• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October Visa bulletin is available....

it has to do with how selectees CNs are distributed accross regions.

based on the posts on this forum and others, it seems this year selectees from africa tend to have higher case numbers.

if this is correct and the CNs for Asia and Europe are lower than previous years.

This is validated by the fact that November cutoff for AF region is high as has grown significantly whereas cutoffs for asia and europe are moving more slowly.

it has to do with how selectees CNs are distributed accross regions.

based on the posts on this forum and others, it seems this year selectees from africa tend to have higher case numbers.

if this is correct and the CNs for Asia and Europe are lower than previous years.

This is validated by the fact that November cutoff for AF region is high as has grown significantly whereas cutoffs for asia and europe are moving more slowly.

Are you saying that Europe has less selectees than previous years? The DV 2010 results are published in the Visa Bulletin for August 2009. Has anyone compare it with previous DV results?

Hello everybody,

I got DV2010 with CN of EU25xxx. I am an F1. I am planning to get married next week with my girlfriend. We have been together for 6 years now, the last two years being in seperate countries, but it is not a fake marriage. She is coming all the way from Turkey to get married here and apply for GC together, otherwise she will have to wait 6-8 years to get greencard by my sponsorship.

My questions are:

1)Are there any legal issues that may jeopardize the process with such a "quick" marriage? She is coming here for 1 week, we are getting married and she is going back until she finishes her school and then she will join me here in US. Will they say "hey wait this looks fraud?"?

2)Do we have to wait some time after getting marriage certificate or should we send our documents right away? I think we are already late because I hear that many people already sent their files latest by August. My case number is high (EU25xxx), so I am not really expecting to be current until May-June even July.

3) Can you give me a sense of the process about late filing? For example if I need to wait a couple weeks or months after getting married for the officers not to think that this is a greencard marriage (which is really not but what can you say...), is that going to be a problem even for such a high case number like mine? Will people with higher case numbers than mine be processed before me?

4) When do we get the second Notification Letter that tells us the time of the interview? For example let's say I become current in July, do I get the notification letter in June and an appointment day in July? Or do I get the 2nd NL itself in July and get an appointment date in August? What is the time difference between being current and actual appointment date? (for CP of course)

I am really anxious because if I cannot get greencard, I will lose F1 because I will be doing Consular Processing. An attorney said that will be faster and safer when my wife is in Turkey and I am here in US.

Please reply, thanks.

Hello everybody,

I got DV2010 with CN of EU25xxx. I am an F1. I am planning to get married next week with my girlfriend. We have been together for 6 years now, the last two years being in seperate countries, but it is not a fake marriage. She is coming all the way from Turkey to get married here and apply for GC together, otherwise she will have to wait 6-8 years to get greencard by my sponsorship.

My questions are:

1)Are there any legal issues that may jeopardize the process with such a "quick" marriage? She is coming here for 1 week, we are getting married and she is going back until she finishes her school and then she will join me here in US. Will they say "hey wait this looks fraud?"?

2)Do we have to wait some time after getting marriage certificate or should we send our documents right away? I think we are already late because I hear that many people already sent their files latest by August. My case number is high (EU25xxx), so I am not really expecting to be current until May-June even July.

3) Can you give me a sense of the process about late filing? For example if I need to wait a couple weeks or months after getting married for the officers not to think that this is a greencard marriage (which is really not but what can you say...), is that going to be a problem even for such a high case number like mine? Will people with higher case numbers than mine be processed before me?

4) When do we get the second Notification Letter that tells us the time of the interview? For example let's say I become current in July, do I get the notification letter in June and an appointment day in July? Or do I get the 2nd NL itself in July and get an appointment date in August? What is the time difference between being current and actual appointment date? (for CP of course)

I am really anxious because if I cannot get greencard, I will lose F1 because I will be doing Consular Processing. An attorney said that will be faster and safer when my wife is in Turkey and I am here in US.

Please reply, thanks.

if you just simply want to avoid the suspicion that it is a GC wedding, you can aswell send back the forms now to kcc as a single winner, get married later on and mail kcc including your scanned marriage certificate to notify them of your marriage so that they would update your profile.But this has to be done before you become current.And when eventually you are going for your interview, you also accompany your marriage certificate with confincing pictures of the marriage.You dont need to rush the marriage and delay your forms. Send back the forms now.As per when you will become current,study the bulletin archive but also take into cognizance that this fiscal year seems faster than previous years.hope this helps.

thanks gasper2000, but we are already in the process of getting married now... we will have the marriage certificate latest by Friday. My actual question was would they suspect if we send the forms on Friday when we get marriage certificate becuase it is like a few hours after getting married... I have enough pictures to convince them that we were together for several years anyway...

What do you mean by "faster" fiscal year? You mean the number will come earlier? Also, how long after being current does the 2nd NL arrive? Lets say I became current in July. When should I expect 2nd NL? When the actual appointment?

thanks gasper2000, but we are already in the process of getting married now... we will have the marriage certificate latest by Friday. My actual question was would they suspect if we send the forms on Friday when we get marriage certificate becuase it is like a few hours after getting married... I have enough pictures to convince them that we were together for several years anyway...

What do you mean by "faster" fiscal year? You mean the number will come earlier? Also, how long after being current does the 2nd NL arrive? Lets say I became current in July. When should I expect 2nd NL? When the actual appointment?

I dont envisage any problem insofar the wedding is authentic.As regards the fiscal year,october-september is the dv fiscal year.For most guys this year, i think they would be current earlier than it should to be because we have high numbers becoming current already.By this i mean, if your number use to be current in july in the past, it may become current june in this fiscal year. 2nd letter is normally sent 6weeks prior to interview.If you are current July, then you should be expecting your 2nd letter late May or early June atmost depending on the postal service in your country.

remember not to attach the original certificate.It is the photocopy of your marriage certificate that you are to send back to them with your forms.Dont be afraid they wont think it is fraud insofar your marriage is real.Anyboby can get married at any time.of course that is none of their business.

Thank you gasper2000. I was thinking of getting an extra copy of the marriage certificate for 10$ from the city hall where we are getting married. I will send that. Regarding my fear about fraud, what would i say if I was asked why we waited for 6 years and got married the day before applying for greencard. We were planning to get married during summer 2010 if I hadn't won the lottery, but now it doesn't make sense to wait tilll then because my fiancee wouldn't get GC for 8 years after getting married. This is why we are hurrying but is this understandable to those folks?

Thank you gasper2000. I was thinking of getting an extra copy of the marriage certificate for 10$ from the city hall where we are getting married. I will send that. Regarding my fear about fraud, what would i say if I was asked why we waited for 6 years and got married the day before applying for greencard. We were planning to get married during summer 2010 if I hadn't won the lottery, but now it doesn't make sense to wait tilll then because my fiancee wouldn't get GC for 8 years after getting married. This is why we are hurrying but is this understandable to those folks?

It is 5years and not 8years.You are stressing the 6years of a thing, how are they going to find out both of you have spent six years if you do not tell them?Everything really has to do with application of common sense.You may not even be asked all that as far as the certificate is there to authenticate your claim that you are married.Moreover there is no law in the lottery that stipulates the years couples must have stayed together before either of them is eligible for the GC processing.If the worst comes to worst, tell them you dont intend leaving her behind.That she going with you will make you more focused and responsible individual in the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
need some help....i am a dv 2009 winner from Bangladesh,both of my permanent and present address r in Dhaka but different,so now ...do i need seperate Police certificates for both address,or one will do?!!
Case no. : 2010AS00007xxx
NL dated :11 may, 2009
NL received :22 june, 2009
Forms sent to KCC : 5th july, 2009
Forms received by KCC: 8th july, 2009 (DHL tracking)

Last edited by a moderator:
Case number current, then?

Hi,

the October visa bulletin is available:

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 8,300 Except:

Egypt:3,100
Ethiopia:3,900
Nigeria:5,500

ASIA 7,000
EUROPE 9,100
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 375
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 450

So, if the case number I have is under the numbers quoted above, should I be expecting a letter with interview information soon? It's been about three weeks since they sent out the bulletin, but no second letter yet...
I'm in the Oceania category.
Sorry if I'm asking a silly question, but there seems to be a lot of knowledge on here about the process.
Thanks!

If you haven't received the letter and your number is current for October or November, you should call KCC and ask about your interview. Maybe you send your papers at a very later time or they haven't send your 2 NL.

my question here is that, i am from nigeria and my case number is 5+++ and acording to the october visa bulletin that nigeria is 5,500 and my case number is below this number, so i got wried, since i did not recive my 2NL, although i got my 1NL late july and send back to KCC on 4th of august and recived at KCC 12th of august,so i now send mail to KCC and ask about the status of my case number and i got a reply from KCC that they have recived my forms and wating to be process,that forms are being treated acordind to the date of reciving it.my question now is that since my number is current in october and they said my for is curentlly wating to be process.when likely can i have my interview, i want and body with experince or idea when likelly would i have my interview.thanks

Since you sent the forms so late you will be scheduled for the interview after they process your forms. Probably in November, or December.