Official I-485 processing Document

A few questions...

Kalluris,
You have done a great job by providing us with such a wealth of information. The web site is JUST SUPERB...

But it reminds me of the documents we see in most government offices in India too. The procedures are well laid out BUT no one follows them or implements them.

I think the same is the case with INS too. the procedure is so well laid out and clean.. But the IIO's( cutomer service representatives.. I dont know why they are called Officers...),confuse everybody with the Notice Date and Receipt date. For some.. they say they are procesing by receipt date.. but for some others they say by notice date...

Thanks,

You are welcome GC_JULY_2001

I have been waiting for more than 10 weeks to hear my approval (My RFE response was received by INS on 9th July it was for 2 W2s and 3 Paystubs) No luck yet.

I have called three times since then and got three different responses.

First time(after 4 weeks) one IIO told that everything matched on my file and i should hear in about 2-3 weeks (now i know what that means after reading this document)

Second time (after 7 weeks) someone told it has not yet assigned to an officer and should take 2-3 weeks ($#^&^%)

Third time (after 10 weeks) IIO told my case is being reviewed and may take 2-3 MONTHS.

I got frustrated and trying to find out what exactly is the process, in that time i found that document on the web. Most of my questions were answered, so i thought it might help you people also.... hence I posted the link to the file.

Hope it is helpful to all.

Thanks

I am also waiting kalluris

I am also waiting kalluris. No response from INS.

My RD is 07/23/2001 and ND 09/05/2001.

My FP was delayed(for reasons best known to INS). On 4/23/2002 I got my FP done.
Ever since,.. the wait continues.

My friends who applied along with me got their approvals in the first week of April.. at that time I did not get FP notice also..

Now.. people who have applied after me also have got their approvals ..

But... the wait continues for me...

Good luck.. WE will also have our day... one day..