Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

Orlando Oath Ceremony scheduling?

Does anybody know how Orlando schedules their Oath ceremonies? I thought I read someplace that it was every other Friday?

FredW, that is my understanding too (read it here somewhere) but the three of us who have been active here are about a week apart so we will find out soon. :)

update!!
day 1 -06/25/2011 - N400 to Dallas / express mail
day 3 -06/27/2011 - received date
day 6 -06/30/2011 - check cashed
day 11 -07/05/2011 - I-797 recieved
day 14 -07/08/2011 - FP letter sent
day 17 -07/11/2011 - FP letter recieved - for 08/02/2011
day 21 -07/15/2011 - FP done -walked in at 3.00pm.
day 32 -07/26/2011 - case status changed to testing and intervew ( text & email )
day 74 -09/06/2011 - yellow letter recieved ( no email & no text )
day 82 -09/14/2011 - interview letter sent ( text & email )
day 85 -09/17/2011 - interviw letter received - for 10/24/2011
day 122 -10/24/2011 - interiew passed , received an oath letter for this friday 10/28/2011
received email, text - status changed to oath ceremony!!!
day 126 -10/28/2011 - oath ceremony.. U.S Citizen!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Timeline...

Hello Orlando and all the rest of the people on this board.
I have been reading your timelines for a while and wanted to post mine. (I was waiting in que for activation)

Congratulations on your interview on Monday the 24th.
How was your interview? Can you go a little in detail?
Did they ask for your OLD passports? What about the travel dates? Did the IO went through all them?
I am asking cause I can NOT recall all of them since I have been traveling a lot from 2000-2005. But I am here since 2005
and havent been outside the US at all.
How long was the interview?
Was the IO friendly? Please share if you dont mind.

I really wish for my interview to be in December but i guess that will be tide.

What is the yellow letter for? -I thought the yellow letter is the interview appointment but I guess I was wrong-.
Does everyone get a yellow letter?
Sorry for all the questions....

Oh before I forget, here is my timeline.
LPR since 1995.

Day 01 --Sept 07 --N 400 sent via Express
Day 02 --Sept 08 --N 400 received Lewisville, Tx
Day 06 --Sept 12 --NOA N400 sent
Day 10 --Sept 16 --NOA N400 received
Day 15 --Sept 21 --NOA FP sent
Day 18 --Sept 23 --NOA FP recieved
Day 20 --Sept 23 --FP Walk In
Day 22 --Sept 28 --Status change to testing and interview
Day----------------- --yellow letter?
Day---------------?? --NOA Interview sent
Day---------------?? --NOA Interview received

Hi usctobe,

-Congratulations on your interview on Monday the 24th.
Thank you :)

-How was your interview? Can you go a little in detail?
my interview was only 8 mins. walked in early 30 mins, security check, dropped an app.letter at window no.9
sit (the lobby) and wait, the officer call me in, follow him to the office
swear telling the truth, ask to see a green card, read 1 sentence
write 1 sentence, ask 6 civic questions,
check all app. pages , ask about any illegal stuff, nazi, comunism, drugs, arrested etc.
check name spelling, address, phone, sign 4 papers
and congratulations you pass the test!
sit and wait outside (lobby) for oath letter
and thats it: total 45 mins !!!

-Did they ask for your OLD passports?
no.. i sent all copies (every pages ) with my app.

-What about the travel dates? Did the IO went through all them?
I am asking cause I can NOT recall all of them since I have been traveling a lot from 2000-2005. But I am here since 2005
and havent been outside the US at all.
i was out of the country 145 days total in 5 yrs. he didnt ask anything..only said 145 days ( i went home 1 month per year )

-How long was the interview?
8-10 mins. he said if everything is good 10-15 mins thats it.

-Was the IO friendly? Please share if you dont mind.
i was lucky to have an easy going officer. we didnt talk much at all.
just how you doing, let me see green card, read this, write that, answer these civic test..
go through all application every pages.

-What is the yellow letter for?
its a yellow paper that tell you what to bring to the interview. documents, green card, passport etc.
i brought more documents but the officer didnt ask to see it at all cuz i sent everything with my app.
you bring everything with you anyways.. everything original and copy!

-I thought the yellow letter is the interview appointment but I guess I was wrong-.
Does everyone get a yellow letter?
not everyone..i did received it.

-Sorry for all the questions....
no problems :)

any questions please let me know ;)

Timeline...

Thank you so much for all the info.
Great feeling u must have.

So on monday there is another interview... cant wait to hear about that one.

I still didnt get the yellow letter yet or the interview appointment letter.

Am still waiting ....

Thank you so much for all the info.
Great feeling u must have.

So on monday there is another interview... cant wait to hear about that one.

I still didnt get the yellow letter yet or the interview appointment letter.

Am still waiting ....

