Online Income With TD Status

gpet

I have TD status and I am working online. Is it true that I can't even do online work on a TD? I have been selling on ebay and amazon even before I came to the US, so can I continue to do so? How would they find out that I work online? Do they check every TD status holder's tax filing?

~~~original post and subsequent responses moved to a new thread ~~

Last edited by a moderator:
I have TD status and I am working online. Is it true that I can't even do online work on a TD? I have been selling on ebay and amazon even before I came to the US, so can I continue to do so? How would they find out that I work online? Do they check every TD status holder's tax filing?

I wouldn't risk it, I would stop if i were you. For the same reason I can drive Uber and make money on my TN, I don't because its not worth the risk losing your status. Specially with immigration cracking down, I wouldn't want to give them a reason to.

@gpet,

So you believe what you’re doing is okay as long as the US government doesn’t find out? It’s not a matter of how would they find out. It’s a violation of your TD status, you shouldn’t be doing it. Period!