Only Those Transferred To Arlington !!!!!****

Interview call Receivecd....(Old name ashwariya)

I received interview letter today scheduled for 6/18/2002. I was expecting Dnaush call first ....I think arlington office set up one interview call every month for employment based cases. dnaush keep praying and we will do so for you..you will get very soon...

No Title

Congrats S. Khan aka Ashwariya :)

Thanks for the update. All the best. Do keep us updated on
the various formalities at the interview.

latest transfer case

Thanks for abci_1 to point out this link:

My case received a RFE on March 14th. The response for RFE is received by INS on April 22nd, local transfer to Washington DC office on May 8th.

I was laid off before 180 days after I-485 was filed, and received a RFE regarding job letter. I hired Sheela Murthy\'s firm to represent me. Her attorney simply sent in my current employment letter without any cover letter - she then resent the package with complete cover letter with explanation of AC-21 law.

My question is: anyone knows how long I will be scheduled for an interview? I\'ve decided not to hire a lawyer since the lawyers I hired so far have not been helpful.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Received Interview letter

I received interview letter from arlington today, Interview scheduled for 06/25/2002.It says Officer B. Does any one had interview exp with
officer B. Please help. Also I got appointment letter for finger print.

i-485 file transferred at INS ARLINGTON, no info from local office yet

I received a transfer notice for i-485 around 2.5 months ago, after my finger printing that says:

"Preliminary processing of the above application or petition (i-485) has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS local office at Arlington, VA. That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition".

Why would this happen and What are INS expectations at the interview?
Does anybody know how long Arlington office takes to schedule an interview.. it has been 3 months since the transfer notice.. no word from INS yet. Inquiry at local office does not help.

Marina..please answer

What is the name of your attorney and his/her address.
Please let me know .
Thanks

EAD Renewal

Hello,

My case was transferred to Arlington last December and I am still waiting for the interview. I also applied for the EAD and AP renewal three months back and have not got any information yet. I plan to make a trip to Arlington office for the EAD and AP renewal. Can you share your experience for the EAD renewal in Arlington office?

Thanks.

No Title

I went on a wednesday with my 485 transfer notice and EAD receipt, after 3 months of initial application to vermont, which transferred my EAD to arlington. I went to the INS in the morning at around 5.

At 8:30, I got an appointment for the same day at 2:30 to collect my EAD card. I was told that EADs were issued only on Wednesdays. I am not sure if thats the case even now. This was 6 months back.

Photo was taken by a person working for the INS. I didn\'t apply for
AP. So I do not know the procedure.

Since you have waited for 3 months you will get it the same day. That
is the policy that arlington follows.

No Title

They asked me to bring the medical report also. Initially the doctor gave the report as incomplete when I first applied for 485. There are multiple dosages for some tests. So when I completed all those then she gave me a complete report. I am planning to take that report to INS. As long as you have the completed report from doctor you dont need to take the medical again.

Interview for I-485

Weto to INS today. Turned out that the reason for our case to be transferred to local office was "Yes" in checkbox in the application where they ask for participation in organization affiliated with communist party. We are from Ukraine (former USSR), and participation in youth communist organization was compulsory if you ever want to go to college. Well, the problem was not "Yes", but that the "lack" of explanation. There were a couple of lines underneath in the form explaining about compulsory nature of participation, but officer said there was had to be separate detailed letter of explanation stating the dates, duties and stuff.

Gosh!!!!! I am SOOOOO pissed. This is unbelieavable! Because of that stupid thing we had to wait so long.

Ok, so now we need to submit these letters for both of us (my husband and I). And she went through other papers. My husband changed his job. And now they want for copies of paychecks too. And more detailed letter from employee explaining why the head company is in Massachussets, but he works here in Virginia. It is a consulting company of course, and the client is here. The officer did not seem to grasp this idea, so she wants a separate letter.

Ok, so the result is that we have to submit these papers to be added to our file and wait. Out fingerprints expire soon, officer warned us about it. So there is a chance we have to get new ones.
Because of all that I don\'t know how long will it take from here. Our lawyer said she can do it quickly, but I don\'t know. I expect something like 3 month. And this is if they would not want for something more once they know now that my husband changed the employer.

She did not ask for tax returns, birth and marriage certificate was on file, she went through passports and I-94s. Asked regular question about not being on welfare and not being arrested and stuff.

Officer is not terribly nice, but what is worse she does not seem particulary bright either. God knows whatever she types into the file (she was entering something on her computer the whole time).

So, alas, no stamp today. More waiting and anguish. NOTHINS IS EVER EASY seems to be the theme of our process.

Stress

I agree with you, Marina. Nothing is easy right now. Yesterday I went to Arlington office for my EAD and advanced parole application, which were filed three months back. I have my EAD appointment set up next week. I had my advanced parole appointment today and I still came back empty handed because they need to check with the system.

Feeling bad for all of these waiting. And it seems getting worse and worse.

Do you know which officer (like Officer B or H?)

Also did u take attorney with you?

Thanks

List is ending, but still waiting ....

Hi all,

First, Congrats to Nov29, SuG and Marina.

I am oldest in the list, wainting more than 13 months, and still waiting. Going through lot of frustration, mental tention, you name it.. I dont understand why INS (department of justice) is not doing right justice with me. I think, two or three people left with arlington interview.

dhanush

Can you specify documents they asked during interview?

Hi Marina. Glad you are done with your interview . Mine is on 18th.
Can you please specify what documents they asked to look at during interview and what documents they took from you.
Did you took medical again ?
IF you don\'t mind , can you specify each document they requested, and which one they kept for their records.
Thanks in advance for reply and good luck to you.

Documents

They looked at:
* passport with visas. Old passport (I exchanged it recently, old ones expired and the last entry stamp was in the old one).
* I-94
* Employment letter
* Paystubs (from new employer) and asked question why have I left the original sponsor. Did not seem too happy about it, but said nothing decisive. Have copies of paystubs, they want to keep them on file.
* Briefly went through the papers in the file - marriage certificate copy, birth certificates. We had them also with us but she did not ask for them

That was all. We had tax returns with us, she did not even mentioned them.
Medical records are from about September 2000, and we did not do new one and she did not ask for medical at all.

From what we did not have she asked for additional letter from employeer explaining why do I work here when the sponsor is in other area.
We did not have copies of paystubs with us, just the originals, so she wanted that.

That\'s all