Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

A great closing to the citizenship process on July 3rd in the Disney Magic Kingdom where more 1000 individuals were granted US citizens and I was one of them.

USCIS and Disney put especial efforts to make it really memorable.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each contributor of this forum who have made this a very resourceful website. Many thanks to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for continuous sponsorship of this website and even more thankful to contributors like bobsymth, jackolantern, JohnnyCash (to name a few) who spend their precious time and effort to answer the various question correctly and expeditiously.

Good luck to all in process of US citizenship.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the significance of updating the Social Security office about the change of status to US Citizen? What happens if it's not done?

Thx.

Hi Orl, congratulations! I was there too, it was really a day to remember!

With regards to updating Social Security, there was no mention of it during the ceremony or even with the paperwork they gave us after the ceremony. I'm not sure if it is mandatory or not. I asked some of my friends who became U.S. citizens and no one said they went to Social Security to change their status.

rjmco,

Congratulations to you also for becoming a US Citizen.

I will defer the paperwork for the SSA office for soemtime now. I plan to do the passport and voter registration very soon.

Good Luck to you.

Congratulations

ORL,
RJMCO

Congratulations on your grand and memorable oath cermony.
Wish you " A Great American Dream Come True" :)

with best wishes

Hello other July 3rd Magic Kingdom Oath friends,
Please share some of your happy moments (Oath) in your own words !!!!!

Hi everybody
I got my yellow letter a week ago, and I am a little bit confused about the tax return part.... I have my original tax returns with the W2 do you think this will be enough??
I looked at the form listed on my letter (form 4506), but it costs $56 for each year requested (sorry I don't have that kind of money now!!!!). There is another form 4506T which is free but it doesn't have the complete original information.
Please if anyone knows which forms they usually accept I will really appreciate!!!

Thanks

Local IRS

Hi everybody
I got my yellow letter a week ago, and I am a little bit confused about the tax return part.... I have my original tax returns with the W2 do you think this will be enough??
I looked at the form listed on my letter (form 4506), but it costs $56 for each year requested (sorry I don't have that kind of money now!!!!). There is another form 4506T which is free but it doesn't have the complete original information.
Please if anyone knows which forms they usually accept I will really appreciate!!!

Thanks

Lamona,
If the yellow letter asks for Tax returns and W2 forms then you need to pay 56 dollars for each year to get the returns from IRS.
If yellow letter just says proof of tax payments for last 5 years, then you can opt for tax transcripts for last 5 years. (When I visited local IRS in Maitland the lady over there told me the same) They will give you last 4 years tax transcripts and 5 th year account overview. IRS keeps only 4 year of tax transcripts at any point as I understand.

Locla IRS office in Maitaland is very helpful, you can visit and get the documents you need on the same day but you need to spend some time in Q.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Saram for your help, I will go to Maitland next week and obtain my transcripts. For my interview I will bring my tax with w2 that I have just in case!!!:)

Hi

I got the letter on friday for the oath ceremony on July 10th. During my interview on 06/23 I have told them that July is not a good option and the I was told that they will send the letter for Oath in August, but still they sent the letter for July 10th.

On Monday I replied back by sending letter that I won't be able to attend the Oath and requested to reschedule. Now I am thinking I shouldn't have done that since Oath is in new office and should not take more then 1-2 hours.

Do you think I can still show up on Friday even though I sent the letter to reschedule. Please suggest.

Thanks

May be possible

Hi

I got the letter on friday for the oath ceremony on July 10th. During my interview on 06/23 I have told them that July is not a good option and the I was told that they will send the letter for Oath in August, but still they sent the letter for July 10th.

On Monday I replied back by sending letter that I won't be able to attend the Oath and requested to reschedule. Now I am thinking I shouldn't have done that since Oath is in new office and should not take more then 1-2 hours.

Do you think I can still show up on Friday even though I sent the letter to reschedule. Please suggest.

Thanks

Chunu123,
I would suggest try to visit local office and withdraw your request to reschedule the oath date. If that is not possible just go there on the day they mentioned and try to see if they accept you to participate in the oath.

My 2 cents

Saram, I thought it was interesting that you and I had the same date for the interview. Maybe I will see you there!

Anyways, here is the some info I can provide to this great forum, hope it helps some of you.

The yellow letter I received mentioned that in my n-400 application I showed that I had been previously arrested/charged and would need to supply sufficient paperwork showing that the issues have been 'cleared up'.

Here's what I did:
Several years ago there was a domestic situation that lead to false accusations, a felony arrest, charges and incarcaration. All on the basis of false pretenses. The judge dismissed the case, the records were expunged from the court system etc.
In order to show INS that I have taken care of my bumps-in-the-road, I went to the orange county courthouse, paid $14, and requested that they print a current criminal record (with certified court seal) showing that my record is clean. I will provide this to the INS officer in addition to arrest report, court paperwork and proof of dismissal.
Hopefully that's all I need.