Be patient it all takes time and sometimes seems like an eternity (this period is the longest)! I will be sure to update this thread tonight, time for some breakfast, last minute studying and make sure all my papers are in order. :)

The interview went great, the I/O was a woman, in her late thirties/early forties-she was very professional and courteous. She went through the whole appication with me, went through all the selections I had made and confirmed them and then asked for a copy of the divorce degree (only wanted to the copy not the certified one), asked about my two speeding tickets, asked do I have anyone living with me now or am I am on my own (found that odd but answered anyway) and then went through the test. I only got 6 questions, was asked to read and write one simple english sentence and she smiled and said we were done and I was recommended for approval. I have to tell you after reading some of the horror stories from other districts I was amazed at how different this interview was but that said everyone is different and I believe not one interview will ever be the same! I was dressed very professionally, very polite and only spoke when asked a questions. There were people that showed up in "gangster" garb (pants on the ground), some in shorts, some in ripped jean and others in only a t-shirt. To each their own but I think it speaks to how serious one takes this and may be a deciding factor on how you may be treated-but that's just me.

Finally, Fred I asked this just for you. My oath is this Friday, Moosanam's was last Friday so I asked if it is was always this way because I read here it might be different and others waiting in line wanted to know. She said for now they were every week and because they have been so busy it would stay that way. I hope this answers any questions you and ustobe have but please feel free to ask any others if you have them.

In closing, USCIS seems to be on the ball because a quick status checks says "OATH CEREMONY"!!!! :)

Congrats to moosanam & Trip69!

Thanks for the info about the Oath ceremony. Do they do one big ceremony? What time is it? Or are there multiple oath ceremonies during the day? Is it the same place as the interview? I am posting on behalf of my wife, so it looks like her Oath ceremony will be 11/11/11 if all goes well. That is a nice easy date to remember.

I think they do 3 ceremonies on a Friday , 8am, 10 am, and 2pm. they give you an appointment for one of the times. It's in the same building as the interviews, but whereas you go to the left for the interviews and waiting area, there is a ceremony room kind of to the right, and to the back of the entrance area. the whole process is a couple of hours.

update!!
day 1 -06/25/2011 - N400 to Dallas / express mail
day 3 -06/27/2011 - received date
day 6 -06/30/2011 - check cashed
day 11 -07/05/2011 - I-797 recieved
day 14 -07/08/2011 - FP letter sent
day 17 -07/11/2011 - FP letter recieved - for 08/02/2011
day 21 -07/15/2011 - FP done -walked in at 3.00pm.
day 32 -07/26/2011 - case status changed to testing and intervew ( text & email )
day 74 -09/06/2011 - yellow letter recieved ( no email & no text )
day 82 -09/14/2011 - interview letter sent ( text & email )
day 85 -09/17/2011 - interviw letter received - for 10/24/2011
day 122 -10/24/2011 - interiew passed , received an oath letter for friday same week 10/28/2011, received email, text - status changed to oath ceremony!!!
day 126 -10/28/2011 - oath ceremony.. U.S Citizen!!!!!
day 130 -11/02/2011 - applied for passport / walked in at clerk of court office $110 fees, $60 expedite, $12.72 express mail,
$25 processing fee = $207.72 , at the office no visa accepted, check or money order only.
day 140 -11/12/2011 - passport received

;):D;):p:cool::eek::)

Moosanam, what did you have to bring to the Clerk's office with you? Passport pictures, what documents?

I am asking because I may just got get a copy of the Naturalization Cert and then go straight there to apply.

Moosanam, what did you have to bring to the Clerk's office with you? Passport pictures, what documents?

I am asking because I may just got get a copy of the Naturalization Cert and then go straight there to apply.

1 passport pic ( passport style 2"x2" )
original certificate ( dont forget to sign the certificate, make copies for your record) the clerk can make you copies
copy of I.D ( driver license )
real I.D to show the officer
check or money order ( i paid $25 by cash, $182.72 by money order she told me to go get from amscot ) i didnt bring a check book with me
fill the application with black ink only!!!, don't sign it yet. you will sign with the officer
and that's it. 5-10 mins

;):D:p:eek:clerk of court - goldenrod and lake underhill in the same plaza as the toll ez pass office, save a lot, dunkin donut
faster than at the uscis office.. too many people and only 2 usps postal guys there..

have a wonderful day tomorrow...im happy for you too :)

I can now say "I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN citizen"!!!! :)

The USCIS I dealt with yesterday is worlds apart from what it was ten years ago. ALL of the staff were very professional, very kind, sincere and helpful. I also have to say the ceremony was well organized and very touching. We had just over 100 people at the 8am ceremony with from 40 countries, it was hard not to be emotional, more so when they played "I am proud to be American" after we completed the oath and pledge to the flag.

I wish everyone who has begun their journey on the path to citizenship the best of luck and hopefully you all have the same experince I did! It is something I will cherish for the rest of my life! :)

I can now say "I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN citizen"!!!! :)

The USCIS I dealt with yesterday is worlds apart from what it was ten years ago. ALL of the staff were very professional, very kind, sincere and helpful. I also have to say the ceremony was well organized and very touching. We had just over 100 people at the 8am ceremony with from 40 countries, it was hard not to be emotional, more so when they played "I am proud to be American" after we completed the oath and pledge to the flag.

I wish everyone who has begun their journey on the path to citizenship the best of luck and hopefully you all have the same experince I did! It is something I will cherish for the rest of my life! :)

Congrats!!

Congratulations !

I cant wait to experience this feeling myself.

I still havent received the yellow letter or the appointment letter...