Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations !

I cant wait to experience this feeling myself.

I still havent received the yellow letter or the appointment letter...

Thank you, looking at my time line it was a month and half before I recv'd anything either-it was killing me too!!

Looking at your timeline you should be getting something soon!!!

Day 22 --Sept 28 --Status change to testing and interview

FredW said:
I am posting on behalf of my wife, so it looks like her Oath ceremony will be 11/11/11 if all goes well. That is a nice easy date to remember.

Any luck today Fred??

Gosh, I dislike this looooooong wait.

Could it be cause I am changing my name ?

you can see my time line..this waiting part took longer about 1-2 months
its not cause by changing your name
its slow because too many people ahead of you
just relaxing..and wait.. and wait..
:D;):D;):eek::)

My wife says the interview went well. We waited about 40 minutes before she was called back. Since she spoke English, I was not allowed back with her. Her interview took about 20 minutes. It seemed like she was approved, as her interviewer gave her a paper about where/how to apply for her passport. But they were not doing an Oath Ceremony today due to Veteran's Day. So we are waiting for her online status to change and/or get notified of when the Oath Ceremony will be. How long does this usually take? The holidays and my travel schedule may mean that she won't actually take the Oath as quick as I thought.

For the benefit of others: it seems that cell phones ARE now allowed in the building, but cannot be used in the main waiting area. Apparently you can make voice calls in the snack area. I assume you could text in the main waiting area. Everybody there was professional and friendly. The security screening (ie metal detector) seems pretty sensitive, so be prepared to hand over all metal.

Congrats on passing the interview!!

Did the AJ Officer give her a paper that said she passed and was approved? Was your wife asked to wait around for the oath letter or did they say it would be mailed/scheduled after the holiday? I was afraid you would be bumped until after the holiday today but they should have least given you an indication as to when; this seems to be the status quo at most offices.

Did the AJ Officer give her a paper that said she passed and was approved? Was your wife asked to wait around for the oath letter or did they say it would be mailed/scheduled after the holiday?

No paperwork was given to her, other than a lousy photocopy of local passport info. She said the officer did stamp a number of things "approved".

No, we weren't asked to wait around for an oath letter. I believe we will get the Oath letter in the mail, but I have no idea how long that takes. I got the impression they didn't really know when they were doing Oath ceremonies for November & December, which seems weird to me. They should know how many applicants are in the process and how many Oath Ceremonies are needed. It isn't like school graduation where not everybody will attend.

Took 48 hours, but she finally got queued for Oath Ceremony... up to 45 days? wow!

So I guess they are going to let her become an American? :) Not a very clear email.

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On November 11, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

The second paragraph sounds like it should have been sent BEFORE your interview, not after the interview?

omg omg

wow I am soooooo excited.
I got my yellow letter today.

BUT it asks the following:

Bring state ID - check
You indicated that u have been arrested. for those arrests and any other incidents in which u my have been involved,
bring originals or certified copies of all arrests ..... -

I was NEVER arrested.
I did have two speeding ticket which I put on the application. Does USCIS mean those??????

Do I have to be worried now????

Bring state ID - check
You indicated that u have been arrested. for those arrests and any other incidents in which u my have been involved,

I was NEVER arrested.
I did have two speeding ticket which I put on the application. Does USCIS mean those???????
Sorry, I don't know the answer. If you have paperwork from your speeding tickets, I would bring those. Speeding tickets seem to be a matter of debate as to whether they should be declared on the application. There are a bunch of posts debating it here, but I found no clear answer when I did the application months ago.

wow I am soooooo excited.
I got my yellow letter today.

BUT it asks the following:

Bring state ID - check

I was NEVER arrested.
I did have two speeding ticket which I put on the application. Does USCIS mean those??????

Do I have to be worried now????

Congrats usctobe.. one step closer;)

please read in the speeding ticket threads.
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/81187-Traffic-tickets-and-naturalization-(threads-merged)

Sorry, I don't know the answer. If you have paperwork from your speeding tickets, I would bring those. Speeding tickets seem to be a matter of debate as to whether they should be declared on the application. There are a bunch of posts debating it here, but I found no clear answer when I did the application months ago.

Ustobe, I brought evidence that I paid both tickets with me and the I/O was not even interested in seeing them, just asked me if I declared everything. This varies from each officer so my suggestion is to get copies of the ticket(s) and payment and delcare anything that was NOT on the application. The only document other then my passport/green card I was asked for was my divorce decree, she only wanted a copy. It was reviewed and then stuck it in my file. I came prepared with anything they could ask for, I had copies and certified copies of anything that was related to being a legal matter.

Best of luck to you, hopefully you get an interview be Christmas! :)

usctobe,
bring everything.. everything.. reciept, papers, documents everything about your life!!!
original and copies like trip69 said.
dont mention it in the interview though :p ( only if the officer asks you )
my interview officer didnt ask to see anything except a real green card.
:D:D:D:D:eek:;)

Thank you everybody. I do have the original tickets and evidence that I paid them. So I will bring that and everything else that I can think off.

The thing is, that I never was arrested, and uscis is asking to bring evidence of my "stated arrest".
I never put on the application that I was arrested. I only put down that I got a citation/ticket.
Is uscis talking about the traffic tickets or what do they mean about arrest????

I am a resident for almost 20 yrs. I dont have any paperwork from my earlier years...
But I will bring everything else I have.

Need to start practice for the civic test.....

usctobe said:
Is uscis talking about the traffic tickets or what do they mean about arrest????

Need to start practice for the civic test.....

Yes, they are talking about the traffic infractions. If you have an iphone or android there is a wonderful app for studying, it is called the U.S. Citizenship test and it's author is Colin (something). Again, best of luck to you!!

Thank you so much Trip. I feel much better now knowing that they mean the tickets.
Was kind of worried here.

I will have to study with the cd that I got from uscis. Dont have I phone or android. But thanks for letting me know.

I keep you all updated....

Hello everyone. Hope u all had a Happy Thanksgiving.

I am STILL waiting for my appointment letter to come.
Its been 2 weeks since I received the yellow letter.
Everyone else received the interview letter shortly (10-12 days) after the yellow letter....
This is making me loco... I m the most impatient person there is....:)
Please let the interview letter come NOW.... Would love to become a usc this year.

Day 01 --Sept 07 --N 400 sent via Express
Day 02 --Sept 08 --N 400 received Lewisville, Tx
Day 06 --Sept 12 --NOA N400 sent
Day 10 --Sept 16 --NOA N400 received
Day 15 --Sept 21 --NOA FP sent
Day 18 --Sept 23 --NOA FP recieved
Day 20 --Sept 23 --FP Walk In
Day 22 --Sept 28 --Status change to testing and interview
Day 67 --Nov 12 --yellow letter received
Day---------------?? --NOA Interview sent
Day---------------?? --NOA Interview received

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit the most difficult part of this process was having patience. Being we are coming into the holiday season I can only assume things might slow down a little due to people taking vacations but if they stay true to our processing time(s) your letter should be along this week.

Thank you trip for you kind words.
I really hope you are right. Today is wednesday and I havent got anything... :(

Last edited by a moderator: