Organizing a Rally/protest against I-485 Backlog in the City of San Francisco

good morning everyone,

Original Post (1st one) is update please review...
Finalizing the Date & time is priority please review the proposed date/time and lets finalize soon.

Thanks

just registered in the immigration.com

I am intersted to attend/paticipate in this rally. count me in.

Originally posted by hussein
good morning everyone,
Original Post (1st one) is update please review...
Finalizing the Date & time is priority please review the proposed date/time and lets finalize soon.

Thanks
Hi, hussein,
Thanks for your taking the initiative.
I will join this event.
Let's make it happen !!
-kashmir

IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT TERRORISTS !!

Slogan

What about

Taxation without Representation

Maybe that's a little off the central message we want to convey, but I like it because it's what the revolutionaries here told the British... and yet it's exactly what we're experiencing today (I'm English, so the irony is very thick for me personally).

becky

Re: Slogan

Originally posted by becky
Taxation without Representation
Becky,

Definitely the winning tag line as far as I am concerned! :) I just did my taxes this weekend, and ouch it hurts!

Kashmir,

Let us not walk on slippery slopes, we shouldn't give them the idea that security checks are bogus, no matter what we believe. It will appear as if we are protesting the security checks, and the spin on it will be that we are scared and hence the protest. We don't want to get into that situation. Let us stick with basic rights to quick adjudication.

Now that I think of it, though it is not a zinger like Becky's, it isn't that bad, We demand our basic rights to quick adjudication. :)

Hussein,

I modified the original post to incorporate the names of all the people taking part. Sorry about touching your post. But felt that it was essential to make that list reflective of our current position. It will encourage more fence sitters to jump in to pitch a hand, since we will slowly be hitting the 30+ mark, which in my opinion is a good record for this forum.

I would like to join, too, but it depends on the date and time. I live kind of far from the city.
Becky's slogan is the best, if you ask me. But I'm sure we'll come up with some more good ones.
Bic.

How about everyone carries a sign with their WAC # on it
(WAC-02-062*-****)
Underneath: Is that All we are ...

of course we can add : You peice of &*^% you give us our green cards :). this one will use for the next rally.

I vote for next week of april on a friday just afer 12:00 right enfront of the Immigration office (forget the address).

Please vote so we can make that final too.

140_takes_4ever
by all means, update the post as you see appropriate as long as we keep an updated list of participants.

I am out of the country for the first 3 weeks of April, so won't be able to make it if it is in that time zone, but don't stop on account of me. There is tremendous enthusiasm going on right now and whatever happens don't curb it!

see this ifo,

Date ................CSC...........NSC..........VSC............TSC

Jan 15, 2003..11/16/01..08/01/01...10/15/01...11/01/00
Mid Feb 2004..12/16/01..09/30/01...01/31/02...05/23/01

I think we can create a sign board like this

A BIG Belly SNAIL walknig from a sign board that says "11/16/01" (Processing Date) to another sign board that says "12/16/01" (Processing Date) and the distance says 30 days, travel time says 400 days.

Any more ideas to make it more intuitive and funny are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by hussein
I vote for next week of april on a friday just afer 12:00 right enfront of the Immigration office (forget the address).
Please vote so we can make that final too.
You mean 12:00 NOON 04/09/2004 FRIDAY ?
Yes, I vote for it.
Let's decide the date at first !!

rk4gc,
Thats smart. I like it. If you can prepare such a sign board I think it will grab the attention and send a big message.

Kashmir,
great, If no other suggestions I will post a message by the end of this week confirming the date/Time.

We need to recruite more people as I feel the recruiting is slowing down slightly please spred the word in any way
maybe by having a link to this thread in signature of the people that participate in a lot of the threads on this site

We need a big slogan for immigrationportal.com. This will help draw attention from media. If we are lucky and the protest is aired on TV (even some small ethnic TV news), people will be curious about our activities.

In addition, how about slogan like:

USA: Land of Hope
Immigrants: Hope of Land

WAC # and backlog # are also good ideas.

Main thread updated. The date suggested is Friday April 9th 2004 at noon sharp. This way will catch all people on their lunch breaks.

I think we have enough slogans. we need everyone attending the rally to create one of those slogans. possibly on white cardboard that can be purchased at office depot. I think you can buy a package of five or more for around 5 dollars (cheap comparing it to the amount of money we have spent throughout our case processing period).

Tomorrow will be the last day for suggesting a different date. If no objections, we will proceed.

Next on the list is contacting the local Newspapers & news agency. I will commit to trying to contact someone from the SF chronicle. We need others to commit to contacting other news agencies, see list in the original thread. KCBS 740AM is another news station that we definitely should be in touch with too.