has not been updated yet..

can someone find out the last updated date of the manila page... you can get it from the http header.. we can find out how old the page with the oct dates is ..

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html:

09/12/2005: Manila Website Visa Cutoff Date Report - Need Verification

The Manila site cutoff date report is too suspicious at this time that we advise readers not to be too alerted by the Manila site report until details are verified. It is not going to be too long before the official Visa Bulletin will be released by the U.S. Department of State. Additionally, the specific nature and purpose of the Manila site report will be clarified soon. Until that, we advise the readers to ignore the Manila site report.

U can navigate

You can navigate to the controversial page from this web site.
Select "Consular Visa Services" from top drop down -> "Immigrant visa information" - > Then from the left side nav "Visa Interview Appointments"

I hope the page is a mistake.

Wow, that was great guess, truly I was off, busy packing:)

done about 30% packing, guess will pack off completely by the 15th, once we see that on DOS, so yes off from US soon too :p
craver said:
Someone please go to google and type Manila US consulate. If you dont have the patience, you can also go to http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwhmain.html

Try to find the page you guys are discussing about in that site.

Not sure if nato has taken a day off and having fun.