Only Those Transferred To Arlington !!!!!****

Any interviews scheduled lately.

Hi all,

My lawyer got my FP notice 2/1/02 from Arlington office requiring me to take FP (new) again. I got my FP done earlier in sep 2000. My lawyer said that arlington sometimes requires this to keep the FP records uptodate for interview. I got the FP done again on 02/02/02 saturday. He also mentioned that another client of his also got the same FP request along with the interview appt letter so mentioned that I should expect the interview soon. Hopefully it should be soon. Anyone else got any updates to share.

Case Details:
PD - 03/99
ND - 05/00
Transferred - 08/20/01
FP re-done - 02/02/02

Cheers,
Telecom Guy.

Telecom guy......can u please ask your attorney one info?

Please ask him when the other guy (who got interview notice) was transfered? was he an employment based case like us?

??????????????

If your case is transfer to local INS office (Arlington), what is the normal timeframe to get the interview call?
I have been moved to PA but still using the same old address for correspondence(my relatives address). I was wondering if Arlington takes much longer than Philadelphia, I better inform INS about my new address so that I get transfered there instead of Arlington in case of interview.

Telecom Guy... did you do a fresh medical

How did you manage to show the medical documents ?
 Please can you tell ?

re medical docs.

abci,

Actually we recently filed for 2nd 485 application (through my wife\'s company) & we got the medical done so we had duplicate copies of the recent medical reports. We showed them to the doctor and got them sealed/stamped, etc. However the officer did not ask us to show the medical reports.

Cheers,
Telecom guy.

No Title

Congrats telecom guy. Did anybody else got any interview notices lately? ACE,dhanush, kobra did you guys hear anything from arlington. In most of your cases it been more than 20 months(official time line for arlington).

Congrats

Telecom guy,

Congratulations! enjoy the freedom.

I dont understand what pattern they use to schedule interview.
Ace, and I waiting more than 9 months for an interview.

dhanush

regarding inerview.

Dhanush,

I think you and ACE are way past their interview criteria rules.. You should go to the local office and ping them. That might bring your case to their attention.

Hope you all will get the interviews/GC very soon.

Good luck.
Telecom Guy.

Congrats Dude!!

Have fun and enjoy the freedom that comes with not having to worry about "What happens to my immigration status if I do X, or if Y happens or ..."

N\'joy

I sent my lawyer to Arlington

Congratulations TelecomGuy!!!

I pinged them over and over to the point where I may have pissed them off!

4 weeks ago my lawyer set up a meeting with an Arlington INS supervisor and the outcome was that I should be getting my interview notice in about 3 weeks. I still have recieved NOTHING!

My lawyer visit cost me another $1000 ( which my company gracefully reinbursed me for).

I did everthing possible, I wrote letters to 2 senators, I wrote to my govenor, I been to Arlington a half a dozen times. All thats left is writing to the President.

I have an image of my file being squished up behind a file cabinet gathering dust, while sitting on top of Danush\'s application.

Danush, where are u? Did u get your interview date?

Good Luck Dhanush/Ace - Congrats Telecom Guy

Our best wishes are with you Dhanush and Ace. I am sure that everyone will get their GC soon but it is very frustrating that it is taking a long time for you. All the best and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Congratulations Telcom Guy, njoy your GC as it brings lots of stability and peace of mind. Good Luck for your future.

-GC4VP

Ace,

Hi ACE,

Almost I did the same, and I think we both pissed them off! I visited INS office several times, wrote a letter to congressman. My lawyer called several times to find the status. I wrote a letter to INS too.
Yes, I even thought of writing a letter to president.

My guess is, both of our files are with the same lazy officer,and they need to be dust off. One of my friend telling me that... INS IS LIKE A DEER, IF YOU GO NEAR, THEY JUMP FAR AWAY. Nothing in my life frustrated me so much than INS issue.

dhanush

any updates from arlington

Are there any interviews scheduled in March, April at arlington ?

Recieved GC

Hi,

I recieved my GC (stamp on passport) 2 weeks back. I was caught up in work, and so did not get a chance to post this.
Details: PD May 1999, 485 in April 2000, RFE in Mar 2001, Xfer to Arlington in June 2001.
I had changed my job after the Xfer, and had filed my papers/notice of change of employer in Feb. The interview letter came through about 2 weeks after this notice was filed. Without going into details, I recieved the INS letter via my old lawyer the DAY BEFORE THE INTERVIEW. I went for the interview (Ms Posey). She was nice and friendly. She did ask me to prove that my current job was the same as the previous one. Without my lawyer and the right jargon, it was tough to convince her.However, after about 10 minutes, she seemed happy. This was the only tough part. Unfortunately, my fingerprints had expired. So, we got a new appointment after 2 weeks and she sent us for fingerprinting. After 2 weeks, we went back and this time she just saw the paperwork and stamped the passports.
Notes from my exp:
Be prepared with all the documents and be aware of what documents are for what. By documents, I mean 485 filing documents, labor cert, tax records, bank statements, employer\'s letter of employment, marriage certificate, etc...
If possible, check with the lawyer and have answers prepared for certain questions.
I dont think there is any way to speed up processing. You can maybe have your lawyer check with the officials, but i am not sure if that would help.
Good luck to all on this discussion group.

Kobra.....Doubt..please answer

Did you receive the interview letter or only your lawyer did?

Din\'t you receive the letter because u changed residence?

Are you kidding?

Hi abci

Are you kidding? Never mind the GC, I still haven\'t received the interview notice!

Thanks for asking though.

P.S. Am I allowed to sue the INS for millions of $$ as a result of this emotional trauma?

No Title

You will get it soon ACE.
 Its hard I understand. INS Arlington is the worst.

Good luck.