Only Those Transferred To Arlington !!!!!****

Nope

Hi abci,

Ace and I am in the same boat.
Still waiting ...

dhanush

Ace,
Could you please send a your email to my private message box.
May be we can talk on phone.
thanks
dhanush

Beware of using Law Offices of James CT Hsia in Mclean ,VA

I have had a bad experience in using the Law Office of James CT Hisa as a Attorney for my GC Case . He is a very difficult person to Talk to and his Oriental Accent makes it even hard to understand and has a high temper.

Same Boat

Hi Kobra,
I am similar to your situation.
PD August 1998,
RD/ND August 1999
Xtransfered date August 2001
Redid the finger print on Feb 2002
Interview attended on March 2002
WHen I attended the interview the finger print was not cleared. I am still waiting for the approval letter.

At this point, I am getting a better offer and I am in big dilema should I take it or not.

Please provide feedback what they asked when you went for the stamping? Do u think I need any additional process if i change the job at this time ..

Gurus please provide your insight
Thanks
Goodguys

goodguys

interesting that we don\'t see you in this list. I guess people
 come into this list only for getting answers rather than sharing
 information helpful to others.

Interview, 2nd week of May

I changed my handle from ACE to ACE_1. I never managed to get the ACE user Id working again so I created a new one.

Finally!

Two weeks ago, I recieved the interview letter. The
personal info on the letter (i.e. name,
address,...)was correct. To my surprise, my attorney
did not recieve a copy). The letter has all the
standard info on it such as "This interview will be
videotaped", bring 3 years of tax returns, employer
letter etc... The interview is scheduled for early
May.

I have a couple of questions for you gurus out there.

1)Is it really necessary to bring a lawyer to the
interview?

2)What does a lawyer add to the interview?

3)What is the going rate for bringing a lawyer to the
interview? (my lawyer is trying to charge me approx
$1000). Am I getting ripped?

4) Does anyone have any experience with Officer "E". Please share.

Thanks
Ace

Congrats ACE!!

Some answers to your questions:

1) Lawyer: It really depends on what the likely reason for your interview might be!! If you know that you have a status or other easily identifiable problem, then the lawyer CAN prove to be his weight in gold. If you think your case being transferred for interview was just a random decision, then you can weigh the assurance of having a lawyer just for the heck of it against the expense. Kind of like insurance.

2) What a lawyer can add really depends on what your case is all about. See above.

3) $1000 is indeed quite in line with what any attorney will charge you. I saw a reply to your question by abci quoting something like $45/hr and I think that is a joke. Totally, truly unheard of, if I might say so!! Expect to pay upwards of $500 depending on how busy your lawyer is.

4) Officer "E": Supposedly, these alphabetical notations change every so often and are meant to preserve the privacy of the officers. That disclaimer being made, officer "E" has always translated into "Officer Posey". Read the past comments for feedback. Most of the people who have reported experiences before have met with Ms. Posey. For some reason, I had a different officer!!

No Title

> $1000 is indeed quite in line with what any attorney will charge
> you. I saw a reply to your question by abci quoting something like > $45/hr and I think that is a joke. Totally, truly unheard of, if I > might say so!! Expect to pay upwards of $500 depending on how busy > your lawyer is.

rvaldez:

It is not a joke. My attorney has agreed to this. I have
 a signed contract which says so. This is part of the deal
 for the whole process that I signed.

abci, sorry for the misunderstanding !!

Well, I know you weren\'t joking. I used the word joke simply to overemphasize how low an amount $45/hr was for a normal attorney!!

Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Arlington Interview & Approval (for EB2 SPOUSE)

Folks:
Today, my wife had her interview at Arlington and was approved after a really brief interview (less than 5 minutes) with a nice officer at Arlington. We had added her to my I-485 several months after filing mine (Mine was approved after interview on Jan 17th, 02 and is posted separately). Therefore this interview was just for her.

Found out straight away that the case was transferred because of non-classifiable fingerprints. The officer mentioned that the original fingerprints had been rejected so she was going to send her over for another Fingerprinting. I had taken all the paperwork from the prior fingerprintings and indicated to the officer that my wife had already been FP\'ed Twice. She checked her computer and found that this was indeed the case and the second FP was rejected as unclassifiable as well.

Since two sets of prints had been rejected, she decided to make us fill a special Affidavit form that essentially had us say that she had not had any police contact/criminal record anywhere. I guess we definitely got lucky as a third FP would likely have been unclassifiable as well and only resulted in additional delay.

That was it. We were on our way in surprisingly small amount of time.

Case details:
PD (through my LC) : March 99
ND: Jan\'01
Tfr: Oct\'01
Int & Approval: April 30th, 02.

congrats

Hi rvaldez,

Congratulations.

I have couple of questions.
1. What do you mean \'non-classifiable\' or \'unclassifiable\' FP?
2. Isn\'t your wife received interview letter along with yours. I dont understand why INS did seperate interview for each. When you had interview, did you get a chance to ask officer about your wife interview.

thanks

abci,
    still waiting, almost a year...

No Title

Yes Sug, Dhanush.

This wait is freaking me out too. I know I have waited less
 than you guys, but seeing that you guys are not approved yet
 is scaring me.