I'm hoping my oath ceremony is right around the corner from the interview date. That would really make it easy for me to submit this passport app to the local clerk of court and have this process completed!

I will share my interview experiences with the group.
Meanwhile, I have a few quick questions:

1) I've studied the 100 questions of the new exam, does anyone know if questions like, name your state senator or how many us representatives are there - are more typical than the easier ones? Just curious. Some questions seem alot more basic than others.

2) Does the INS officer ask about the times you left the country on vacation? (been to Canada, Germany, Bahamas etc) Because I don't have all that memorized. Should I?

Good Luck to everyone! Saram see you there, I'll be wearing a red shirt, white pants and blue shoes.

In regards to "2) Does the INS officer ask about the times you left the country on vacation? (been to Canada, Germany, Bahamas etc) Because I don't have all that memorized. Should I? "

A few people had posted earlier that they printed and took a copy of their N-400 application that they had submitted along with them to the interview and they referred to their own copy while the officer went over the application in his file.

The officer did not have any issue with the applicant referring to their own copy.

You don't have to memorize the dates. Your passport should have stamps of the visits to other countries. The trips to Canada and Mexico might not have any stamps in your passport but it should not be an issue.

Secondly, you can take as much paper work as needed. IO doesn't care about the load of paper carried by you to the interview.

But it's wise to have a copy of you application and a copy of all the certified copies submitted with you. I carried for my interview. IO didn't object at all and it was very helpful to me because I could show exactly what I was referring to.

Good Luck.

Nice

Saram, I thought it was interesting that you and I had the same date for the interview. Maybe I will see you there!

Anyways, here is the some info I can provide to this great forum, hope it helps some of you.

The yellow letter I received mentioned that in my n-400 application I showed that I had been previously arrested/charged and would need to supply sufficient paperwork showing that the issues have been 'cleared up'.

Here's what I did:
Several years ago there was a domestic situation that lead to false accusations, a felony arrest, charges and incarcaration. All on the basis of false pretenses. The judge dismissed the case, the records were expunged from the court system etc.
In order to show INS that I have taken care of my bumps-in-the-road, I went to the orange county courthouse, paid $14, and requested that they print a current criminal record (with certified court seal) showing that my record is clean. I will provide this to the INS officer in addition to arrest report, court paperwork and proof of dismissal.
Hopefully that's all I need.

I'm hoping my oath ceremony is right around the corner from the interview date. That would really make it easy for me to submit this passport app to the local clerk of court and have this process completed!

I will share my interview experiences with the group.
Meanwhile, I have a few quick questions:

1) I've studied the 100 questions of the new exam, does anyone know if questions like, name your state senator or how many us representatives are there - are more typical than the easier ones? Just curious. Some questions seem alot more basic than others.

2) Does the INS officer ask about the times you left the country on vacation? (been to Canada, Germany, Bahamas etc) Because I don't have all that memorized. Should I?

Good Luck to everyone! Saram see you there, I'll be wearing a red shirt, white pants and blue shoes.

CentralFlorida,
Nice to have the interview on the same date. Mine is afternoon hours.
I hope we may get immediate Friday oath.
Best wishes for your interview. Hope we meet there and share our experience:)

Hi

Thanks

We went for oath on 07/10 even though I sent the letter to reschedule, staff in the immigration office was very helpful, after confirming the naturalization certificate they let us attend it. There were around 85 people and the whole process took around an hour or also.

Good luck to all who are still waiting...

Can I take my 20 months old daughter with me to interview

Hi Guys,
My interview is next week.
I and my wife had the interview at the same time.
My 20 Months old daughter doesn't stay with anyone else other than me and my wife.
Can I take my daughter with me during the interview if we both were called at the same time !
Any suggestions??:confused:

When you get to the office, let the person collecting the interview form know that you are with a child and that if they can space out the interviews some minutes so someone can be with the child at all times. I am sure they will accommodate this.

thank you

When you get to the office, let the person collecting the interview form know that you are with a child and that if they can space out the interviews some minutes so someone can be with the child at all times. I am sure they will accommodate this.

Centralflorida,
Thank you very much for the suggestion, it helps a lot:)

Interview Letter

Hi...
My husband has his FP taken on June 26, 2009, but hasn't received anything since then. His online status doesn't reflect anything since the sent the NOA. Does this sound normal? Should it be taking this long? It's been almost 3 weeks without a single peep.

Wait for next week and apply for an infopass

Hi...
My husband has his FP taken on June 26, 2009, but hasn't received anything since then. His online status doesn't reflect anything since the sent the NOA. Does this sound normal? Should it be taking this long? It's been almost 3 weeks without a single peep.

I would suggest wait until next week and apply for an infopass. I know one of my friends gave finger prints and his notice doesn't have his A number printed. He didn't see it. That delayed his process by couple of months. Just verify every thing is going fine by applying for infopass.:)