October/November/December 2003 I-140/I-485 Concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
2003 Consolidated Tracker

Guys,

Based on some requests for a combined thread for 2003, I merged the different trackers into one. It makes sense to have a single tracker considering the fact that it is taking so much longer to get approvals now-a-days. It is also beneficial to see the progress in one place. Hope you all like it! Let's use the consolidated thread from now on.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118163

Joyd

PS: I had taken the latest trackers as of 16th March from the following trackers jan, mar, apr-may-jun, jul-aug-sep, oct-nov-dec.

Re: Re: For those of you who had their EAD approved after EAD RFE:

Originally posted by PhillyJulyLC
Is your wife the dependent benificiary? What is the RFE about? Could you share? Thanks!
Yes, my wife is the dependent. The RFE was on EAD/AP and was about better passport pictures.

Hello AR13:::

I am on the same boat as you are now...

My RD is 28-Oct-2003 (140 , 485 and EAD)

My wife EAD have approved on 2 Feb 2004

Mine got the RFE same like yours .. passport pictures and copy of drivers license. :-(

Please update if you find any response...

Re: 2003 Consolidated Tracker

Originally posted by joyd
Guys,

Based on some requests for a combined thread for 2003, I merged the different trackers into one. It makes sense to have a single tracker considering the fact that it is taking so much longer to get approvals now-a-days. It is also beneficial to see the progress in one place. Hope you all like it! Let's use the consolidated thread from now on.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118163

Joyd

PS: I had taken the latest trackers as of 16th March from the following trackers jan, mar, apr-may-jun, jul-aug-sep, oct-nov-dec.

Makes sense to me -- thanks Joyd.

Should we lock this thread maybe?

ETA

Re: Re: 2003 Consolidated Tracker

Originally posted by ETA-GC
Makes sense to me -- thanks Joyd.

Should we lock this thread maybe?

ETA

Thanks Joyd, I'm happy to see that PD and state data is finally tracked (I will update my info as soon as I get access to a Windows machine)
I still feel that this thread remains quite useful since it groups people by similar application dates. Maybe we should keep using it as a discussion tool, and use the more general thread for tracking purposes.

Urgent help on travelling!!

Hi All,

I need your valued inputs on my situation. I have applied for EAD and AP on Dec 3 and they have not been approved yet. I have valid H1 till 2006 stamped on my PP. Currently, I am out of project. I want to go to India, come back and look out for a new project. My company is not giving me a confirmation letter since I am out of project now (I am an hourly employee). Can I still travel to India? I have to travel in another couple of days...

Thanks
ssampy

Urgent help on travelling!!

Hi All,

I need your valued inputs on my situation. I have applied for EAD and AP on Dec 3 and they have not been approved yet. I have valid H1 till 2006 stamped on my PP. Currently, I am out of project. I want to go to India, come back and look out for a new project. My company is not giving me a confirmation letter since I am out of project now (I am an hourly employee). Can I still travel to India? I have to travel in another couple of days...

Thanks
ssampy

here you go AR 13
AR13:::

On March 1, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Re: Urgent help on travelling!!

Originally posted by ssampy
Hi All,

Thanks
ssampy

This is a tough call ssampy. I was in the same boat back in January and I decided that it wasn't worth the risk but that was just me. I actually had a ski trip scheduled and lost about $100 when I had to cancel the flight.

You are definitely still in status -- but that's due to your pending 485. I'd say the chances are overwhelming that customs won't check up on your H visa (I-94) when you re-enter but if they do and your company won't back you up... Plus, afaik you are here totally legally at the moment (again, due to the 485). If you re-enter on the H visa, this may cause you to begin accumulating "illegal presense". When your 485 is eventually adjucated (or maybe even your I-140 -- I'm not sure) this could come up (I'm totally speculating here -- but it sounds like this could be the case).

Also, I'm assuming that your company hasn't notified USCIS yet? If they have, then your H visa will definitely be dead at this point, although it might still be possible to transfer it up to a point (60 days or so, although there's no firm limit spelled out afaik). In my case I'm once again working under my H visa -- we transferred it a couple weeks ago after being on a "leave of absence" for about 7 weeks or so.

ETA

Getting EAD after 90 days

I see that almost most of you guys have not gone to INS office to get your work permit after 90 days ? Is there any specific reason ?

I am asking this question because I am planning to go and get my EAD after 90 days of ND. Can anyone provide more info on this ?

ST.

Getting EAD after 90 days

I see that almost most of you guys have not gone to INS office to get your work permit after 90 days ? Is there any specific reason ?

I am asking this question because I am planning to go and get my EAD after 90 days of ND. Can anyone provide more info on this ?

ST.

Travel to India...

Hi ETA,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, my company has not informed USCIS yet. How do you think I might accumulate illegal presence if they do not inform USCIS? Do you think it might affect my GC processing? I had a similar situation last year where I had to take 3 months break because of medical reasons. I was an hourly employee then too. They did not cancel my H1. I resumed work after 3 months.

ssampy

Re: Re: Re: 2003 Consolidated Tracker

Originally posted by ar13
Thanks Joyd, I'm happy to see that PD and state data is finally tracked (I will update my info as soon as I get access to a Windows machine)
I still feel that this thread remains quite useful since it groups people by similar application dates. Maybe we should keep using it as a discussion tool, and use the more general thread for tracking purposes.

I still think it still makes more sense to use the consolidated 2003 tracker for discussions. That way we can make use of the vast resource pool of more experienced users. It's not like things are getting approved in 3 months, so a lot of the issues that are discussed in separate 3 month threads are common to a lot of ppl in different threads. Some food for thought.

Re: Travel to India...

Originally posted by ssampy
Hi ETA,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, my company has not informed USCIS yet. How do you think I might accumulate illegal presence if they do not inform USCIS? Do you think it might affect my GC processing? I had a similar situation last year where I had to take 3 months break because of medical reasons. I was an hourly employee then too. They did not cancel my H1. I resumed work after 3 months.

ssampy

Hi ssampy.

I'm obviously not a lawyer but my thinking was that your H visa is currently invalid because you are not employed. If you leave the US and re-enter on that visa, you are potentially entering illegally (I don't know). If I'm right, the legal approach would be to either a) transfer the visa to a new employer -- you should be able to travel as soon as the new LCA is filed or b) apply for and use AP.

I'd be concerned that entering illegally could jeopardize the 485 since you are supposed to be here legally to use that process (I believe there is a 180 day tolerance though).

That said, its probably very unlikely that this would be noticed if your employer doesn't inform the USCIS (although now *they* are breaking the law if they wait more than X days to do this afaik -- not sure what "X" is though). The USCIS would probably have to notice the gap in your paychecks and see that your I-94 was renewed while you were unemployed to catch the problem.

Afaik though, the customs / immigration could ask you whether you are still working for your company at which point you will have to lie if you want to get in on the H visa and not invalidate your 485 (because you travelled without AP).

Again, this is just my theory -- I'd see if anyone here can confirm / refute this and/or talk to a lawyer. After waiting all this time to get to this stage, I'd want to be *really* sure about this though.

(Also, check out http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?threadid=117044)

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Getting EAD after 90 days

Originally posted by SachinTendulkar

ST.

I went for iEAD and got it without any problem.
Carried I-140, I-485, I-765 receipts and drivers license.
Whole process took about 3 hours.

Originally posted by expected
EAD got approved on 03/15/04.

expected,

So much of effort has gone in to create the 2003 consolidated tracker, please use that. Let's all update the consolidated tracker from now on...

Status
Not open for further replies.