Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

Hi...
My husband has his FP taken on June 26, 2009, but hasn't received anything since then. His online status doesn't reflect anything since the sent the NOA. Does this sound normal? Should it be taking this long? It's been almost 3 weeks without a single peep.

That is normal, give it 2-3 weeks more.

D/O : Orlando, FL
01/27/2009 : N-400 Mailed to Lockbox
01/28/2009 : Received Date
01/28/2009: Priority Date
2/06/2009 : NOA Received
3/27/2009 : Yellow Letter (CFR) Received
06/17/09 Fingerprints Letter
06/24/09 Fingerprints done (walk in)
...............: IL Received
.............. : Interview Date

Saram Interview Tomorrow

Saram, are you ready for tomorrow's interview? Have you done alot of studying for the civics test? If so, are you worried about anything?

I would suggest wait until next week and apply for an infopass. I know one of my friends gave finger prints and his notice doesn't have his A number printed. He didn't see it. That delayed his process by couple of months. Just verify every thing is going fine by applying for infopass.:)

....yup

Centralflorida, I hope I am ready for it, how about you?

Hoping that I studied enough. I listened to the civics test audio CD in the car over and over again - so maybe it's embedded in my brain by now.

I'm praying that the oath ceremony will be right around the corner (maybe even Friday) but who knows.
My appt. is at 8am.
:rolleyes:

All the best

Hoping that I studied enough. I listened to the civics test audio CD in the car over and over again - so maybe it's embedded in my brain by now.

I'm praying that the oath ceremony will be right around the corner (maybe even Friday) but who knows.
My appt. is at 8am.
:rolleyes:

Central Florida,
I also remembered almost all answers from CD.
My interview is tomorrow afternoon.
I wish you all the best for your interview.
Let us hope for an immediate Friday oath.
Please post your interview experience (and oath date) as soon as you can:)

Interview Completed!

Interview Experience: 07/22/09 in Orlando

- 7:30am: GPS took me to corporate center blvd and said to turn left, which was a dead end street. A nice lady was driving behind me, also with her gps and looking for the USCIS center. We eventually found it several blocks down on the right hand side.

Entered the large facility, noticed people walking out because they took in their cell phones and were told to leave them in the car.
Walked in, reminded me of airport security, had to remove my belt, and put all items in a box that was scanned through the x-ray machine.
- 7:50am:
Slid my notification letter under Windows #9 and sat for about 20 minutes before I was called in by an older gentleman, resembling ronald reagan.

We walked into his office and he had me stand by the chair and swear to tell the truth. Then we both sat and he asked to see the yellow letter, which asked for additional paperwork such as arrest records.

I came prepared and had copies of everything as well as the originals to give to him. He wanted my driver license, passport and permanent resident card.

He asked me what I was arrested for and how it was resolved. I gave him the whole story and showed him the expungement of records.

He then made some copies for himself and started the civics test.
He said there were 10 questions, and I would need to get 6 correct.
1. When was the constitution written?
2. How many senators are there?
3. Name a senator in your state?
4. What was one reason for the civil war?
5. Name one state that borders Canada.
6. What keeps one branch of the government from becoming too powerful?

Then he asked me to read one of three sentences.
The American flag contains colors red, white and blue.
Then he asked me to write the following sentence:
The colors of the flag are red, white and blue.

Then he asked me some questions in relating to the application, such as have i been married to 2 people at once or have i been a part of a terrorist organization.

He was very thorough, patient and professional. I felt at ease, though I talked his ear off trying to convince him that my English speaking skills proficient.

He stamped everything, had me sign the back of 2 pictures for the file and then he said I should get a letter within the week, inviting me to the oath ceremony on Friday july 31st 2009.

The time has come! I'm excited. I shook his hand and left the building with a wide permanent resident 'grin' on my face. 9:04am
:D

Congratulations centralflorida!!!!
I will give my details in the evening.
Thank you very much for your quick and detail
posting.

results

Centralflorida
what did they write in your N652 form (interview
results form)

its said: passed civics exam,
and decision could not yet be made about your application.
that was protocol he said because of the previous arrest. he assured me however that I would have my letter for the oath by next friday for the oath appointment

Passed Interview Today

:)Dear Friends!:)
I and my wife both passed the interview today.
We both got an oath letter for 07/24/2009 at 10 AM. We happened to wait good amount of time for our oath letters. (worth waiting for it, isn't it!!;))

We were asked following questions (Q'S 4 are common for both of us, reading and writing happened to be same for both)

1. Two National Holidays
2. Movement that is tried to end racial descrimination
3. First US president
4. Where is statue of liberty
5. Who is FL governor now
6. Federalist papers supported implementation of constitution, name one writer
7. What is the one pledge that you make when you become a US citizen
8. What did Martin Luther King do.

Read: Who lives in the White House
Write: The President lives in the White House

IO'S are friendly and courteous.

I was asked to show original Birth Certificate for some reason, I provided both original birth certificate and also two original affidavits from my mother and father supporting the same.

IO asked me why there are some variations in my name. (My last name was written with a different spelling in different documents) I told the IO it is due to how it is spelled by the officer who is writing my name while typing my name when I was in India.

Asked my elder daughter why she is spending more time in India with her grand parents. I told her that she likes spending more time with grand parents. (she is currently visiting grand parents and not with me, I mentioned the same in application)

IO also asked I ever had any immigration attorney represented me infront of immigration judge. I said no. (I don't know what this question is meant for)

Asked routinely about all details in the application.
Our interview was at 1 PM. We went to office by 12.40 PM. We completed all process by 3.20 PM. There is some delay in the process than usual due to some logistics reasons today.

They took the interview of my wife fist and I took care of my 20M old daughter. After my wife was completed different IO called me for interview.

I will update my oath experience very soon!

Best wishes for all Orlando applicants for your on coming interview! and also thank you very much for those who already become citizens and shared their valuable experiences during the N400 process on this valuable forum!:):)

That is normal, give it 2-3 weeks more.

Hi there again-

I was just wondering... My husband applied for a modified oath since it's against our religious beliefs to go into the army. Has anyone heard or know if that is what might be causing the delay for the interview appointment?

Norm to approve application

its said: passed civics exam,
and decision could not yet be made about your application.
that was protocol he said because of the previous arrest. he assured me however that I would have my letter for the oath by next friday for the oath appointment

As I understood from other postings in this forum, When there is an arrest generally it will go one level above (surpervisor) for review and approval. I think your oath letter will be mailed in next couple of days. Please update when you get it.

I just started my process, and submitted my application last week, and today my check was cashed. I will share any updates to this forum as I go thorough this process.

Aamir

07/17/2009 : N-400 Mailed to TSC (Lewisville, TX).
07/23/2009 : Check Cashed.

Completed Oath This Morning

Friends,
I finished my oath this morning and became proud US citizen this morning after a long immigration journey.
I and my wife with our daughter went to oath cermony this morning at 10 AM.
We finished our oath by 11.30 AM and got our Naturalization Certificates.

We registered for vote at immigration center itself. No passport services at the site today. We went to Orange Country Clerk of Courts, to apply for passport. We applied with expedited service and over night delivery.

Thanks for every one for contributing and sharing their valuable experiences on this forum and also thanks to Mr Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this valuable platform.:):)

Still Waiting...

Morning,
Just felt like posting an update.It's been almost 6 weeks since FP were taken and still no news whatsoever. Called today and said that because it's still within the 6 month period... that just to wait. :eek: