• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October Visa bulletin is available....

again is prison and curt record applicable to every body or not,but i think it should not, i know that police report is applicable to everybody

I have question for you guys. I am a F-1 visa student in the US right now.

My NL is ..EU000078xx
Here is the information:
5/25/09, received 1st NL May 25th, 2009
6/15/09,send papers to KCC
8/5/09,Received 2nd letter from KCC.
9/20/09,send $ 375
10/5/09 return receipt
10/13/09, Medical done
number current for October
10/13/09package send to Chicago (USCIS) for Adjusting Status, incl. $1010.-
10/16/09package arrived in Chicago

So, a visa number is available for me in October and I am kind of worried that it is getting late. Any ideas when am I gonna have my interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because you package is just now arrived in Chicago they have to go through it and unfortunately your package isn't the only one arriving. Not only DV packages are arriving at Chicago so they have to go through the case numbers to have the lower numbers goes first, etc...than look if the package is complete and send it to the USCIS office near you for your interview. If you call they might know your interview date, but they also could tell you to wait and call back when you receive your number back from Chicago, because they probably need that number. You have still plenty of time before they run out of GC...so don't worry. I don't think they have reached 10.000 by now and 50.000 + 5000 are available.:)

Because you package is just now arrived in Chicago they have to go through it and unfortunately your package isn't the only one arriving. Not only DV packages are arriving at Chicago so they have to go through the case numbers to have the lower numbers goes first, etc...than look if the package is complete and send it to the USCIS office near you for your interview. If you call they might know your interview date, but they also could tell you to wait and call back when you receive your number back from Chicago, because they probably need that number. You have still plenty of time before they run out of GC...so don't worry. I don't think they have reached 10.000 by now and 50.000 + 5000 are available.:)

Thank you so much bentlebee,
I have some questions, if you could please answer them..
I got my fingerprints done in November 12 and I haven't received anything until now. Do you know when I am gonna have my interview? as you know i am doing it in the US..Also, is there anything I need prepare before the interview??

I got my fingerprints done in November 12 and I haven't received anything until now. Do you know when I am gonna have my interview? as you know i am doing it in the US..Also, is there anything I need prepare before the interview??

Just wait for the date for the interview or call USCIS.

You need to have all your original papers ready to bring and show to USCIS and make sure you either have enough funds to show, a job offer in writing on offical letter head, and/or a sponsor.

Good Luck:)

As F1 student somethings that you may want to prepare could include: official transcripts, current enrollment, original degrees, passports, birth certificate, All IDs and SS card, Affidavit of support, keep the receipt of payment to DoS, Winner notification, etc. You don't need bank statements if you have a sponsor. All this might not be needed, but better to prepare. Oh, and also get the police report from your county just in case they ask. Good luck.

As F1 student somethings that you may want to prepare could include: official transcripts, current enrollment, original degrees, passports, birth certificate, All IDs and SS card, Affidavit of support, keep the receipt of payment to DoS, Winner notification, etc. You don't need bank statements if you have a sponsor. All this might not be needed, but better to prepare. Oh, and also get the police report from your county just in case they ask. Good luck.

Don't forget your original High School diploma because that is a requirement!

Actually my original documents are back home and I think it will take a month for them to arrive in the US. Can I just take the copies of my documents to the interview??? and also How much money should I have minimum in my account?? and Who can be my sponsor?? and Is it OK if I show them my bank statement from back home or should it be from an American bank?? If you could explain me these questions, that would be great and very helpful..appreciated.

As stated on the forms you need to show originals at the time of the interview! Why would it take a month to sent something by priority mail?

Any perminent resident can be your sponsor....if you have job than your employer can either be your sponsor or write a letter on official letterhead stating what your salary is and what your job description is...that should be enough as long as your income is high enough according to the poverty guidelines shown on the gov. website.

You can show a bank statement from a foreign bank as long as it isn't a loan and your money is showing enough funding...in that case you don't need a sponsor. they might ask you to proof where the money came from and to proof how long you have it on the account...the might ask, maybe not but they are allowed to ask for proof so don't just bring one statement. The reason is that your not allowed to get a loan, put it in your account and give it back right after the interview...it has to be your money or you need a sponsor.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...erty+guidelines+2009&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/visitor/i134.html (just an example of the sponsor form answers.

Actually my original documents are back home and I think it will take a month for them to arrive in the US. Can I just take the copies of my documents to the interview??? and also How much money should I have minimum in my account?? and Who can be my sponsor?? and Is it OK if I show them my bank statement from back home or should it be from an American bank?? If you could explain me these questions, that would be great and very helpful..appreciated.

Get them through Fedex or DHL etc. Make sure you have originals. You should have your documents in two business days by Fedex, of course you will have to pay for that efficient service.

Usually when you show bank statements you want to show about 6 months of statements. I know of people having $25000 and still had to do the affidavit of support form before they got the visa. If you know someone in the US, good friend or relative, then have them fill out an I-134 form for you and take that to the interview. Of course, if you have a job in the US, then a letter from the employer with the amount of salary and duties for the job mentioned on the company letterhead would suffice if the salary is above the poverty line.

dv lottery 2009

CN: 2010AF0007XXXX
Receive my first letter 30th june and sent it back 7th july.
when should i expect my next letter and was i suppose to make any payment along side with my first letter

CN: 2010AF0007XXXX
Receive my first letter 30th june and sent it back 7th july.
when should i expect my next letter and was i suppose to make any payment along side with my first letter

Depends if you are doing AOS or CP...

Hey guys. As I said, I got my biometrics done in October and haven't received anything from USCIS until now. Do you guys know approximately when my interview is going to be? Because I am worried that they are not gonna consider my case.

Hey guys. As I said, I got my biometrics done in October and haven't received anything from USCIS until now. Do you guys know approximately when my interview is going to be? Because I am worried that they are not gonna consider my case.

Hi shasha88. I am doing CP not AoS, so I am not very knowledgeable about your case. But I know a friend in New York who is doing AoS and she said she gave the finger print recently and it could take 8 months in New York for interview (because it is very busy in that city). However, as I said, don't rely on what I said. Call and ask USCIS in case your documents were lost/delayed in the mail.

Get them through Fedex or DHL etc. Make sure you have originals. You should have your documents in two business days by Fedex, of course you will have to pay for that efficient service.

Usually when you show bank statements you want to show about 6 months of statements. I know of people having $25000 and still had to do the affidavit of support form before they got the visa. If you know someone in the US, good friend or relative, then have them fill out an I-134 form for you and take that to the interview. Of course, if you have a job in the US, then a letter from the employer with the amount of salary and duties for the job mentioned on the company letterhead would suffice if the salary is above the poverty line.

Hey cooldude. As I said, I got my biometrics done in October and haven't received anything from USCIS until now. Do you know approximately when my interview is going to be? Because I am worried that they are not gonna consider my case. But I am doing it in the state of Montana which not a lot of people doing their interview here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends if you are doing AOS or CP...

Hey bentlebee, could you please help me out. I got my biometrics done in October and haven't received anything from USCIS until now. Do you know approximately when my interview is going to be? Because I am worried that they are not gonna consider my case. But I am doing it in the state of Montana which not a lot of people are doing their interviews here.