Official I-485 processing Document

I am not sure if this is supposed to be "classified"

I think its authentic.

No one would have the time to type 265 pages!

I think it will help in formulating a lot of theories!:)

quick update

Page 130 :

"Work Distribution stages the applications based on priority date, perference category and country. "

That possibly explains the random approvals based on RD (at least to some extent)

kalluris

Damn man what a find!!!

It can be the Holy book of this forum.

Moderator Please put this thread or the link provided by kalluris on top.

Great job, buddy!

I downloaded this document...Just in case the document is removed from the net.

Re: quick update

Originally posted by patienceGC
Page 130 : "Work Distribution stages the applications based on priority date, perference category and country. " That possibly explains the random approvals based on RD (at least to some extent)

Don't forget that this is there because of different priority dates for different categories. Since all the EB dates are pretty much current, I wouldn't attach as much importance to this as I would have 18 months ago.

Intruiging document.

Thank you all for your responses

I know that you guys will like it. Lits dig it ... to understand it better.

Re: quick update

That means if the priority dates rolledback from Current "C"
what will they do they reject our application are we will be in adjustment status, so what will be the prority date is it RD or ND or anything else . Could some body please clarify

Thanks

Originally posted by patienceGC
Page 130 :

"Work Distribution stages the applications based on priority date, perference category and country. "

That possibly explains the random approvals based on RD (at least to some extent)

Re: Re: quick update

Originally posted by sivak_c
That means if the priority dates rolledback from Current "C"
what will they do they reject our application are we will be in adjustment status, so what will be the prority date is it RD or ND or anything else . Could some body please clarify

Your Priority Date is the date your Labour Certification was filed. If you are the beneificiary of an EB-1 I-140 or an EB-2 NIW I-140, it is the Receipt Date of the I-140.

There is a section in the document that explains the idea of a "Visa Hold" which means that the I-485 is placed on hold if the dates retrogress. Your I-485 won't be rejected (unless you filed it before your date was current), but it cannot be approved until the Priority Date for your country or category moves forward again.

Practically speaking, AC21 freed up so many more visa numbers that I don't see retrogression as something to concern myself with, no matter what the nationality.

Thank you kalluris for this link, it looks like an official document. There is lot of steps involved in the I-485 process, now I know why INS is taking so long to approve cases.

I wish our lawyers could read this document.

I dont know these INS guys have no brains. once the receive the file the have to go accrodingly, otherwise it will take realy long time if it is retrogress. Anyway l am shooting an email to my lawyer let me how they will respond.

cheers!!!!!!!!!11

rkethineni

Says who??

Its very much there, Do you have Adobe Acrobat??

If you dont that may be the problem.