Offer letter for TN

Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen and this is the first time I will be applying for a TN. I used to work for a university on H1B and currently on F2 status with my spouse.

I got a job with a consulting firm. This is a federal consulting job through a contracting company. The company will be providing a support letter. However, an official job letter is still pending. Is this a normal procedure? They are happy to give me an official support letter on a letter head. I am very concerned. Any thoughts or feedback will be great.

Thanks very much.

nelsona

Registered Users (C)
Your sponsor has to give you a TN qualifying letter, regardless of whther or not the provide you an offer letter, which is not important for TN.

If your TN petition fails, then your current status remains unaffected.

Thanks so much, Nelsona. Some websites mentioned job offer letter which made me worry a bit. Yes, the sponsor is happy to provide me with an official support letter. Seems like they have never sponsored anyone in the past and asked me to send them a draft letter.

Hello there,
Just wondering if there are any changes that need to be made in the letter in terms of USMCA vs NAFTA?
I called a lawyer for a free consultation and she mentioned it is absolutely necessary to go through a lawyer for TN application given the current climate. Any feedback from anyone who just appeared for TN?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

nelsona

Registered Users (C)
There are no changes, and no need for a lawyer. You are asking for a "TN", regardless of any treaty negotiations. No need to refer to treaties or anything else. Officers follow regulations, not treaty.

Oh, let me clarify :) initial so called free assessment and then pay 200$ for half an hour. She scared the hell out of me as if I am making a huge mistake by not going through her.
Thanks for the clarification Nelsona!!

nelsona

Registered Users (C)
Yes I think that is what Susie was suggesting: It really wasn't free consultation, because they would then pressure you to sign up for an unnecessary service.

I am heading to the POE this weekend. Has anyone been to Hill Island or Ogdensburg POE for TN? If yes, please let me know your experiences. Thanks so much.

Hi TNresearcher - Kindly share your experience in getting your TN visa stamped in the border. This would help other members in our forum. Thank You. Appreciate your time.

Hi Nelsona and others,
Just letting you know all went well and got the TN status approved. Thanks for your help. I went to Hill Island, as it is closer to where I live and it was a straightforward process. The officer looked at letter and asked me under which category I was applying and she quickly looked at my degree certificates and that was it. It was quick. Thanks again.

Hello Nelsona and others,
I’m a Canadian and looking for a job in US. As a Graphic Designer, it qualifyied under the occupational category for TN visa status. If an US company gives me an job offer, and provide me a offer letter. What shall I do for the next step? Please kindly advise.
Thanks!

Hi Nelsona and others,
Just letting you know all went well and got the TN status approved. Thanks for your help. I went to Hill Island, as it is closer to where I live and it was a straightforward process. The officer looked at letter and asked me under which category I was applying and she quickly looked at my degree certificates and that was it. It was quick. Thanks again.
Congrats Buddy !!